[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

darin3 does Dallas and Austin

darin3

I'm headed out to Dallas on July 9th. I arrive in the evening, and will probably be meeting with clients for dinner/drinks. Not sure if I'll be there long enough to hook up with anyone, as I leave Dallas in the early evening for Austin on the 10th after a full day of working in and around Dallas. If there's a chance of meeting up, I'll certainly try my best. I'm staying at the Dallas Hilton at Lincoln Center, right at the 635 Loop and the Dallas North Tollway.

I'll be in Austin on Monday night, but again, may be meeting with clients for dinner/drinks - but may have time after all that to get together. My co-worker buddy is headed out on Tuesday night, after a day of working in Austin. I, however, have elected to stay the night and leave Wednesday. So Tuesday night would be the best night to get together, if possible. Or, lunch on Wednesday would work too, as I'm going to fly out on Wednesday evening after touring the city's neighborhoods to find a good place to eventually call home. Edit: Staying at the Hilton on 4th St., downtown. So I will be hitting up 6th St., that's for sure :D

:D

Edited by darin3

No time in Dallas and Austin on a weekday?

Look, mother f8cker, that's going to make it tough. Let me see what there is to do on a Tuesday. :D

Tuesday in Austin is better than a Friday or Saturday night in 90% of cities. :D

I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess there is some form of youth softball taking place in Branson at that time. Just a guess.

Edit: Isn't that the place all the blue-hairs go to watch bad country acts?

Edited by darin3

• 2 weeks later...

Well night #1 is drawing to a close...

And all I gotta say is: :D

Point #1: Never, EVER fly America West / U.S. Air ... this is the first time any airline has misplaced my bags, and I've flown for business a TON. And their customer service is putrid. My bag is supposedly found and on its way but I'll believe that when I see it.

#2: It's hot in Dallas.

#3: Clubfoothead is a quality dude. Once he finally found my hotel :D we chatted it up and then went out for some grub and beverages. Thanks for the heart attack special, Clubby... sorry that we missed The :D Dog! Next time!

#4: Damn those WOPs!

Working all day tomorrow and then headed south to Austin tomorrow - hopefully in time for the Home Run Derby!

Thanks for the heart attack special, Clubby... sorry that we missed The :D Dog! Next time!

I thought cheese fries came with like nacho cheese not shredded cheese. We'll make it to the Angry Dog next time you art in town. And of course Austin has better food anyways. Hill's is suposed to have about the best burgers in Texas. Saccone's is about my favorite pizza anywhere. Except Duane's Houseof Pizza on South UNiversity in Fargo which has the best pizza anywhere on the planet.

Can't wait to see you again when there's more time.

I thought cheese fries came with like nacho cheese not shredded cheese. We'll make it to the Angry Dog next time you art in town. And of course Austin has better food anyways. Hill's is suposed to have about the best burgers in Texas. Saccone's is about my favorite pizza anywhere. Except Duane's Houseof Pizza on South UNiversity in Fargo which has the best pizza anywhere on the planet.

Can't wait to see you again when there's more time.

Word brotha.

Update #2: Spent the day in Dallas. Hot as a mothafugga. Went out to our project, Travis Ranch, which is the very southern tip of Lake Ray or is it Roy Hubbard. Nice area. Our client purchased the old governor's property, a couple thousand acres and his "weekend home" which will be converted to the community's fitness center/meeting space/etc. Very nice area. Got an early flight to Austin, which worked well. Got up to my room by 5 and was eating steak by 7. Headed to 6th St. and was slammed by 10. Watched the Home Run Derby at a cool sports bar and bounced around for a few hours. Stayed out till midnight or so, and came back to my room and won 200 on PokerStars. Now headed to bed, as we have a full day ahead of us tomorrow. Can't wait to move here... Austin is off the hook.

:D:D

Word brotha.

Update #2: Spent the day in Dallas. Hot as a mothafugga. Went out to our project, Travis Ranch, which is the very southern tip of Lake Ray or is it Roy Hubbard. Nice area. Our client purchased the old governor's property, a couple thousand acres and his "weekend home" which will be converted to the community's fitness center/meeting space/etc. Very nice area. Got an early flight to Austin, which worked well. Got up to my room by 5 and was eating steak by 7. Headed to 6th St. and was slammed by 10. Watched the Home Run Derby at a cool sports bar and bounced around for a few hours. Stayed out till midnight or so, and came back to my room and won 200 on PokerStars. Now headed to bed, as we have a full day ahead of us tomorrow. Can't wait to move here... Austin is off the hook.

:D :D

Travis Ranch is in Forney, not Rockwall or Heath. And its Lake Ray Hubbard http://www.newhomesource.com/search/home_d...px?plnid=278262

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Last night in Austin... man this place rocks. :D

Had dinner and beers at the sports bar we went to last night... watched the All-Star Game :D ... crazy.

Walked around a bit, saw some bands. :D

Meeting up with rbmcdonald for lunch tomorrow before heading home.

Can't wait to be here permanently.

Back home in SoCal. Good to be home, but I do really love Austin and all it has to offer.

Had the pleasure of meeting rbmcdonald, who is yet another quality Huddler. :D Grabbed some "local flavor" lunch and took a tour of some neighborhoods in Austin.

Really appreciate it, rb!

Last night in Austin... Can't wait to be here permanently.

Back home in SoCal. Good to be home, but I do really love Austin and all it has to offer.

Glad you made it back safely. :D