[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is your secret Hero?

rbmcdonald

My brother-in-law, he can take a Pig from being alive on the hoof, to the dinner.

He can back a two wheel trailer 10o yards around several curves, and never have to correct, once.

Wow! It's truly amazing how different people's views of what a hero are, are. Some people think what cops and firemen do is heroic, some think teachers are, some think jumping in a pool to save drowning people when you can't swim yourself is and yet others think driving a 2-wheel trailer backwards for 100 yds and preparing a pig for eats is heroic. Amazing!! Power to you buddy that's what makes this country special.

JC

That's a good one! To say the least.

Stephen Hawkings

If there was a theoretical physics fantasy league, I’d draft him 1.01 every time.

If they sold his jersey, I'd buy it.

Hawking is an idiot.

Whomper

Stephen Hawkings

If there was a theoretical physics fantasy league, I’d draft him 1.01 every time.

If they sold his jersey, I'd buy it.

:D

It's Hawking and his site

Stephen William Hawking was born on 8 January 1942 (300 years after the death of Galileo) in Oxford, England. His parents' house was in north London, but during the second world war Oxford was considered a safer place to have babies. When he was eight, his family moved to St Albans, a town about 20 miles north of London. At eleven Stephen went to St Albans School, and then on to University College, Oxford, his father's old college. Stephen wanted to do Mathematics, although his father would have preferred medicine. Mathematics was not available at University College, so he did Physics instead. After three years and not very much work he was awarded a first class honours degree in Natural Science.

Stephen then went on to Cambridge to do research in Cosmology, there being no-one working in that area in Oxford at the time. His supervisor was Denis Sciama, although he had hoped to get Fred Hoyle who was working in Cambridge. After gaining his Ph.D. he became first a Research Fellow, and later on a Professorial Fellow at Gonville and Caius College. After leaving the Institute of Astronomy in 1973 Stephen came to the Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, and since 1979 has held the post of Lucasian Professor of Mathematics. The chair was founded in 1663 with money left in the will of the Reverend Henry Lucas, who had been the Member of Parliament for the University. It was first held by Isaac Barrow, and then in 1669 by Isaac Newton.

Professor Hawking has twelve honorary degrees, was awarded the CBE in 1982, and was made a Companion of Honour in 1989. He is the recipient of many awards, medals and prizes and is a Fellow of The Royal Society and a Member of the US National Academy of Sciences.

Edited by SuperBalla

I never met my grandfathers brother but my mother told me a story about this guy that will always stick with me. He saw his niece that somehow slipped under the radar heading to a flight of stairs. Im not sure how old she was but she was very unsteady on her feet..At the last minute he lunged and saved her from falling down the stairs but in the process fell down the stairs broke his neck and died. That is a hero to me.

I never met my grandfathers brother but my mother told me a story about this guy that will always stick with me. He saw his niece that somehow slipped under the radar heading to a flight of stairs. Im not sure how old she was but she was very unsteady on her feet..At the last minute he lunged and saved her from falling down the stairs but in the process fell down the stairs broke his neck and died. That is a hero to me.

holy sh1t. :D