[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johson/Drew Bennett for Ronnie Brown/Boldin?

heehawks

Ok here's the deal. I have a trade offer to me.

The guy wants to give me Larry Johnson and Drew Bennett for Ronnie Brown and Boldin.

Here is my roster before the trade, standard ESPN scoring league.

Manning-QB

Brown-RB

Dunn-RB

Bolidin-WR

Burress-WR

Stevens-TE

Chicago-D

Rackers-K

WR Backups: Mason, Burleson, Curits, Parker

RB Backups: D.Williams, Mike Anderson

:D:D

As the deal is currently constructed, I would not pull the trigger. Unfortunately, the deal really looks like R.Brown and Boldin for LJ and a WR that will not end up in your starting rotation (Mason will be much better option).

If you can get the other owner to give you a top 20 WR rather than D.Bennett, I would be very tempted. Otherwise, I would hold what you got.

As the deal is currently constructed, I would not pull the trigger. Unfortunately, the deal really looks like R.Brown and Boldin for LJ and a WR that will not end up in your starting rotation (Mason will be much better option).

If you can get the other owner to give you a top 20 WR rather than D.Bennett, I would be very tempted. Otherwise, I would hold what you got.

+1

JMO,

but i would cut off my right leg to get LJ. so i would do it.

Ditto. I rode LJ to a 12 team league championship in 2004 and to second place in a 12 team league last year even though the rest of my squad had been devestated by injuries. Surround him with even mediocre talent and he will carry your team into the playoffs. He's well worth Brown and Boldin and you might actually be surprised by Bennett. The guy was a bona fide stud with Volek under center in '04.

Guest ksu70

I would do it. I am in the LJ must -have camp. I think LJ go beyond what Ronnie will do more than Boldin will over Bennett. Hell, the last time Bennett paired with Volek he scored about eight TD's in three games. That won't happen again but they have to throw it to somebody on the Titans.

I think with all the hype Ronnie is getting, we still really don't know what he is going to do (even the entire Miami team has "promise"). Larry Johnson is a stud and we know that. Their line is amazing and Herm has already said he wants to run more. This is obviously somewhat of a gamble but if you think you can get a a good wide receiver elsewhere of if you are confident in the ones you have, then I would pull the trigger. LJ is going to outproduce Ronnie by a mile, I truly believe that.

I'd do it. You'd have the #1 QB and #1 RB in football (assuming the Manning you listed is Peyton). DMason and Plax are not as flashy as some WR combos but will be respectable. Besides, it's much easier to upgrade WRs than RBs. Good Luck!

Do it. Boldin is good but like the other guy said you can get a good WR quicker than a great RB and Bennett may rekindle that magic he had with Volek. Not sure why Ronnie is higher than Stephen Jackson or Rudi in some rankings. Those guys are proven and he's been splitting carries until now. Even Caddy is more proven than Brown.

Wow, so far I've got about a 50/50 split on this deal. And yes its Peyton, not Eli on my team. I am just thinking about playoffs, and Manning having 3 tds, and LJ having 3 tds, and me winning the league. But, to tell you the truth, I'm still not sure I want to devestate my lineup for superman....thanks for the advice so far, anymore advice will surely be appreciated.

do it...the only way I'd give up LJ if I owned him if I was being offered Ronnie Brown and Boldin....

because, to be honest...Brown is still a HUGH question mark in a great situation...and Boldin's knee is always a concern, not that Bennett stays healthy or anything...

but if Volek starts, he likes throwing to Bennett....and LJ is a pure stud....trade him after week 8 if he starts getting real banged up....unless he's looking like a beast.....ride the freak...

also...my extra :D ...

you have 2 potential starters on your bench....besides Burleson...

I think Mason will be your #1 WR...and if Bruce gets hurt again...he is......old lol....then Curtis will be a very good option to play matchups with if Burress starts acting like his old self...

I think you could afford to make this calculated risk...

RB's are...my specialty afterall...:D

Edited by Avernus

i would get LJ. he carried on his back 3 of my teams last year. i went 9 and 0 in two of the leagues the rest of the season once he got his starts. give me a guy who could explode any given week. that is what gets you in the playoffs and on to championships, IMO

brown and boldin are real good. i dont think brown is as a good a guarantee for an entire season of production, as we think , yet. and i agree about mason this year being a good option. pick up a receiver during the year who surprizes as well.

I'm on the LJ bandwagon big time. I would make this trade in a heartbeat. Reasons as follows:

#1 Boldin is great but may have some injury risk, not to mention he plays across Larry, Edge will take some receptions and TD's from both and HC Green does utilize the tight end. Kurt is a major injury risk and if he goes down the passing game will suffer.

#2 Ronnie Brown has never carried the whole load. He split time with R. Williams last year and Cady at Auburn. I think he will be a great back but wont put up LJ type numbers this season, not even close.

#3 Drew Bennet is a good receiver and may be Tenn. #1 and should produce decent numbers. I don't think he will be one of your starters but will be a good 3rd or bye week receiver.

#4 I think you are good at WR. Your starters should be Mason, who will be reunited with McNair and could have a great season and Plax. should have a good year in NY. and Curtis should replace Bruce at some point this season. WR's can be found on the wavier wire if you are diligent and look every week, someone always shows up.

IMHO

Good luck

Excellent. The offer is still on the table. After doing some reading (and of course listening to my fellow Huddle member's advice) I am going to pull the trigger tonight! I just hope the league votes YES.

I too believe Mason will have a very good year. I also believe that Burress will be playing for one of the top scoring offenses in the league and will make a great #2. Further, Curtis should play more consistenly this year in his second full season in the offense. And lastly, as I am a waiver wire junkie, I agree with all the assesments that picking up a WR during the year should be easy. As for Brown, that was the sticky point for me, and held me up in the deal. I had LJ in both my leagues last year. I want him again alongside Peyton Manning and oh my :D ......the league championship looks that much closer.

Thanks boys!

There has been a development in this trade offer. He recinded the original deal :D and now wants Peyton in the mix, plus he will throw in Brees. This changes everything drastically. Now with the retirement of Roaf from KC, the running game might not be as phenominal as everyone thinks. Unfortunate or not, I think I'm going to stay put, and keep what I got. Let know what you guys think about these new developments.....Peyton and Brees in the mix, and now Roaf retiring.... :D

Thanks dudes...