[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2006 Projection Spreadsheet -- Released!

rhino

Tremendous work. Excellent!!

I sent DMD a PM a while back to inquire about doing some different work on consistency rankings. Your sheet seems like it would be a perfect venue for this as well.

Counting 100 yd efforts and games with a TD is a good measure of consistency. I have been looking at players points per week scored and been calculating a std dev for them based on last season, or in some cases the last couple of seasons.

What this tells me is that when I am looking to draft someone because they might have so many yards or so many TDs, do they score close to the same number of points every week or are they high some weeks and low others.

It changes the measuring stick from 'how many 100 yard games might I see from this guy' to 'will this guy get me 11ish points every week, or will it be 18 this week and 4 next week'.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running Excel 2002, but it crashes when I open Wtd Avg 2006 Projections 072906 v2002.xls. Excel eventually loads a "repaired" version but I'm sure it corrupted rhino's work along the way. I tried lowering the security setting for macros to medium, but it still crashed.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Great spreadsheet, obviously a lot of time and effort went into it. I have to say though, I preferred the one I got from draftwiz.com. It's a lot simpler and it doesn't use any macros. I had to pay $2.39 for it (I guess not everybody is as generous as Rhino) but I think it was worth it.

Ted

Great spreadsheet, obviously a lot of time and effort went into it. I have to say though, I preferred the one I got from draftwiz.com. It's a lot simpler and it doesn't use any macros. I had to pay $2.39 for it (I guess not everybody is as generous as Rhino) but I think it was worth it.

Ted

Fair enough; haven't seen that one. By no means do I think this Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet is the best thing out there. I'm sure there are better. Go with what you want.

Edited by rhino

I'm running Excel 2002, but it crashes when I open Wtd Avg 2006 Projections 072906 v2002.xls. Excel eventually loads a "repaired" version but I'm sure it corrupted rhino's work along the way. I tried lowering the security setting for macros to medium, but it still crashed.

Is this happening for anyone else?

soopy,

Sorry about that. We've had this problem in the past, but I was unable to recreate it using this year's version -- don't know why. I was hoping it magically went away, but obviously it stuck around, hiding.

1. Don't even try the "repaired versions" that Excel creates. They're crap. Just toss that out.

2. Have you tried the Excel V97 link I put out there on the same website? This will probably be a last resort type of thing.

3. Here's something that ts posted in 2004:

Well, I finall got the spreadsheet to open on my Office 2003 machine. after all the corruption/error messages reported earlier, I shut down Excel, re-started, then used File~Open to browse to the xls file & it worked.

Very odd, but for now I'm a happy guy. Thanks again!

Let me know if this works, or not.

4. Here's another workaround that ts found, also posted in 2004:

finally got the xls file to open/function correctly by doing this:

- Start Excel (do NOT 2-click on the xls file in Explorer/My Computer)

- File

- Open

- Browse (still in Excel 'File/Open' browser window) to the xls file location

- Single click on the xls file, it should now be hilited

- Still in the Excel 'browser' window, right click on the file

- Click on Properties

- Click on Cancel to close the Properties window

- Open the xls file from the Excel browser

I cannot explain this odd behavior, but I've repeated the scenario at least 5 times now & it is the only way that I can get the file to open properly, without corrupting the data. Sounds wierd, but give it a shot.

Let me know if this works, or not.

Hoping one of these works for you, soopy. Sorry for the pain, but I'm unable to recreate the issue here. :D

-- rhino

Fair enough; haven't seen that one. By no means do I think this Wtd Avg Projections Spreadsheet is the best thing out there. I'm sure there are better. Go with what you want.

Oh yeah, yours definitely is better in a lot of ways (such as being FREE.) I just like the simplicity of the other one. Probably because I am, myself, simple :D

Ted

Only comments I have are that this is an unbelievable tool and your effort is very much appreciated.

If you'd like to set up some kind of donation system to compensate your time and effort, I'd gladly participate.

The only problem I noticed was minor, but I figured I'd mention it: on the "QB Rank" tab, I clicked the projected points column (to try to sort it by that value), and it changed every QB's name to "Jared Allen." It could have just been a problem unique to my version, but...:D

I only see that happening when one hits "Update Player List" button. This copies all the players from the QB tab, to the QB Rank tab. However, a <F9> (recalculate) is required after that.

Swiss, I have not see this occur as a result of hitting the <Yr Pts> or <Game Pts> button. Regardless, try hitting the <F9> to recalculate.

Let me know if this works.

Only comments I have are that this is an unbelievable tool and your effort is very much appreciated.

If you'd like to set up some kind of donation system to compensate your time and effort, I'd gladly participate.

Thanks, but no thanks. Perhaps I can trade this spreadsheet for some timely "WDIS" or "Should I trade" advice later in the year. Whatcha' think?

I only see that happening when one hits "Update Player List" button. This copies all the players from the QB tab, to the QB Rank tab. However, a <F9> (recalculate) is required after that.

Swiss, I have not see this occur as a result of hitting the <Yr Pts> or <Game Pts> button. Regardless, try hitting the <F9> to recalculate.

Let me know if this works.

You're right -- I misspoke. It WAS the "Update Player List" button that I hit.

Is F9 the button to hit after I put in my league's scoring, too?

You're right -- I misspoke. It WAS the "Update Player List" button that I hit.

Phew.

Is F9 the button to hit after I put in my league's scoring, too?

Yessir. Hit <F9> anytime you enter some numbers that would cause other computed numbers to change -- such as scoring rules, changed projections, etc. <F9> is the "manual recalculation" key in Excel.