[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR-WR at the 11th or 12th pick in 12-team league

hagler

Recently had a draft and the first 11 picks were RBs.........

RBs remaining: McGahee, Westbrook, D.Davis, J.Jones, C.Taylor, W.Parker.......

-*****Even if Cadillac or L.Jordan are still remaining as part of the Bottom Rd. 1 RBs*******

With the 12th pick does it make sense to take 2 top WR ---ex: Holt, C.Johnson

3rd & 4th Rd. picks would obviously have to be 2 RBs......something out of a possible choice of:

W.Dunn, J.Lewis, C.Dillon, D.Foster, R.Bush, F.Gore?

5th & 6th Rd. could possibly have to be 2 RBs also-----a handcuff to one of your starters & a bye week RB

So, after 6 Rds: 2 top WR, 4 RBs......

Then look for a 3rd WR & QB or TE next couple of Rds......not trying to forecast a draft, but just thinking about positions to fill.......?

Question is:

Compare 2 top WR (Holt & Chad) to :

Bottom of Rd 1 RB & 1 top WR (McGahee, Westbrook & Holt)

2 Bottom of Rd 1 RB (Mcgahee & Westbrook)

------*****Even if Cadillac or L.Jordan are still remaining as part of the Bottom Rd. 1 RBs*******

My thinking is that Holt & Chad are both capable of putting up 1200-1400 yds. and 10+ TDs......

Just as good, if not better than the bottom Rd. 1 RBs.......agree????

Not really, you should go with at least 1 RB in those two picks. Otherwise you will be fighting an uphill battle with that position all season long

Agree. Take the best RB you feel complements your scoring system, then take the top WR. If you get 6 points per passing TD, you may want to consider Manning as well.

If you get 6 points per passing TD, you may want to consider Manning as well.

Won't waste my time with another dissertation on how poor this advice is.

Going RB-WR is a very sound approach to the 11-12 picks in a 12 teamer, depending of course on what RBs do make it to you. I would strongly reccomend RB in the first so you have more flexibility with your 2nd pick (unless you pick 12th of course).

Watch Mike Bell in Denver. :D If he reminds #1 in Denver, he is in for a year.

But look at your scoring system, do you get 1 pt per receiption?, 6 pts per TD?, Big plays rewarded? 2 WRs may not be a bad decision, but RB-WR maybe better if your scoring system and position rules emphasis a certain postion over the others (like requiring 4 WRs to start or 2 QBs).

Go RB then top WR. If you draft against morons go RB-RB as Ronnie and Rudi are bound to be there. Do not go WR WR or WR QB. If you're thinkin trade bait that is very risky. RB WR seems like the way to go this year with the shortage of true #1 backs.

I've gone contrarian if given end of first round picks. I went Harrison and Holt in those back to back picks last year. Took four second tier backs with the 4 next picks (your bound to hit on two sleepers... one of mine was larry Johnson). Carson Palmer was next. You get the idea. I won a 12 team league with this alternative approach.

I've gone contrarian if given end of first round picks. I went Harrison and Holt in those back to back picks last year. Took four second tier backs with the 4 next picks (your bound to hit on two sleepers... one of mine was larry Johnson). Carson Palmer was next. You get the idea. I won a 12 team league with this alternative approach.

Seen this approach backfire too many times to count. If you dont hit on that many sleepers at RB, and odds are you won't, you ae up a river.

If you pick 12th, every team ahead of you will have a better running back. By picking wr-wr you'll have the top 2 wide receivers and balance out your deficiencies in RB. The difference between the 9th best running back and the 12th or 15th best isn't that great. Why settle for a 3rd tier running back when you can have a top tier WR? If you can hit one sleeper RB you'll be in tremendous shape.

I went WR-WR-WR-TE last year to start my draft and ended up SB runner-up, so it is possible to field a winning team by not selecting a RB early. Now I got a little lucky in that my third round pick was Steve Smith. Granted you will be sick of shuffling the likes of Dunn, Droughns, or Fragile Freddy into your lineup each week by the end of the season, but it can be done. I too like the idea of having a tier 1 WR over a tier 2 or 3 RB. There’s only a handful of WR’s who make an impact on a weekly basis.

If you pick 12th, every team ahead of you will have a better running back. By picking wr-wr you'll have the top 2 wide receivers and balance out your deficiencies in RB.

You are making the assumption then that every owner in your league has the exact same rankings as you, and that said rankings are spot on? What if you have Caddy ranked as the 7th best RB, and he is there for you at the 12 spot? Are you telling me you would pass on him becasue golly the 11 taken infront of him must be better? No, you would take him because you have him as the 7th best RB and he would be the best player on the board in your rankings. Now, if you really think the decline from the RB you can get in the 12/13 picks to the 36/37 picks is less than the decline in the WRs you can get, by all means, go WR/WR.