[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A sad day today

driveby

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel lost in a time trap here. I remember this post when it went up, but if you asked me when it was I would have said this past September. Time marches while you aren't paying attention... :tup:

man, no kidding. makes you realize how many years some of us have put in here and how f'n old we're all getting :tup:

congrats to you and yours on the milestone, driveby :wacko:

Great post. I share those same feelings and even though my children are in their mid 20's I still see a lot of them. I went through a messy divorce when my children were 10 and 12 and I fought for them and won full custody. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like to be a "weekend" Dad? I was always very involved in their lives and coached both of them in baseball and basketball. Now, I have my 2 grandsons living with me and I am doing everything possible to give them my time and be there so they feel loved and stable. The greatest gift we receive in life is the gift of children. Driveby is right ...... cherish the time you have with your family. In the end, nothing else really matters.

With one offspring at college and the other in the Marines, the empty nest feeling lasts quite a while. One of the best things is visiting, which I did to my daughter in Madison yesterday. My son was home a couple weeks ago too.

Good luck to ya but it sounds to me like you've done the best job you possibly could and you have a right to be proud.

My only daughter graduated from college about a year ago now and Madison is where she moved to. But she was transfered to Baraboo and only lived in Madison for a short time.

My youngest son will graduate from HS this month. As luck would have it, he's going to U of M Rochester and that is lliterally across the street from where I work. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

My son's are 15,11 and 2..... Flying by for sure and can remember like it was yesterday when my 15 year old was my 2 year old :tup: .. Keep your contact always and you will always have your son by your side!! Good Luck to him on his next journey in life :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe