[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe in trouble?

BigTen

I don't feel like arguing, but I'm standing by my statement.

Volek will be traded, and Young will start by midseason.

Volek isn't playing because no one will trade for a hurt player. Why put him in to get hurt, he's not the franchise QB, and they want to trade him for something. That's why you keep him out of the game.

allow me to quote Herm Edwards.. :D YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

if Tenn. thought Volek was their best QB,he'd be playing. :D

If the Titans thought Volek was the best qb on their team,he'd be starting.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Clearly, Volek is the best QB at running that offense right now. They cant play him for fear of him getting injured. They are actively shopping him around the league right now. If he gets hurt, his value goes down. That is the ONLY reason he isnt starting.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Clearly, Volek is the best QB at running that offense right now. They cant play him for fear of him getting injured. They are actively shopping him around the league right now. If he gets hurt, his value goes down. That is the ONLY reason he isnt starting.

Woo, THAT'S RIGHT! +1

allow me to quote Herm Edwards.. :D YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!

if Tenn. thought Volek was their best QB,he'd be playing. :D

The only thing the Titans are playing to win for is the 1st draft pick in the draft. They aren't going to be competitive against good teams. They want Vince Young in as soon as possible so they CAN compete later.

Edited by CD6405

if this is the case(which I'm still not buyin')and I was a Titans fan,I'd find a new team to root for.Chris Mortenson,who I have to think has a better feel for what's going on than you or I,was on espn radio a week or so ago and said the Titans feel that Vince Young is 3 years away from being able to be the every down QB for Tenn.So if Voleks so good,who's gonna play QB til Vince is ready?

if this is the case(which I'm still not buyin')and I was a Titans fan,I'd find a new team to root for.Chris Mortenson,who I have to think has a better feel for what's going on than you or I,was on espn radio a week or so ago and said the Titans feel that Vince Young is 3 years away from being able to be the every down QB for Tenn.So if Voleks so good,who's gonna play QB til Vince is ready?

That's why the titans want to get him into every game for a series or 2 so he can start in 3 years?

I have to admit, I bit into that T.O. bait pretty hard, and drafted Bledsoe in both my leagues (Remember him? Guy with his name in the title?).

I should have known better, and now must resign myself to a few truly horrible games from my QB this year. :D

Granted, I expect he'll also carry my teams a couple time this year.

Edited by rellen13

I have to admit, I bit into that T.O. bait pretty hard, and drafted Bledsoe in both my leagues (Remember him? Guy with his name in the title?).

I should have known better, and now must resign myself to a few truly horrible games from my QB this year. :D

I have Bledsoe, but I'll wait and see how things shake out with him.

Keep in mind that the Jags defense is pretty stout to begin with. Gotta give credit where credit is due - the Jags D played a helluva game.

Once Bledsoe gets his timing down with TO things should run a lil more smoothly.

This game finally proves to me that the cowboys will NOT win a superbowl with Blesoe as their quarterback. Sure the JAX defense was stout. The problem with Bledsoe is that when he plays these stout defenses, he cannot be depended on to NOT make the big mistake(s). Not only that, he's a terrible throw on the run guy. With that offensive line not being world beaters, it's a really big deal that this guy cannot throw the ball on the run better than he does. He continuously fails to sustain drives by throwing the ball eratically when forced from the pocket or pressured. The guy's a loser folks....that's all there is to it.

This game finally proves to me that the cowboys will NOT win a superbowl with Blesoe as their quarterback. Sure the JAX defense was stout. The problem with Bledsoe is that when he plays these stout defenses, he cannot be depended on to NOT make the big mistake(s).

And which of these defenses in Dallas' division is going to be a cake walk? New York, Philadelphia & Washington? Bledsoe could be in for a long year (or a quick hook). But it is the first week and how much live action did Bledsoe see in the preason?

This is the answer to the original post, that if you have Bledsoe as your #1 QB, you better feel good about your #2 QB. If you don't , go out and get someone as your #2 because at some point you might need to start him over Bledsoe.

It's not that Bledsoe isn't #1 in Dallas, it's their analysis that if you drafted Bledsoe high, as your #1, you may have made a mistake. Might be too early to be saying that, but it's this CBS person's opinion.:D

And this above post is right on, that if you have him, you need to know that while he will have a couple monster games, he is going to have weeks where he puts up absolute duds that might cost you a win.

Well you got to understand, I know it is week one but when you get 38 pojnts from Bledsoe, S. Alexander, C. Johnson, D. Mason and J. Horn you get a little nervous.

Last year, Shaun Alexander scored 4 fantasy points for me during week 1. He'll be fine. As much as I agree with you (my team didn't score a single TD and I scored a league low 51 total points) it really is just week 1. I'll start to worry around week 4 if this becomes any sort of trend.

It's not that Bledsoe isn't #1 in Dallas, it's their analysis that if you drafted Bledsoe high, as your #1, you may have made a mistake.

It's not that I "drafted Bledsoe high". I drafted him late for value as my #1 thinking he would put up decent numbers for a late round pick.

He pointed out that while he wasn't pleased with the INTs there was plenty of blame to be had by the whole team.

Has there ever been a coach that was pleased about being on the wrong side of an interception? If anything, any "rumors" of Beldsoe in trouble are purely to light a fire under him.

It's not that I "drafted Bledsoe high". I drafted him late for value as my #1 thinking he would put up decent numbers for a late round pick.

I got him in the 9th round and at the time was pretty happy. I have Carr as my #2.

That's why the titans want to get him into every game for a series or 2 so he can start in 3 years?

So if Young won't be ready for 2-3 years, why not keep Volek until Young is ready? Listen, I am not a big Titans fan so I don't follow them like you guys probably do. This just doesn't make much sense to me. I find it hard to believe the Titans drafted a guy in the 1st round who wouldn't be ready to start for 3 years. 1 year I can see, maybe even 2 years, but 3 years is a long time IMO. What if he plays a few plays each game for 2 years and then they decide he is still not ready? How long will they wait? Are they going to keep throwing in crap QBs to start for the next 2+ years? I would be pissed if I was a Titans fan. I would be curious to know how many 1st round QBs took 3 years before they were given the chance to start. Then again maybe the Titans are doing this the right way. Just seems odd.

Cowboys showed no fire at all, come to think of it, all four Cowboy teams under Parcells have looked pretty much the same. Mistakes, lackluster performance, missed opportunities and over blown hype that comes from the Cowboys past reputation. They have more talent this year, but will it translate to more wins? I'm unconvinced and the one team I have Bleedsoe on, I have Homo too.

So if Young won't be ready for 2-3 years, why not keep Volek until Young is ready? Listen, I am not a big Titans fan so I don't follow them like you guys probably do. This just doesn't make much sense to me. I find it hard to believe the Titans drafted a guy in the 1st round who wouldn't be ready to start for 3 years. 1 year I can see, maybe even 2 years, but 3 years is a long time IMO. What if he plays a few plays each game for 2 years and then they decide he is still not ready? How long will they wait? Are they going to keep throwing in crap QBs to start for the next 2+ years? I would be pissed if I was a Titans fan. I would be curious to know how many 1st round QBs took 3 years before they were given the chance to start. Then again maybe the Titans are doing this the right way. Just seems odd.

If you read the rest of my posts in this thread you would see I wasn't agreeing with the guy that said they were wanting to start Young in 3 years. I was saying WHY would they put Young in that much now if they weren't trying to get him into the game earlier. All my other posts in this thread are saying how Volek will be traded, Collins will be benched for Young before midseason. :D

It's week one fer christ's sake. Let's let things settle down before we make snap judgements. This is just CBS looking for anything to write about. Kinda like the National Enquirer for the NFL.

I think you're being kinda harsh on the National Enquirer here.