[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mistake taking BOLDIN over FITZ?

RHINOchaser

I had Boldin last year and I would've love tohave him this year. I would've taken Boldin over Fitz also. Boldin is faster and does more with the ball after the catch. They should be even but Boldin can score from anywhere on the feild where fitzs is better closer to the goal line.

Time will tell.

1 game.

Yeah. Maybe I wasn't paying much attention at this point last season, but what is with all the impatient whining going on here?

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK PEOPLE!!!!

Carolina's D sucks, Fitz is better than Boldin, Alexander is never going to score... blah blah blah :D Give me a break.

I would actually rather read Men-U-Do's poetic wax than this garbage.

Carolina's D sucks, Fitz is better than Boldin, Alexander is never going to score...

darin - i think it's a little early to be making these kinds of statements.

:lol:

but it would have been nice for alexander to get at least one score against the lowly lions ... :D and what about that carolina d ... can they or can't they stop the run? :D

Boldin is one of the slowest receivers in the league. He ran a 4.7 40-yard-dash when entering the NFL. Fast for a lineman, very, very slow for a receiver.

Yeah but he's a beast to tackle. Defenders get hurt trying to bring the guy down.

I think he's faster than 4.7 too.

Yeah but he's a beast to tackle. Defenders get hurt trying to bring the guy down.

I think he's faster than 4.7 too.

I have Boldin and I think he will again be awesome! But here is the info on Boldin from Wikipedia:

"Anquan Boldin also was highly regarded leading up to the 2003 NFL Draft until he ran a 4.7 second 40 yard dash. He was picked 54th overall, after 5 other wide receivers were taken[5]. Boldin went on to break most rookie records for a wide receiver and be named Offensive Rookie of the Year and a Pro Bowl player as a rookie."

Edited by PythonPatrol

I had Boldin last year and I would've love tohave him this year. I would've taken Boldin over Fitz also. Boldin is faster and does more with the ball after the catch. They should be even but Boldin can score from anywhere on the feild where fitzs is better closer to the goal line.

Yeah and Boldin put up those stats in 14 games...

Fitz had 13 pts in standard perf, Boldin had 12.

:D I'd be surprised if they aren't within a stone's throw of each other at the end of the year.

100% agree here. I only chose Fitz because it seems like Boldin would get the best corner back on the opposing DEF, not because I thought Fitz would get 50 more catches.

Also, i factored in age regarding possible injury, but we all know age really has nothing to do with it.

One game into the season, they both will have good years. But I took Fitz in a couple leagues.

The one game does not change my opinion, even if the numbers were in reverse. Fitz just runs such perfect routes, and has some of the best hands I have seen. Boldin seems faster, and stronger - they compliment each other very well.

LITTLE SIDE DEBATE HERE:

How good would they be if they were on seperate teams without a strong #2 to compliment them?

I'm not sure either would put up Steve Smith numbers like last year (without the complimentary #2 that is)

but for some reason I'd rather have Fitz. Regardless of what team he went to..any thoughts?

LITTLE SIDE DEBATE HERE:

How good would they be if they were on seperate teams without a strong #2 to compliment them?

I'm not sure either would put up Steve Smith numbers like last year (without the complimentary #2 that is)

but for some reason I'd rather have Fitz. Regardless of what team he went to..any thoughts?

we've already seen what boldin can do without fitz.. the stats speak for themselves.

Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st

2003 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 101 1377 13.6 71 8 20 6 62