[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Rams Offense

efranklin

Does anyone think that the Rams offense will get any better?? I hope so. I drafted Holt as my second pick in one league and Bulger as my started QB in my other league, hell they couldn't even put up good numbers against the 49ers!! It was very frustrating to watch that crap yesterday. All I heard in the preseason is how good Bulger looked and the guy struggled to get the ball to Holt against the 49ers....althought Holt did get a TD but I was expected 100+ yards out of him too. Does anyone see any hope for the Rams offense to be back to where its been the last few years?

It's still early... but think that what you are seeing is what you are going to get.

My god say it isn't so, it may be a long fantasy year. I've got LJ who hasn't lived up to expectations and who's team sucks, and I got Holt who's QB and offense sucks. My only hope is McNabb keeps it up and Maroney eventually becomes a starter in NE.

I agree that as a Bulger and Holt owner that a new offense takes time. It is interesting that how in the era of four preseason games, how the first few games of a new season are needed before the starters get acclimated with a new O. They play too little in the preseason for fear of injury then waste 2 or 3 of their 16 meaningful games getting comfortable.

Anyhow, I do think they'll put up numbers by the end of the season, but it still hasn't stopped me from offering Holt and Bulger for Peyton Manning today...and it just may happen. We only play a 13 game regular season and I cannot waste any more games.

Linehan has a reputation of pushing the ball hard to his #1 WR, and to incorporate TEs into the O extensively.

Nothing Holt has done so far is remotely related to what Moss & Chambers have accomplished under Linehan. I could care less about STL winning or losing, but their being behind much of the game yesterday should have pushed Holt's numbers up the board, esepcially against the SF D. Needless to say as a Holt owner in 2 leagues, I have great concerns.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'm a Bulger owner and I'm more than concerned. I'm 0-2 right now strictly because of Bulger. If I had played Jon frickin Kitna against the Bears I would've won this week. If he doesnt get it done next week vs the Cardinals then I'm going to all out panic mode

Linehan has a reputation of pushing the ball hard to his #1 WR, and to incorporate TEs into the O extensively.

Nothing Holt has done so far is remotely related to what Moss & Chambers have accomplished under Linehan. I could care less about STL winning or losing, but their being behind much of the game yesterday should have pushed Holt's numbers up the board, esepcially against the SF D. Needless to say as a Holt owner in 2 leagues, I have great concerns.

this plays perfectly into Moss and Chambers' skill set... the high deep ball allowing the WR outrun and/or out jump the D.

Holt's strong suit is his route running which is why he thrived in Martz's O.

I doubt they'll be very bad but Linehan isn't particularly inventive.

but their being behind much of the game yesterday should have pushed Holt's numbers up the board, esepcially against the SF D. Needless to say as a Holt owner in 2 leagues, I have great concerns.

Believe me, they tried. Bulger overthrew Holt quite a few times and Holt had numerous opportunites except he was covered really well.

God I hope they will come around. I selected Bulger pretty high this year and have also been hindered by his lackluster performance thus far. I think they will come around and BUlger will have a few great games when defenses REALLY attempt to shut down Jacskon.

someone needs to have a man-to-man with SJax and break the news to him he is a North-South runner. It will hurt his feelings, but all they have to do is show Gore footage, and surely he will see the light.

Boy is this an uninformed post, or what?

SJax had 121 rushing yards against the Bronco's D last week.

LJ had 126 rushing yards against the Bronco's D this week.

Edge had 71 rushing yards against the 49er's D last week.

SJax had 103 rushing yards against the 49er's D this week - without his starting Center & losing Pace part way through the game.

Yeah like cre8tiff says, someone needs to teach SJax how to run the ball. :D

If only he knew how to run the ball properly, he'd be cracking 200 rushing yards a game easy :D

Does anyone think that the Rams offense will get any better?? I hope so. I drafted Holt as my second pick in one league and Bulger as my started QB in my other league, hell they couldn't even put up good numbers against the 49ers!! It was very frustrating to watch that crap yesterday. All I heard in the preseason is how good Bulger looked and the guy struggled to get the ball to Holt against the 49ers....althought Holt did get a TD but I was expected 100+ yards out of him too. Does anyone see any hope for the Rams offense to be back to where its been the last few years?

Man, no offense, but where the hell did you hear that? Bulger and the offense have looked terrible under Linehan since the first preseason game. Holt's TD yesterday was the team's first under Linehan, including the preseason.

I've watched every minute of every game of the Rams as a fan and Bulger looks off, and has all preseason. Part of it is surely the new offensive scheme, but his throws have been terrible. He has been short, long, high, low, all over the place and most of the completions he has are the reults of good adjustments or great catches by the receiver.

He did throw deep several times this week as he did last week, but never got close to completing one of them. They were either horrible throws or thrown into tight double coverage as was the case several times yesterday.

Even as a fan, I avoided drafting Bulger or Holt based on what I saw in the preseason, and I hope I'm wrong, but I only see this getting a little better. And only because it can't get worse. The offensive line is even worse with yesterday's injury to Pace, by the way.

I'm very, very concerned.

Boy is this an uninformed post, or what?

SJax had 121 rushing yards against the Bronco's D last week.

LJ had 126 rushing yards against the Bronco's D this week.

Edge had 71 rushing yards against the 49er's D last week.

SJax had 103 rushing yards against the 49er's D this week - without his starting Center & losing Pace part way through the game.

Yeah like cre8tiff says, someone needs to teach SJax how to run the ball. :D

If only he knew how to run the ball properly, he'd be cracking 200 rushing yards a game easy :D

Look beyond the yards, grasshopper, no one is claiming that SJax is not a good runner. The problem is that he is a big back that insists on running like a small back. Most of his yards last week came in garbage time as the Broncos were trying to force a turnover and get the ball back. And this week he did a good job of running in space on the edges of the Ram offense.

BUT...

The Rams and Linehan think he should be much more of a force between the tackles. He dances too much before hitting the hole, runs too upright, and is easily tripped up if you go low, in fact you don't even have to touch him. If you hit him high though, he'll drag three guys another three yards because he's strong as an ox. He just doesn't seem to want to learn to be an inside runner.

In fact, yesterday the Rams were facing a crucial 4th and less than a yard play late in the game and what did they call? A quick pass down the line of scrimmage to a receiver that luckily fell forward for the 1st down. This does NOT show a lot of confidence in SJax as the power runner he should be.

What scares/frustrates me the most is you look at the Rams schedule over the next couple of weeks, and you see some REAL nice potential matchups ahead (@ Ariz, vs. Det, @ G.B., vs. Sea, vs. K.C.). As a Bulger owner, you want to tell yourself "they'll have to get it together against the Cardinals" but you can't help but wonder!!!

I'm hanging in there for one more week. Most of you fellow Rams owners are probably 0-2 with me. It's can only go up from here right? If not, we can start a Marc Bulger Support Group to get us through this long, dreary season! :D

I also think that the Niners aren't as bad as everyone, myself included, thought they would be.

We had a co-worker in a local league last year that dumped his very poor team to begin with and picked up essentially the entire 49ers team. They did even worse then his team.

In retrospect, he actually wouldn't be doing all that bad this year. Smith is ranked 12th for QBs, Gore is 1st, Davis is 17th for TE, Bryant is 3rd and a defense in the middle of the pack at 12th. Their kicker isn't even doing to bad. You aren't going to go to a championship with the team, but in our league you actually would be right in the middle of things and that was just with those 6 roster spots. Toss in the extra few decent roster spots and you'd be doing great. That's exactly what our league leader did. We all laughed at him when he took a SF WR and RB. Now he's laughing at us.

Look beyond the yards, grasshopper, no one is claiming that SJax is not a good runner. The problem is that he is a big back that insists on running like a small back. Most of his yards last week came in garbage time as the Broncos were trying to force a turnover and get the ball back. And this week he did a good job of running in space on the edges of the Ram offense.

BUT...

The Rams and Linehan think he should be much more of a force between the tackles. He dances too much before hitting the hole, runs too upright, and is easily tripped up if you go low, in fact you don't even have to touch him. If you hit him high though, he'll drag three guys another three yards because he's strong as an ox. He just doesn't seem to want to learn to be an inside runner.

In fact, yesterday the Rams were facing a crucial 4th and less than a yard play late in the game and what did they call? A quick pass down the line of scrimmage to a receiver that luckily fell forward for the 1st down. This does NOT show a lot of confidence in SJax as the power runner he should be.

Yeah, what he said. :D The folks around me in the stands were calling him "Bojangles" last week. If he would be more decisive and hit the line, those yards would be effective yards. He got better this week, but still would not run between the tackles, or even follow his fullback.