[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

A comma can be a big thing. There isn't one between "defenders" and "who've", parse it out for yourself.

Ok, how about this then?

Yes, look for all the Vick defenders who've been scarce around here lately to come storming out of their hidey-holes.

No comma, same result.

So again...Excuse me?

Get off the cross, someone can probably use the wood.

Don't post crap like that & there wouldn't be a need for anyone to get up on the cross.

Sorry Chavez, but your post was pretty insulting (to a lot of people, not just me) & you're generally much better than that. :D

Don't post crap like that & there wouldn't be a need for anyone to get up on the cross.

Sorry Chavez, but your post was pretty insulting (to a lot of people, not just me) & you're generally much better than that. :D

If you're a Vick defender who HASN'T been scarce around here - and I doubt anyone would think of you as having been scarce around here - you shouldn't be offended.

Let's use a different example - "The Democrats who supported the Patriot Act should be ashamed of themselves" vs "The Democrats, who supported the Patriot Act, should be ashamed of themselves" - the first describes a subset of a group that should be ashamed of itself; the second takes the group as whole that should be ashamed of itself. Absent commas, my statement is akin to the first example - the Vick defenders who disappeared during his recent fallow stretch are going to come crawling out of their hidey-holes; the Vick defenders who DIDN'T disappear can at least say they kept the faith - that would be you and Rockerbraves, and I think that's about it.

Reading is fundamental.

If you're a Vick defender who HASN'T been scarce around here - and I doubt anyone would think of you as having been scarce around here - you shouldn't be offended.

Let's use a different example - "The Democrats who supported the Patriot Act should be ashamed of themselves" vs "The Democrats, who supported the Patriot Act, should be ashamed of themselves" - the first describes a subset of a group that should be ashamed of itself; the second takes the group as whole that should be ashamed of itself. Absent commas, my statement is akin to the first example - the Vick defenders who disappeared during his recent fallow stretch are going to come crawling out of their hidey-holes; the Vick defenders who DIDN'T disappear can at least say they kept the faith - that would be you and Rockerbraves, and I think that's about it.

Reading is fundamental.

Regardless of how it's read, it's still an insulting post. :D

Regardless of how it's read, it's still an insulting post. :D

You must cry yourself to sleep when Blitz and Bronco go out of their way to insult you if you're this uptight about an imagined slight.

You must cry yourself to sleep when Blitz and Bronco go out of their way to insult you if you're this uptight about an imagined slight.

No, I expect crap like that from them. It just surprised me coming from you, is all.

Did I see correctly that this was the Falcons 18th straight loss when they trailed entering the 4th quarter?

That seems incorrect. I recall Vick making big plays in some 4th quarters and OT games (though that doesn't mean the Falcons weren't ahead or tied going into the 4th in those games).

Edited by Chavez