[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

Hmm, that same QB who threw 6 TDs has confidence in Vick. Seems like Young would know what he's talking about more than you or me who just bs on a FF forum.

But maybe one day Vick can play with Jerry Rice.

I do not care about the fact Young has confidence in Vick. That does not make him any mopre of a qb. I guess since Cowher had confidence in Kordell, that makes him a Hall of Famer. Sometimes you guys should read what you write. You may save yourself some embarassment.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, Vick is not a scrambling QB. He is a running qb. Huge difference. Here are his stats for Young's super bowl. He completed 24 of 36 passes for 325 yards and six touchdowns. Does not look like his running won this sb. Once again, anyone who compares Vick to Young should immediately be banned from this site.

Steve Young is the current NFL record holder for QB Rushing TDs and has one of, if not THE, greatest TD run of any QB ever (immortalized by the King!). Not bad for a "scrambling" QB, eh?

A Quarterback is a Quarterback. A Running back is a Running back. A wide Reciever is a Wide Reciever. Different styles don't mean you shouldn't compare them. Steve Young was a far greater QB than Vick will ever be.

Cutting through all the posturing & BS in this thread, the reality is, Vick is nowhere near as bad, as some like to make out.

Of course the flip side is, he's no Moses either. Vick ain't gonna be parting the Red Sea anytime soon.

Let's wait until Vick gets a somewhat decent WR(and not another TE), before you can make that argument.

Trent Green has done VERY well with only a TE as his elite WR, a strong running game, and NO threat to bust contain to keep the defense honest.

Mhmm, with one of the best O-lines in the NFL too.

A good OL helps; giving Vick a pocket sense transplant would help more. He gets sacked FAR too much and too easily for a guy of his ability - he doesn't appear to feel pressure very well.

Cutting through all the posturing & BS in this thread, the reality is, Vick is nowhere near as bad, as some like to make out.

Of course the flip side is, he's no Moses either. Vick ain't gonna be parting the Red Sea anytime soon.

Cutting through all the posturing and BS in this thread, the reality is, Vick is nowhere near as good, as some like to make out.

Of course the flip side is, he's no Lucifer either. Vick ain't gonna condemn your soul to hell anytime soon.

Cutting through all the posturing and BS in this thread, the reality is, Vick is nowhere near as good, as some like to make out.

Of course the flip side is, he's no Lucifer either. Vick ain't gonna condemn your soul to hell anytime soon.

Cutting through all the posturing and BS in this thread, the reality is, Vick is nowhere near good, as some like to make out, but he is the greatest of all time.

Of course he's The Second Coming of Christ also. Vick will walk on water and set you on fire and send you to eternal damnation as he tears about the Pittsburgh secondary.

Edited by CD6405

As a long-time "Vick-hater" in this forum, I give him credit for a great job yesterday. Now, if he could only have 10 games like this each season, he might be worth his $100 million contract.

Even 7 or 8 games one could make an argument he'd be worth his contract.

Of course some will continue to make the argument he's worth it with this type of game once every leap year.

Even 7 or 8 games one could make an argument he'd be worth his contract.

Of course some will continue to make the argument he's worth it with this type of game once every leap year.

There's no need to make an argument whether he's worth his contract or not because that's the way things are.

I think these players who do things differently than regular players in those positions like Vick, Ward, Vrabel, and LT should all be paid less.

There's no need to make an argument whether he's worth his contract or not because that's the way things are.

:D

So you believe that once a player gets his money that his contract is no longer a consideration? At no point in a player's career should management evaluate the return they are getting on their investment? Just keep writing the checks.

So you believe that once a player gets his money that his contract is no longer a consideration? At no point in a player's career should management evaluate the return they are getting on their investment? Just keep writing the checks.

Uhhhhh....I'm pretty sure that's what Blank did with Vick, Blitz.

He looked at the return he was getting from Vick & gave him a raise.

Interesting question from the other perspective as well though.

So you believe that once a player gets his money that his contract is no longer a consideration? At no point in a player's career should management the player's evaluate the return they are getting on their investment performance? Just keep writing playing the checks games.

Uhhhhh....I'm pretty sure that's what Blank did with Vick, Blitz.

He looked at the return he was getting from Vick & gave him a raise.

Interesting question from the other perspective as well though.

Again it depends on what you want ... if you want to put butts in seats then you are getting a good return. If you want to win championships your investment is tanking.

However, that was not the issue. I was responding to Waterman's statement that we should stop talking about whether or not Blank is getting value from Vick's contract because the contract is past history. Last time I looked contracts in the NFL were NOT guaranteed and players have their performance weighed against their salaries ALL THE TIME. Why should Vick be excluded from this process?

Again it depends on what you want ... if you want to put butts in seats then you are getting a good return. If you want to win championships your investment is tanking.

However, that was not the issue. I was responding to Waterman's statement that we should stop talking about whether or not Blank is getting value from Vick's contract because the contract is past history. Last time I looked contracts in the NFL were NOT guaranteed and players have their performance weighed against their salaries ALL THE TIME. Why should Vick be excluded from this process?

I don't think Vick is being excluded from the process Blitz.

The very year Vick recieved the big contract, he was an integral piece of the team during their march to the NFC Championship game.

Is that not an immediate return on Blanks investment? Both in real dollars earned (because of who he is) & as a pricipal contributor to the teams success that year?

I don't think Vick is being excluded from the process Blitz.

The very year Vick recieved the big contract, he was an integral piece of the team during their march to the NFC Championship game.

Is that not an immediate return on Blanks investment? Both in real dollars earned (because of who he is) & as a pricipal contributor to the teams success that year?

Again ... I was responding to Waterman who said straight up ... the contract is a done deal and should be ignored.

The problem with pointing to Vick's success that first year is that it was on the strength of his legs. As he ages his legs will not carry him to the successes of his past AND the more he runs the more he opens himself up to injury.

I can't believe this thread is still going. I think we're all obsessed with Vick one way or another, love him or hate him. I think we can all agree he's not a good passing QB but with his rushing totals he's a pretty safe fantasy QB to start. And most importantly to the Falcons, he has a great winning percentage in the games he's started. Face it, he's doing something right.

I can't believe this thread is still going. I think we're all obsessed with Vick one way or another, love him or hate him. I think we can all agree he's not a good passing QB but with his rushing totals he's a pretty safe fantasy QB to start. And most importantly to the Falcons, he has a great winning percentage in the games he's started. Face it, he's doing something right.

I don't suppose the converse has ever occured to you - that ATL had a strong enough team to win a championship but that because they couldn't generate a credible passing offense with Vick at QB that they couldn't get that far? In short, the team was good enough to win a championship but Vick's weakness as a QB held them back?

Again ... I was responding to Waterman who said straight up ... the contract is a done deal and should be ignored.

Gotcha... :D

Little slow this morning. Only on my 2nd cup of :D

The problem with pointing to Vick's success that first year is that it was on the strength of his legs. As he ages his legs will not carry him to the successes of his past AND the more he runs the more he opens himself up to injury.

Agreed that as he ages, he will have to develope more as a passer, to compensate for Father Time.

Disagree with the more he runs, the more he opens himself up to injury. If you've watched the Falcons, you'll have seen his designed runs always to go to the sideline. Now the ad lib runs where he takes off up the middle used to be a valid concern, but as he's matured, he's learned to get low & small when he sees the defender coming in. Vick has taken far, far, far more wicked shots staying in the pocket, than he ever has running.

But you'd have to have watched all the Falcons games over his career to know this & not just the ESPN highlights.

In fact, the only times Vick has suffered injuries to where he's missed time, are from hits he's taken while still been behind the line of scrimmage.

I don't suppose the converse has ever occured to you - that ATL had a strong enough team to win a championship but that because they couldn't generate a credible passing offense with Vick at QB that they couldn't get that far? In short, the team was good enough to win a championship but Vick's weakness as a QB held them back?

Hey Bronco Balls, at what point did Atlanta ever have a championship caliber team in Vick's career? Please educate me and name that year for us all?

Hey Bronco Balls, at what point did Atlanta ever have a championship caliber team in Vick's career? Please educate me and name that year for us all?

Bronco Balls. That's a good, intelligent comment. Thanks for taking us back down to the level of BS.

I would think it would be pretty easy to evaluate. Check the years that ATL has made it to the conference championships. You can't possibly be denser than BS, can you?

C'ya!