[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

Why don't you tell us how many?

Lots of teams would consider getting to the conference championship some kind of a great feat especially with a 4th year QB.

:D

So your argument is essentially that Vick is better than Boller, Harrington, et al? Or should we start making Vick/Manning comparisons?

Um, okay.......

Edited by Bronco Billy

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your argument is essentially that Vick is better than Boller, Harrington, et al? Or should we start making Vick/Manning comparisons?

Um, okay.......

Hmmm...the point is that Vick is unquestionably more successful than most NFL quarterbacks past and present. Be honest, if you were starting a new franchise how many QB's would you consider before Vick?

Nuff said... :D

Hmmm...the point is that Vick is unquestionably more successful than most NFL quarterbacks past and present. Be honest, if you were starting a new franchise how many QB's would you consider before Vick?

If I wanted to sell tickets or if I wanted to win a championship? If you're talking about the latter I'd say about 20-25 QBs currently playing in the NFL including Vick's backup.

Be honest, if you were starting a new franchise how many QB's would you consider before Vick?

Just off the top of my head?

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb

Jake Delhomme

Trent Green

Mark Bulger

Rex Grossman

Eli Manning

Carson Palmer

Matt Hasselbeck

David Rivers

Drew Brees

Matt Leinart

Jay Cutler

Vince Young

Jon Kitna

Chad Pennington

Kelly Clemens

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Dan Orlovsky

Tony Romo

Kelly Clemens

Matt Schaub

and that list precludes guys like Brad Johnson, Brett Favre, & Steve McNair because of their age and that we're starting a new franchise.

Edited by Bronco Billy

How the hell do we know that ... had Harrison been on Atlanta for the duration of Vick's career Harrison's numbers would be 20% of what they are now. Vick is a horrible passer.

Vick is not in a "pass happy offense" because he can't pass.

---

Vick's style (relying on his legs) wins regular season games, and loses in the playoffs. If that floats your boat so be it ...

No Blitz, Vick is not in a pass friendly offense, nor has he ever been, because of his Coaches.

Dan Reeves has never in his Coaching career EVER run a pass friendly offense, (regardless of who his QB was).

Greg Knapp is an idiot offensive coordinator who does stupid crap like throwing his players under the bus, to save his job -

Florio was also told that, on Monday, owner Arthur Blank summoned Donatell and Knapp to his office, and that Blank wouldn't allow Mora inside the room until Blank had a chance to talk with them. After the four men met, Knapp was angry -- and word is that Knapp is openly blaming the performance of the offense on the limited passing skills of Vick.

Vick openly lobbied for the offensive passing game to be opened up a bit and we saw the result.

Wonder who Knapp throws under the bus next time? :D

To say Harrison's number would be 20% less if Vick were his QB, is extremely ignorant. Put Vick in an offense that takes advanyage of his strengths in the passing game (the long ball) and I'd bet you with Harrison's skills at getting seperation & route running, combined with Vick's long ball, he would be leading the league in yards per reception by a huge margin.

Now what type of franchise would this be that Vick would be joining? With decent WRs and a decent line, with a horrible line and crap WRs as he has presently, or all the talent in the world around him like Manning/Ben/Palmer/Hass have?

Edited by WaterMan

No Blitz, Vick is not in a pass friendly offense, nor has he ever been, because of his Coaches.

Dan Reeves has never in his Coaching career EVER run a pass friendly offense, (regardless of who his QB was).

Greg Knapp is an idiot offensive coordinator who does stupid crap like throwing his players under the bus, to save his job -

Vick openly lobbied for the offensive passing game to be opened up a bit and we saw the result.

Wonder who Knapp throws under the bus next time? :D

To say Harrison's number would be 20% less if Vick were his QB, is extremely ignorant. Put Vick in an offense that takes advanyage of his strengths in the passing game (the long ball) and I'd bet you with Harrison's skills at getting seperation & route running, combined with Vick's long ball, he would be leading the league in yards per reception by a huge margin.

Why don't we see if he can reproduce some success - and I'm not saying 240+ yds & 4 TDs, I'm talking 190+ yds passing, 2 TDs, & less INTs than TDs - before we annoint Vick a great QB, shall we?

A reproducable result is called a trait. An unreproducable result is called a fluke. (Hint - Vick has only put up or exceeded that combination of numbers I used 7 times in his 64 games as a pro).

Edited by Bronco Billy

Why don't we see if he can reproduce some success - and I'm not saying 240+ yds & 4 TDs, I'm talking 190+ yds passing, 2 TDs, & less INTs than TDs - before we annoint Vick a great QB, shall we?

A reproducable result is called a trait. An unreproducable result is called a fluke. (Hint - Vick has only put up or exceeded that combination of numbers I used 7 times in his 64 games as a pro).

We saw it last season. The Vick Sucks thread died pretty fast.

McNabb's WRs aren't exactly pro-bowlers and he seems to be doing just fine. Reggie Brown is a second year receiver, Hank Baskett is an undrafted rookie, Greg Lewis is a mediocre #3 WR, and Stallworth has been hurt more then healthy.

I wonder why McNabb has so many more yards than Vick? Is it just Westbrook? :D

Nahhhh...it can't be just having a player like Westbrook. It's probably got something to do with the types of offense these guys are in & McNabb getting almost 100 more pass attempts than Vick.

For 2006 McNabb has 243 pass attempts to date.

For 2006 Vick has 147 pass attempts to date.

Oh! You mean numbers like this BB?

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 21/38 306 2   0 

&

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 16/26 161 2   0 

I wonder why McNabb has so many more yards than Vick? Is it just Westbrook? :D

Nahhhh...it can't be just having a player like Westbrook. It's probably got something to do with the types of offense these guys are in & McNabb getting almost 100 more pass attempts than Vick.

For 2006 McNabb has 243 pass attempts to date.

For 2006 Vick has 147 pass attempts to date.

Only a HC who was independently wealthy & didn't need his job would ask Vick to throw more than he absolutely had to. On a normal day, Vick couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Oh! You mean numbers like this BB?

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 21/38 306 2   0 

&

PASSING 	CP/AT YDS TD INT M. Vick 16/26 161 2   0 

Now I see the problem. You are mathematically challenged.

For your future reference, BS, 190 is a bigger number than 161.

It happened twice out of 15 games last season. That would hardly be considered a regularly repeatable event.

Lord, please help me open the eyes of Bronco Billy & all the other Vick hating ignorant Huddlers.

Games that are close to fitting your criteria by Vick in 2002 passing only

Dan Reeves offense

+----------+--------------------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |+----------+--------------------------+|  1  gnb  |   15   23   209   1   0  ||  3  cin  |   16   26   174   2   0  || 10  pit  |   24   46   294   1   0  || 12  car  |   19   24   272   2   0  || 15  sea  |   21   38   240   2   2  || 16  det  |   20   38   337   2   1  || 17  cle  |   17   40   240   1   1  |+----------+--------------------------+

Games that are close to fitting your criteria by Vick in 2003 passing only

*Only started 4 games in 2003 due to preseason broken ankle*

Jim Mora / Greg Knapp offense

+----------+--------------------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |+----------+--------------------------+| 17  jax  |   12   22   180   2   1  |

Games that are close to fitting your criteria by Vick in 2004 passing only

+----------+--------------------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |+----------+--------------------------+|  2  stl  |   14   19   179   1   0  ||  6  sdg  |   12   21   218   2   1  ||  8  den  |   18   24   252   2   0  || 12  nor  |   16   29   212   2   1  |

Games that are close to fitting your criteria by Vick in 2005 passing only

+----------+--------------------------+| WK  OPP  |  CMP  ATT   PYD  TD  INT |+----------+--------------------------+|  3  buf  |   15   27   167   2   1  ||  9  mia  |   22   31   228   1   0  || 10  gnb  |   20   30   209   2   0  || 11  tam  |   21   38   306   2   0  || 14  nor  |   12   23   231   1   1  || 16  tam  |   16   26   161   2   0  |

Now I know you stipulated 2 TD, no Int, 180+ yard games only, but of course that is an unrealistic set of parameters as there is not a single NFL QB, either current or past, who fits that criteria.

So there are some 1 TD games with yardage higher than 180 & there are some 2 TD games with yardage less than 180. There are also some games with interceptions, as again, there is not a single NFL QB, either current or past, who has ever had an interception free career.

Just off the top of my head?

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Donovan McNabb

Jake Delhomme

Trent Green

Mark Bulger

Rex Grossman

Eli Manning

Carson Palmer

Matt Hasselbeck

David Rivers

Drew Brees

Matt Leinart

Jay Cutler

Vince Young

Jon Kitna

Chad Pennington

Kelly Clemens

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Dan Orlovsky

Tony Romo

Kelly Clemens

Matt Schaub

and that list precludes guys like Brad Johnson, Brett Favre, & Steve McNair because of their age and that we're starting a new franchise.

Never heard of David Rivers...

...but I'd still take him over Vick... :D