[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your 1st post you showed his low yardage.

I pointed out it was tough for a QB to get high yardage, when working from a short field.

Then your second post you went for how it must've been easy to get the 4 TD's since it was short yardage.

I then pointed out regardless of where the Falcons started their posessions, they carved up a normally stout Steelers Red Zone D.

Other than that, I don't have a freaking clue as to what you're talking about. :D

My first post pointed out a mediocre day, outside the 4 TDs.

You immediately apologized for his low stats with a defensive post about a short field.

I pointed out the short field contributed mightedly to the only stellar portion of his day, the 4 Tds.

Once you realised your points were baseless, you fell into your current state of confusion. But don't worry, one day you'll come to your senses once you stand up from behind his a$$. :D

My first post pointed out a mediocre day, outside the 4 TDs.

You immediately apologized for his low stats with a defensive post about a short field.

I pointed out the short field contributed mightedly to the only stellar portion of his day, the 4 Tds.

Once you realised your points were baseless, you fell into your current state of confusion. But don't worry, one day you'll come to your senses once you stand up from behind his a$$. :D

Dude what are you smoking? I didn't immediately apologise for anything.

I simply pointed out a fact. If you can only throw for 22 yards because then you're in the end zone, then you can only throw for 22 yards.

It's not rocket science guy. :D

Favre gets criticized for his annual two step retirement will he won't he dance.

Justifiably IMO.

Favre gets FAR more hate than is deserved for his on-field play. The retirement dance does get old, I dislike it immensely but shouldn't spill over to the field, where he has been average to good this year.

Manning gets criticized for having all world talent year in year out, but never getting to the big dance.

Again...somehat justified IMO.

More justified now that he has a legit defense - even so, his 3-6 playoff record is bad, but you could only call him a true goat in 2, maybe 3 of the losses - no worse than Joe Montana from 85-87. Indy seems to have some grit they were lacking last year, interesting to see how it pans out.

Vick is in a rushing offense & gets criticized for not passing :D

It's not that he doesn't pass, it's that he's an inaccurate and inefficient passer on most days. Those numbers I posted show that a low # of pass attempts is NO excuse for Vick's subpar totals. Heck, Roethlisberger has had better comp %s and phenomenal yds/att - plus more tds in both his seasons than Vick has ever had - despite being in a "rushing offense".

Favre gets FAR more hate than is deserved for his on-field play. The retirement dance does get old, I dislike it immensely but shouldn't spill over to the field, where he has been average to good this year.

More justified now that he has a legit defense - even so, his 3-6 playoff record is bad, but you could only call him a true goat in 2, maybe 3 of the losses - no worse than Joe Montana from 85-87. Indy seems to have some grit they were lacking last year, interesting to see how it pans out.

It's not that he doesn't pass, it's that he's an inaccurate and inefficient passer on most days. Those numbers I posted show that a low # of pass attempts is NO excuse for Vick's subpar totals. Heck, Roethlisberger has had better comp %s and phenomenal yds/att - plus more tds in both his seasons than Vick has ever had - despite being in a "rushing offense".

Roth also has someone named Hines Ward.

These are the WR's Vick's had to work with over the years;

Jenkins

White

Lelie

Finneran

Pathon

D. White

Price

T.Edwards

Jefferson

W. Jackson

T. Martin

Mathis

Not exactly a who's who list of WR's, is it?

Actually Chavez, Vick's yards per attempt (6.7) are pretty comparable to some current & former Pro Bowl & League MVP QB's.

McNabb = 6.7

Favre = 7.0

Gannon = 6.8

Elway = 7.1

McNair = 6.9

Brady is at 7.0 too.

Just looking at more #s regarding yds/att, 6.7 appears to be the Mendoza line - below 6.7 is where the productive and long-term starting QBs disappear. Yds/att is spread across a fairly narrow range, as well - the .4 between Elway and Vick looms large - there are but a handful of QBs over or near 8 - rare air. Most fall into the 7.3-6.7 range, and below 6.7 is the land of the "who dats?"

Roth also has someone named Hines Ward.

Jenkins

White

Lelie

Finneran

Pathon

D. White

Price

T.Edwards

Jefferson

W. Jackson

T. Martin

Mathis

He has an excellent TE. That certainly kept Trent Green productive in KC with similarly crap WRs. Tony Martin, Terrance Mathis, Lelie, and Price have managed 1000 yd seasons. It's no murderers row but the cupboard hasn't been completely bare.

He has an excellent TE. That certainly kept Trent Green productive in KC with similarly crap WRs. Tony Martin, Terrance Mathis, Lelie, and Price have managed 1000 yd seasons. It's no murderers row but the cupboard hasn't been completely bare.

Martin & Mathis were both at the end of their careers when Vick started.

Lelie was soooo good that Shanny used his 2nd rounder to get another WR & then shipped his butt out of Denver. On top of that, the guy is as soft as a marshmellow.

I think we all know that Price was exposed as a fraud when cast in the #1 WR role. Good WR with Moulds in his hey day across from him, but otherwise :D

Crump is pretty good, though but no stretch the field type like Gonzo.

Jenkins

White

Lelie

Finneran

Pathon

D. White

Price

T.Edwards

Jefferson

W. Jackson

T. Martin

Mathis

At least some of those guys would have better stats if that hadn't played with Vick and the Falcons. And to your argument that Vick is held back by the run style offense he plays in....the offense in taylored around him and throughout his career he has not taken avantage of the the passing situations that are there(although he did today). Most games it seems he has hard time reading defenses and checking down to his 2nd and 3rd receiving options.

At least some of those guys would have better stats if that hadn't played with Vick and the Falcons. And to your argument that Vick is held back by the run style offense he plays in....the offense in taylored around him and throughout his career he has not taken avantage of the the passing situations that are there(although he did today). Most games it seems he has hard time reading defenses and checking down to his 2nd and 3rd receiving options.

Just out of curiosity, how many Falcons games have you watched or been to over the years?

vick seems to be damned if he does damned if he doesnt. hes no peyton manning but i dont think hes the worst QB in the NFL. obviously he has all the tools athletically to be very good, his QB IQ isnt as high as guys like manning though.

when i watched the MNF game against the saints, the falcons receivers were pretty horrible. i couldnt count on both hands how many dropped passes there were. vick threw some passes that werent catachable but his WRs dropped a lot of balls. lets face it- vick does not have a great WR set. he never has.

ATL needs to give the ball to norwood more and line him up as a slot receiver even. they also cant be a one dimensional team that only runs, that has gotten them into trouble before and will continue too. i also dont understand why lelie is not startin....he is a deep threat who has actually done somethin in the NFL.

It's just like Waterman said, they pay Vick so much to PLAY BAD. He is so amazing that he has to dumb down his game so others can keep up. If he played for real and hadn't made the deal to be paid so much they would go undefeated every year and never lose a super bowl. I think we should all THANK Vick for accepting this bargaining deal made by the NFL so we keep the parody alive.

Just out of curiosity, how many Falcons games have you watched or been to over the years?

I've seen too many to count on TV but haven't attended any since I live in NM. I guess that disqualifies me from having an opinion.