[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling all Vick haters....

millerx

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever played football other than fantasy football? I doubt it based off these remarks.

:D

Whatever you say pal ... but I stand by my statement.

I consider Vick as my franchise QB ONLY if my primary interest is in putting butts in seats. If I want to win championships then I look elsewhere. Vick's style is NOT condusive to winning playoff games and never will be. However, many are simply content to have mediocre teams that make the playoffs on occassion but never make it to the big show, let alone win it all - if this is all you want in a team then by all means Vick fits the bill.

Well, before all the Vick lovers get too carried away with yesterday's success, here's a list of the currently active QBs who have 4 TD passes in a game in their career:

Of that list, only Kelly Holcombe & Kerry Collins took longer than being in their 6th year in the league (like Vick) before accomplishing the feat.

Of course Vick barely started his 1st year & had almost all of 2003 wiped out to a broken leg...so it's not realllyyyy 6 years is it BB? :D

Of course Vick barely started his 1st year & had almost all of 2003 wiped out to a broken leg...so it's not realllyyyy 6 years is it BB? :D

Of course it is. He was supposed to have gone to the NFC Championship as a rookie and then he was supposed to win the Superbowl with a broken leg. It all makes perfect sense.

Edited by WaterMan

Well now that you mention it ... Vick is a bit injury prone ... another mark against him.

Hmmm QB's with injuries missing games... :D

McNabb - Broken Ankle - Sports Hernia

Palmer - the ACL, MCL combo

Culpepper - the dreaded triad of ACL, MCL, PCL

Brees - Rotator Cuff

Pennington - The Bionic Shoulder

Trent Green - Currently the "I'm Batman" Concussion & the Entire 1999 season with ACL

Drew Bledsomuch - Punctured Lung

And the list goes on & on....

C'mon Blitz...you usually have better contributions than that lame stuff. :D

2006 - 7 TDs, 5 INTs, 5 FBs/1 FBL

2005 - 15 TDs, 13 INTs, 11 FBs/5 FBL

2004 - 14 TDs, 12 INTs, 16 FBs/7 FBL

2003 - 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 4 FBs/1 FBL

2002 - 16 TDs, 8 INTs, 9 FBs/6 FBL

2001 - 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 6 FBs/5 FBL

He has ALWAYS turned the ball over as many or more times than he has thrown a TD except in 2002 when he had 16 TDs (career high) and only 14 turnovers. Additionally as many have pointed out Vick has fewer pass attempts than other QBs which means he throws MORE interceptions per pass attempts than other QBs (reflected in his poor passer rating).

That doesn't look like a top notch QB to me ... name another QB in the league that would keep his job with those types of numbers ... the last one that comes to mind is Kordell Stewart.

Edited by Grits and Shins

Wow! Vick had one good game throwing the ball and the Vick lovers flip out like it's Christmas morning. Reading this thread (which is entirely too long) makes me think I'm watching ESPN drool all over an overrated player. Let's see some consistency out of the athlete before we crown him a legit quarterback in the NFL.

Do you measure Vick years & everyone else's years as different somehow? I guess Vick is so special that he gets his own measurement of time as opposed to the rest of the known universe.

Vick gets hurt so much because he runs so much. That's part of the deal with him. If you want to use that as an excuse for his poor passing performance, well, it's imaginative for sure.

I'm not a hater, since he's on my team. But I will say his timing for having a career day sucks! Who here would've started him vs. PIT when you also have Hasselbeck at home vs. MIN? Thanks a lot, Mr. Vick.

And Hass goes down (for 2-4 weeks) after a lousy 1st half. Dammit!

2006 - 7 TDs, 5 INTs, 5 FBs/1 FBL

2005 - 15 TDs, 13 INTs, 11 FBs/5 FBL

2004 - 14 TDs, 12 INTs, 16 FBs/7 FBL

2003 - 4 TDs, 3 INTs, 4 FBs/1 FBL

2002 - 16 TDs, 8 INTs, 9 FBs/6 FBL

2001 - 2 TDs, 3 INTs, 6 FBs/5 FBL

He has ALWAYS turned the ball over as many or more times than he has thrown a TD except in 2002 when he had 16 TDs (career high) and only 14 turnovers. Additionally as many have pointed out Vick has fewer pass attempts than other QBs which means he throws MORE interceptions per pass attempts than other QBs (reflected in his poor passer rating).

That doesn't look like a top notch QB to me ... name another QB in the league that would keep his job with those types of numbers ... the last one that comes to mind is Kordell Stewart.

Yeah it's a good idea not to include rushing TDs since they don't count on the scoreboard. :D

Yeah it's a good idea not to include rushing TDs since they don't count on the scoreboard. :D

We are discussing his attributes as a QB aren't we and not a RB? Like BB I will concede that he might make a better RB than QB.

Putting that aside, does the fact that he has some rushing TDs lessen the number of turnovers?

Edited by Grits and Shins

No Blitz, Vick is not in a pass friendly offense, nor has he ever been, because of his Coaches.

Dan Reeves has never in his Coaching career EVER run a pass friendly offense, (regardless of who his QB was).

You can't be serious can you? Reeves coached John Elway for 2/3's of Elway's career, and Elway is 3rd all time in passing yards behind Marino and the Energizer Bunny in Green Bay. This thread has really given me some chuckles. Vick is fun to watch. Vick fills seats. Vick is not a good QB. IF I were starting a new franchise I can think of about 20-25 QB's I'd rather have than Vick. I will say this though, thanks to his running ability he is a pretty good fantasy football QB, and often under rated in that regard. But in the NFL where every yard counts as a yard, and rushing yards aren't given 2 to 2.5 times as much emphasis, he is a below average QB.

Edit to add: And before you go and say that Elways success was more due to having Skelator as a coach later in his career, Elway averaged 6.46 more yards per game under Reeves than he did under Skelator.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Do you measure Vick years & everyone else's years as different somehow? I guess Vick is so special that he gets his own measurement of time as opposed to the rest of the known universe.

:D

If you're barley playing in your rookie year & miss almost all of 2003, not sure how that = 6 years of playing time, unless in your world there's a black hole bending the space time continum :D

Vick gets hurt so much because he runs so much. That's part of the deal with him. If you want to use that as an excuse for his poor passing performance, well, it's imaginative for sure.

This is BS.

The year he broke his ankle, he was staying back behind the line of scrimmage looking to pass. When he got knocked out of the Minn game last year it was again, taking a shot while in the pocket. Vick has taken far more solid hits staying in the pocket, than he ever has scrambling.

But when you don't actually watch the Falcons games, you end up parroting what all the other sheep who don't watch the Falcons say.