[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

About the Runningback report list

piratesownninjas

The top ten doesnt have Kevin Jones...

He's also not on the climbing list...

He's a top ten in pretty much any league...

I just found it interesting that a guy who's had solid production is getting no respect.

K.jones is huge this year.... I love Mike Martz

Kevin Jones is on a bye this week... this is a report referring to who is available to play in the upcoming week.

That's incorrect...if you read the RB Watch, it clearly states they are ranking players based on where they would be drafted if you had to draft today.

For instance, they have Kitna #7 on the QB report this week, even though he is also on the bye.

I am as equally baffled by the omission of KJ, who has some cupcakes left on his schedule to boot. He is the #4 RB in our league at the moment.

DMD?

The top ten doesnt have Kevin Jones...

He's also not on the climbing list...

He's a top ten in pretty much any league...

I just found it interesting that a guy who's had solid production is getting no respect.

I hope you're not interpreting "Climbing the Ladder" picks to mean numbers 11-13 on his redraft listings. If you thought so, then I could see why you'd feel miffed. Certainly Jones is a better pick than Lundy.

I'm pretty sure that Jones falls somewhere between 8-12 on a lot of people's lists. For example, certainly Tatum Bell is near that top 10 number as well. I'd rather have Tatum over some of the guys on that list. Since he got the nod, he's averaging 15 pts a week in my league (which is exactly even with Kevin Jones ytd numbers in my league).

I still think the Huddle should have a comprehensive ranking of players at each position. I've always found this useful on other sites, especially when evaluating trades and free agents. So Chris Henry is a 'hot pickup this week' at WR, but how does he rank vs. the schmoes on my roster? If I knew Henry was #48 but rising and my worst WR was only 43, then I wouldn't pick him up.

I guess keeping the draft rankings updated weekly would be the way to do this.

I still think the Huddle should have a comprehensive ranking of players at each position. I've always found this useful on other sites, especially when evaluating trades and free agents. So Chris Henry is a 'hot pickup this week' at WR, but how does he rank vs. the schmoes on my roster? If I knew Henry was #48 but rising and my worst WR was only 43, then I wouldn't pick him up.

Even if you reversed those numbers, and Henry was ranked 43, and my guy had 48, I'm sure I wouldn't even expense the transaction. For example, last year Justin McCareins ended at the #48 spot for fantasy production with our scoring system with 82.4 total pts. Antwan Randle El ended at #43 with 85.6 pts. If you're spending dollars to improve your team by 0.2 pts per week at a time, you're overmanaging your team, and wasting money (although, I like having guys like you in my league.)

That being said, your comments have merit. It would be nice if they ranked the top 20, and didn't end through 10.

I've stopped reading the watch lists. They seem incomplete or questionable at best. This is the first week Michael Vick has been mentioned. And we know how much everyone likes Michael Vick on the message boards.

Haha, this is a joke right? Otherwise, we have an opening in our league next year..... :D

Any of you guys ever think that you just could formulate your own list and manage your fantasy teams based on that rather than worry about whether or not a certain player makes it on the "Players to watch" or "Top 10" list?

I realize that people come here(and pay) for insight, but some of the stuff I read leads me to believe some of the folks out there want this site to tell them exactly who is going to score exactly how many points from week to week. For one thing, that is impossible to predict for even the most talented handicappers. Secondly, what fun would that be? Isnt part of the hook of fantasy football not knowing exactly what is going to happen and who is going to blow up from week to week?

If Kevin Jones is in the top 5 in scoring in your league, then make a decision based on that fact. Why worry about if he is on someone(who doesnt pay your entry $ or submit your lineup) else's list?

:D i could not agree with this more, and I've asked for this feature for 2 years in a row. Something similar to the IDP top plays for the week. Or picks and projects, but just ranked via position as well as team. +1 :bash:

DMD. The masses have spoken. Well, two of us. But still... :D

Any of you guys ever think that you just could formulate your own list and manage your fantasy teams based on that rather than worry about whether or not a certain player makes it on the "Players to watch" or "Top 10" list?

I realize that people come here(and pay) for insight, but some of the stuff I read leads me to believe some of the folks out there want this site to tell them exactly who is going to score exactly how many points from week to week. For one thing, that is impossible to predict for even the most talented handicappers. Secondly, what fun would that be? Isnt part of the hook of fantasy football not knowing exactly what is going to happen and who is going to blow up from week to week?

If Kevin Jones is in the top 5 in scoring in your league, then make a decision based on that fact. Why worry about if he is on someone(who doesnt pay your entry $ or submit your lineup) else's list?

:D

every time someone mentions a list, someone has this to say. I just dont get it. We pay for the huddle, because the people who do it, have great insight and the time we might lack. They also might have a higher football IQ than us. They might be smarter, funnier and get all the girls. They might know that last time Favre came off a bye, he scored 3 TDs and typically does well after a bye, and they might think that he'd be a better start than Palmer based on that and maybe a few more variables that I wouldn't know.

And when you say "why worry about if he is on someone else's list?" - because we pay for access to that list. That's why. If a friend made a list for me, and it didn't have KJ on it (in the top 20 that is) I would laugh and ask him to join my league ASAP. If I paid him for that list, I'd know a fool and his money are soon parted. But if KJ was in the top 5 in scoring, and the best FF site on the net didn't have him in the top 20, I'd want to know why. And for the record, I dont think he belongs in the top 10 either. I have no problems with any projections the huddle has ever made. Except when they pick the Panthers to lose.

If you think the huddle writers don't want to pick every game perfect and be so smart at FF, that all we ever have to do is listen to them, then you're crazy. If you think they wouldn't tell us that Harrington was going to throw for 414 yards because it would take the fun out of it, you're crazy.

I for one, merely take into account the projections and various articles on here, and still make my own decisions. But sometimes, I'm really lacking time to even DO THAT, so a simple list that says "i happen to like Harrington a bit more this week than Favre" would be great. Sometimes merely saying "I like Favre. I like Harrington" isn't enough.

I love the articles on here, and the insight is top notch. Do i need this list to function? certainly not. Would I go with another website that had this list? Not a chance. Should someone NOT suggest a feature they feel would be a nice add-on to a great site? I don't think so.

All duly noted and already well aware of. I understand the intent and appreciate the feedback. This is a definite consideration but implementing anything now is almost impossible. But I am interested in this area very much. It is very late no

What are you the Huddle's lawyer or agent? We pay for the content and articles written on this site that's recognized as a top 3 fantasy football site if not the best. How often do you see threads of guys poking fun at what's being posted or said on other websites that sound ridiculous. Credible content plays a big role in substance so the Huddle can expect to be called out when rubbish is printed.

1) Vick is a top 5 fantasy QB in most leagues. This is the first time he's EVER been mentioned on the QB watch list.

2) Kevin Jones is a top 5 RB in most leagues and as pointed out he's not even mentioned.

3) The only list that reflects what's really going on in most leagues is the WR list.

I personally love the huddle and think it's top notch and value what's written but ultimately make my own decisions. I'm sure some fantasy beginners use the Huddle as it's bible so no harm there either if someone chooses to run with the Huddles suggestions. However, IF content started to slide and didn't reflect what's going on in fantasy, I would simply spend less time on this site and more time on other sites.

Its called an observation. I'm trying to figure out how a guy who is a top 6 back in my league isnt mentioned on the list. Quit trying to brown nose. And the last fragment you put up there... What decision was I supposed to make? To start him or not? :D No, simply trying to understand what went into the rankings. Thank you for you lackluster post.