[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Bledsoe's Blog

Big Score 1

:D

I know it's all about the competition, but the life of a backup quarterback ain't that bad. In fact in many ways it's better. Good pay and good benefits all for holding a clip board for a few hours a week. Should extend his career for another couple of years.

Granted Bledsoe may lose out on some $$ incentives, but at least he doesn't have to worry anymore about getting his head knocked off every week by opposing defenses. Of course knowing Bledsoe's mobility he'll probably get taken out on an out of bounds play.

I know it's all about the competition, but the life of a backup quarterback ain't that bad. In fact in many ways it's better. Good pay and good benefits all for holding a clip board for a few hours a week. Should extend his career for another couple of years.

From his Blog, Drew seems fine to stay on as the back up;

Anyway. As reported, I am staying on as back up. I'm looking forward to wearing a headset on the sidelines, and flipping through those printed glossy black and white pages, showing them to Homo after each pick he throws.

"See that?" I'll say, "That's a defender. And that is the ball you threw into his hands. Generally you'll want to throw it to one of our players. But what do I know? 3,839 completions. 251 career TD's. They were all flukes."

The site is blocked for me...can anyone copy and paste it here?

TonyHomo.com: Drew Bledsoe's Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Here We Go Again...

Well, by now you guys probably already know. Coach named his starter for Sunday at Carolina, and it's... Not me.

Am I surprised? Yes. Am I dissappointed? Yes. Do I wish Romo gets injured or anything? Absolutely.

Nothing too severe, just a torn MCL or ACL (but not both!). I'll even take a high ankle sprain. Torn rotator cuff... Severe concussion... I'm not being picky here. Strained calf, back spasms, I'll yumping take turf toe, I don't give a oh poopy. What about that burst spleen thing? Is that common? You can't play without a spleen... That much I know...

Anyway. As reported, I am staying on as back up. I'm looking forward to wearing a headset on the sidelines, and flipping through those printed glossy black and white pages, showing them to Homo after each pick he throws.

"See that?" I'll say, "That's a defender. And that is the ball you threw into his hands. Generally you'll want to throw it to one of our players. But what do I know? 3,839 completions. 251 career TD's. They were all flukes." I'm sarcastic. That's something that doesn't come through in interviews. Now you guys know.

Anyway, I don't wanna dwell on football, this is my personal blog after all. So what else... what else... Oh yeah. I got a haircut today. That was cool. That's about it. Cool. Post again tomorrow after practice.

One other thing, according to ESPN Sportsnation polls, 47% of America thinks I should be the starter. I asked Coach if 147 million people can be wrong. He told me that figure only encapsulates the amount of people that voted, and not everybody in America. Then he asked me who the other 53% voted for. I told him "I dunno, Drew Hensen or some oh poopy, I wasn't really paying attention."

Dick.

posted by Really Drew Bledsoe | 3:13 PM | 1 comments

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It Begins.

I just can't shake the image of that play out of my minds eye.

I woke up this morning in the same bed I woke up yesterday morning. Same physical body, but mentally I am a completely different person. I am a back up. This feeling is oddly familiar.

6 AM, I need to sleep more. I Close my eyes. I take the snap. I see Terry (I call him Terry because we're teammates) make a quick out, running away from me. I can't stand it. I open my eyes. I can't sleep. I toss and turn. If only I can move this well in the pocket. Ha ha. I'm so self deprecating -- but in a good way. I need more rest. I close my eyes.

Terry opens his hands, I release the ball. Tight spiral. Touchdown. We're going into this half with a lead. But then out of nowhere... Sam yumping Madison appears. I open my eyes. I wonder if Buffalo needs a QB. Losman? More like Lost-Man. Haha. Nice.

6:15 AM. I still can't sleep. You know, I told Jerry before the game. "Should we really paint the endzone the same shade of blue as the Giants uniforms? It can't seem like a good idea to camoflauge their defenders..." He told me not to worry about it. I wonder what that means...I close my eyes.

Sam Madison picks off my, otherwise flawless, pass, tip toes his way outta bounds. One foot in. Two feet in. oh poopy. Three feet in. Four. Okay stop showing off, dickface, I get it. Five Feet in. I wanna puke.

I don't remember much after that. I know there was a second half. I spent the majority of it sorta glazing off into outer space, mulling over the best way to write my first blog entry. I was a creative writing minor at Washington State, remember.

So this is it. My first of many blog entries. I think it'll keep me entertained and alive... I know I've got pretty much nothing else to live for. I hope you stick around.

Oh, and as for the name, TonyRomo.com was taken, so I just chose this one. Also, that my sweetgot stole my starting job.

posted by Really Drew Bledsoe | 5:11 PM | 1 comments

Welcome to TonyHomo.com

Hi. I'm Drew Bledsoe. This is my Blog.

posted by Really Drew Bledsoe | 4:51 PM | 1 comments

Edited by broncosn05

I love the 'Boys, and that's still one of the funniest sports related things I've ever read. Whoever created that blog is hilarious.

:D Cunning Runt?

Do I wish Romo gets injured or anything? Absolutely.

Nothing too severe, just a torn MCL or ACL (but not both!). I'll even take a high ankle sprain. Torn rotator cuff... Severe concussion... I'm not being picky here. Strained calf, back spasms, I'll yumping take turf toe, I don't give a oh poopy. What about that burst spleen thing? Is that common? You can't play without a spleen... That much I know...

Funny stuff

6:15 AM. I still can't sleep. You know, I told Jerry before the game. "Should we really paint the endzone the same shade of blue as the Giants uniforms? It can't seem like a good idea to camoflauge their defenders..." He told me not to worry about it. I wonder what that means...I close my eyes.

Nice find ... :D

Oh, funny story: I jacked Mr. Starting Quarterback's iPod today. Every day after practice the starters stick around to talk to coach. For the first time this season, that didn't include me, so I took the opportunity to rummage through pretty boy's locker. Didn't find much, other than a new iPod Mini. So I took it and threw it in the trash. You shoulda seen the looks on all the guys' faces. I was like, their hero.

:D:bash: