[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Irvin is Incredibly Stupid

MikesVikes

Thanks, I really like having dialog that makes people think. I believe racism is all about the lack of understanding between races of people and the more we talk among eachother the better. Your not going to change everyone but it's the fence sitters that I like to go after. I always believe that "Bad things happen when Good people stand by and do nothing".

Is that why you continue to make outrageously racist comments and assumptions, and then when somebody turns it around on you, you call them a racist? Is that your lack of understanding between races of people, or your belief that since you are black, you should be held to a different, lower, standard? Is that why you attempt to make current day white people feel guilty for actions that were taken by other people hundreds of years ago? Will that somehow lead to a better dialogue when you begin every post with a "shame on you whiteys" thesis? Your dialogue makes people think alright, it makes them think that you are a worse racist than all those evil white devils that you hate. Your brand of double standard is what I rail against here at the huddle everyday and hopefully your ignornace and intolerance that you somehow rationalize because other people who simply share skin color were mistreated in the past. You dont get it that we are all for equality and a color blind society, but that means everybody is held to the same standards of conduct, of political correctness, of tolerance, of achievement. You demand respect and tolerance, but you give none in return. That is what we are sick of from alot of people in this country.

Edited by spain

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that why you continue to make outrageously racist comments and assumptions, and then when somebody turns it around on you, you call them a racist? Is that your lack of understanding between races of people, or your belief that since you are black, you should be held to a different, lower, standard? Is that why you attempt to make current day white people feel guilty for actions that were taken by other people hundreds of years ago? Will that somehow lead to a better dialogue when you begin every post with a "shame on you whiteys" thesis? Your dialogue makes people think alright, it makes them think that you are a worse racist than all those evil white devils that you hate. Your brand of double standard is what I rail against here at the huddle everyday and hopefully your ignornace and intolerance that you somehow rationalize because other people who simply share skin color were mistreated in the past. You dont get it that we are all for equality and a color blind society, but that means everybody is held to the same standards of conduct, of political correctness, of tolerance, of achievement. You demand respect and tolerance, but you give none in return. That is what we are sick of from alot of people in this country.

I wish you'd learn to let go instead of holding your feelings in so much.

You know this thread starting me to thinking a lot about history and it dawned on me. What kind of life did people die for?

Take the Indians of America or the Africans in Africa. Before Europeans and Spaniards got involved a typical day for the "Savages" went something like this.

Wake up whenever, stoke the fire and gather wood for breakfast. Get the boys up and get the horses ready to go for a ride to see if there are any deer on the other side of the mountain. Get the few younger boys to calm down as this is their first time riding by themselves. Mom preps breakfast and packs jerky for the trip and prays for safe and successful journey. Then the men and boys take off for the day hunting and might stop off at the stream to teach the new boys how to catch some fish or swim to cool off. Mom and the woman gather wood and groom each other talking all day about how their men are lazy and would rather hunt then fix the teepee. The Grandmothers teach the young girls how to sew, tend the gardens and become strong heads of families. The men spend the day catching fish, swimming in the lakes and streams along the way while stalking game with a bow and axe. Every once in a while having to fend off rival gangs by kicking ass and showing acts of bravery to protect the tribe.

The men get home with fish and wild game. They all sit around the campfire taking about the trip and how little iron fist pissed his pants when a bear spooked him as he was drawing back to fire on a deer. They clean the game and teach their young how to prepare food and respect the land their ancestors walked. Once everyone is full and laughed out, the children are sent to bed and the men stay up by the fire talking and smokin $hit. Then they retire, to have sex with their wife’s or girlfriends then stare at the stars to fall asleep, just to wake up and do the same thing again the next day.

Enter the Europeans, Spaniards and early Americans with their new and "civilized" nature. First they round up the natives and chain them up. They tell the Indians that they need to hunt for gold and wake up every morning to amass wealth and build crap so that you can travel to new places and work harder to build more stuff there. After many years you will have what is called an Empire where you can live out the rest of your days worrying how to keep the crap you stole or earned. You need to put that bow and arrow away and get rid of that tent and build a new house that you will have to stay in, which will eventually need bars on the windows to keep the riff raff out that are starving because you killed all the animals to sell the hides to pay for the house. Also you need to quit teaching your boys how to hunt, fish, live off the land and respect mother nature and the girls how to sew, cook and mother a strong family in order to teach them how to read and write and balance a check book, build dams, bridges, factories, farms, and such. They came to show the "Natives" the grand vision of concrete jungles, cell phones and cars where the average man will wake up early to put on a suit and tie drive 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic just to arrive at a cubical to spend 8 to 10 hours trying to sell crap, so that you can spend time with your kid hunting and fishing on Saturday and Sunday. Or better yet, get up at the crack of dawn to toil under some general contractor yelling a screaming that he’s behind schedule, while half the crew is high on meth trying to make it through until beer thirty. Then when he finally gets to go home to his wife who just got home from her second shift just to find out the kid has been kicked out of school for cutting class to drink beer with his buddies in the woods.

The “Great American dream” they call it. Don’t get me wrong, we have saved lives with new technology, created the best defenses in the world, traveled farther then imaginable, and invented great things because of it. However, had we of listened and learned rather then enslave Native cultures, we may not have had to join the rat race trying to preserve the very things we killed off and to afford to go hunting and fishing on the weekends. I love my Plasma, my freedom and security, my car and home but I personally would much rather hunt and fish all day and have to travel to the “Reservation” to watch the game! You ask me, the Indians had is right and had we been more respectful to their ideals and culture, we may be doing a lot more hunting and fishing and a lot less rushing and a$$ kissing. I just find it Ironic that we killed off the Indians, enslaved the Africans, then treat people of color with disrespect and prejudice, while all the while trying to save enough money to travel for tans and do exactly what the Natives have been doing for centuries, camping under the stars while hunting and fishing for what was once plentiful but are now Endangered Species. What we now call or designate; National Forests, Game Reserves, Mountain Resorts, and Habitat restorations the Natives called Home, Ironic indeed.

:D

What a lovely fairy tale you have created for yourself. Does it help reinforce your superiority complex?

You know this thread starting me to thinking a lot about history and it dawned on me. What kind of life did people die for?

Take the Indians of America or the Africans in Africa. Before Europeans and Spaniards got involved a typical day for the "Savages" went something like this.

Wake up whenever, stoke the fire and gather wood for breakfast. Get the boys up and get the horses ready to go for a ride to see if there are any deer on the other side of the mountain. Get the few younger boys to calm down as this is their first time riding by themselves. Mom preps breakfast and packs jerky for the trip and prays for safe and successful journey. Then the men and boys take off for the day hunting and might stop off at the stream to teach the new boys how to catch some fish or swim to cool off. Mom and the woman gather wood and groom each other talking all day about how their men are lazy and would rather hunt then fix the teepee. The Grandmothers teach the young girls how to sew, tend the gardens and become strong heads of families. The men spend the day catching fish, swimming in the lakes and streams along the way while stalking game with a bow and axe. Every once in a while having to fend off rival gangs by kicking ass and showing acts of bravery to protect the tribe.

The men get home with fish and wild game. They all sit around the campfire taking about the trip and how little iron fist pissed his pants when a bear spooked him as he was drawing back to fire on a deer. They clean the game and teach their young how to prepare food and respect the land their ancestors walked. Once everyone is full and laughed out, the children are sent to bed and the men stay up by the fire talking and smokin $hit. Then they retire, to have sex with their wife’s or girlfriends then stare at the stars to fall asleep, just to wake up and do the same thing again the next day.

Enter the Europeans, Spaniards and early Americans with their new and "civilized" nature. First they round up the natives and chain them up. They tell the Indians that they need to hunt for gold and wake up every morning to amass wealth and build crap so that you can travel to new places and work harder to build more stuff there. After many years you will have what is called an Empire where you can live out the rest of your days worrying how to keep the crap you stole or earned. You need to put that bow and arrow away and get rid of that tent and build a new house that you will have to stay in, which will eventually need bars on the windows to keep the riff raff out that are starving because you killed all the animals to sell the hides to pay for the house. Also you need to quit teaching your boys how to hunt, fish, live off the land and respect mother nature and the girls how to sew, cook and mother a strong family in order to teach them how to read and write and balance a check book, build dams, bridges, factories, farms, and such. They came to show the "Natives" the grand vision of concrete jungles, cell phones and cars where the average man will wake up early to put on a suit and tie drive 2 hours in bumper to bumper traffic just to arrive at a cubical to spend 8 to 10 hours trying to sell crap, so that you can spend time with your kid hunting and fishing on Saturday and Sunday. Or better yet, get up at the crack of dawn to toil under some general contractor yelling a screaming that he’s behind schedule, while half the crew is high on meth trying to make it through until beer thirty. Then when he finally gets to go home to his wife who just got home from her second shift just to find out the kid has been kicked out of school for cutting class to drink beer with his buddies in the woods.

The “Great American dream” they call it. Don’t get me wrong, we have saved lives with new technology, created the best defenses in the world, traveled farther then imaginable, and invented great things because of it. However, had we of listened and learned rather then enslave Native cultures, we may not have had to join the rat race trying to preserve the very things we killed off and to afford to go hunting and fishing on the weekends. I love my Plasma, my freedom and security, my car and home but I personally would much rather hunt and fish all day and have to travel to the “Reservation” to watch the game! You ask me, the Indians had is right and had we been more respectful to their ideals and culture, we may be doing a lot more hunting and fishing and a lot less rushing and a$$ kissing. I just find it Ironic that we killed off the Indians, enslaved the Africans, then treat people of color with disrespect and prejudice, while all the while trying to save enough money to travel for tans and do exactly what the Natives have been doing for centuries, camping under the stars while hunting and fishing for what was once plentiful but are now Endangered Species. What we now call or designate; National Forests, Game Reserves, Mountain Resorts, and Habitat restorations the Natives called Home, Ironic indeed.

:D good stuff

I think all he's saying, BB, is that the white man is the root of all evil, from death, destruction of entire civlizations/cultures and genocide to traffic, crappy jobs, meth-addicted kids, a-hole bosses and bad marriages. Seems perfectly rational.

I just have to wonder, CB1, have you already donated your 77" plasma, Acura MDX SUV, 2-bedroom loft on the harbor, designer clothes, household items and everything else you own to Goodwill and moved into the woods yet to live off only what Mother Nature provides, a la Grizzly Man? Because if you haven't yet, and you write something like the above, I'd say that your post, while well-meaning, IMO -- and you've made other interesting points throughout this thread, which has been a good read -- makes me throw the "hypocritical, stereotyping, blanket statement-making" penalty flag on you. :D

BTW, fuel to the fire: joey porter repeatedly calls kellen winslow a "F-Word-edited-by-Huddle-Admins" and defends himself by saying that they used that F-word widely in his neighborhood growing up. and he said it was only meant to offend winslow, not the whole gay community.

so, by that token, could some sh*t-kicking, redneck, white hood-wearing racist f*ck be able to use the "N-word" because they used it in his neighborhood growing up? or, if he did use it, could he say that he only meant it toward that one specific N-word individual, and not the whole african-american community?

to a gay man or woman, "F-word" is as offensive as the "N-bomb." am interested to see how this plays out....methinks another double standard is at bay, as if this were, say, ben roethlisberger or bill cowher who called a player a "my sweet," you can bet your arsse that it'd be a media feeding frenzy, and GLAD would be picketing outside heinz field as we speak.

Edited by msaint

BTW, fuel to the fire: joey porter repeatedly calls kellen winslow a "F-Word-edited-by-Huddle-Admins" and defends himself by saying that they used that F-word widely in his neighborhood growing up. and he said it was only meant to offend winslow, not the whole gay community.

so, by that token, could some sh*t-kicking, redneck, white hood-wearing racist f*ck be able to use the "N-word" because they used it in his neighborhood growing up? or, if he did use it, could he say that he only meant it toward that one specific N-word individual, and not the whole african-american community?

to a gay man or woman, "F-word" is as offensive as the "N-bomb." am interested to see how this plays out....methinks another double standard is at bay, as if this were, say, ben roethlisberger or bill cowher who called a player a "my sweet," you can bet your arsse that it'd be a media feeding frenzy, and GLAD would be picketing outside heinz field as we speak.

Its fairly obvious that we simply cant hold blacks to the same standard of conduct. Whitey kept some other people down so long, so now present day blacks simply cant conduct themselves in a civilized manner. I mean come on, whitey has to be to blame for this boorsih behavior that we see by the black man. Whitey be evil, which make blacky dumb...

Its fairly obvious that we simply cant hold blacks to the same standard of conduct. Whitey kept some other people down so long, so now present day blacks simply cant conduct themselves in a civilized manner. I mean come on, whitey has to be to blame for this boorsih behavior that we see by the black man. Whitey be evil, which make blacky dumb...

Further proof of the adage that you should never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.

:D

What a lovely fairy tale you have created for yourself. Does it help reinforce your superiority complex?

yea +1,, Come on is this Stinky Shat still spilling all over this thread,, why? Why not get over it'? We're different colors and have different strengths and weaknesses just because we evolved in different parts of the world, that’s all! Most races’s dreamed up some god to die for too, why not look at the science. And as the YOUR Fairy Tale Indians were being savages like all human races were at some time, they were killing, scalping, warring amongst each other just like ALL RACES HAVE!!!! As embarrassing as it is for any race we’ve all been a mess at one time and SORRY we all still are. If the Indians figured out guns and technology first then they would have enslaved or took the white/black/green man and his women, food and land! Maybe they would have sailed to Africa stole the Black man and sold him to other Indian tribes. Ya know a lot of black men sold black men, ya know why cause they’re men and they could,, greed.... It’s human!!!! GREED SURVIVAL,,, DON'T you get it its not a white thing, no you AFRICAN man would have done if you could!!! I don't care if you’re purple if your human your ancestors and YOU are a mess because of the things WE MEN had to do to survive. It’s called nature, evolution and nasty HUMAN tendencies to ANYTHING to survive in a harsh world... Lie, Cheat, Steel, war, rape, murder and all the nasty shat you can think of OR DIE,,, that’s the PAST. EVERY race has the ability to screw up other peoples,, and those who could did. It’s that simple! This helps me se what we are all one human race,,,, that’s it. GET THE HELL OVER IT... We don’t have to do that anymore so why she pooch about it… I’m so happy I don’t give a crap what color someone is,,, what horrible baggage you all have!

So here and now,,, for the smallest amount of time a few hundred years we’re supposedly getting civilized. OK so let’s learn, we don't need to kill, steel, enslave, rape or whatever to survive anymore.... i.e. get the hell over the past and move on.

yea +1,, Come on is this Stinky Shat still spilling all over this thread,, why? Why not get over it'? We're different colors and have different strengths and weaknesses just because we evolved in different parts of the world, that’s all! Most races’s dreamed up some god to die for too, why not look at the science. And as the YOUR Fairy Tale Indians were being savages like all human races were at some time, they were killing, scalping, warring amongst each other just like ALL RACES HAVE!!!! As embarrassing as it is for any race we’ve all been a mess at one time and SORRY we all still are. If the Indians figured out guns and technology first then they would have enslaved or took the white/black/green man and his women, food and land! Maybe they would have sailed to Africa stole the Black man and sold him to other Indian tribes. Ya know a lot of black men sold black men, ya know why cause they’re men and they could,, greed.... It’s human!!!! GREED SURVIVAL,,, DON'T you get it its not a white thing, no you AFRICAN man would have done if you could!!! I don't care if you’re purple if your human your ancestors and YOU are a mess because of the things WE MEN had to do to survive. It’s called nature, evolution and nasty HUMAN tendencies to ANYTHING to survive in a harsh world... Lie, Cheat, Steel, war, rape, murder and all the nasty shat you can think of OR DIE,,, that’s the PAST. EVERY race has the ability to screw up other peoples,, and those who could did. It’s that simple! This helps me se what we are all one human race,,,, that’s it. GET THE HELL OVER IT... We don’t have to do that anymore so why she pooch about it… I’m so happy I don’t give a crap what color someone is,,, what horrible baggage you all have!

So here and now,,, for the smallest amount of time a few hundred years we’re supposedly getting civilized. OK so let’s learn, we don't need to kill, steel, enslave, rape or whatever to survive anymore.... i.e. get the hell over the past and move on.

So, can I put you down as one who hasnt been made to feel guilty as a white man by Cowboyz1 incoherent racist diatribes?

It's not that blacks are stupid (hypothetically in this example) - it's that, taken as a whole, do they have lower intelligence than whites? Going with the whole "blacks = superior athletes" theory, look at the emipirical evidence people will use - the bulk of the NBA and NFL are black, in a proportion FAR above the % in society as a whole.

For intelligence, what measure would you use? Number of doctors and lawyers? what % of MENSA that minority makes up? Standardized test scores? There are PLENTY of reasons why black people as a whole would be under-represented in these measures (if they are, I don't know); there are also PLENTY of reasons that white people may be under-represented in the NBA and NFL aside from raw athletic ability.

Couple of years ago I read that the NBA had 23% white players due to the arrival of the overseas players. Not sure if this is true today. Also if the black race is so superior athletically then why is it that we don't dominate in basketball internationally.

Prior to this post, I was thinking you were pretty level headed, and wanted an honest discussion of race and culture. This post is a pure crock of manure. You think that white men were the only ones to wage war on the American Indian, or for that matter the African? If you do, then you sir are an uneducated idiot. The American Indians were constantly fighting each other for the same thing that the white man eventually fought them for, land and resources. Africans have been fighting each other since the beginning of time, and are still having civil wars to this day. I guess the white man is to blame for the strife?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't most slaves sold to the white man by africans who had taken prisoners in civil wars? The fact of the matter is all races and cultures have fought wars, both just and unjust, and all races and cultures have been enslaved at one time or another. Part of the problem with race relations today is African Americans feel that they are unique in this, when in fact it has happened to everyone at some point in the past.

I don't hold a grudge against the Romans for enslaving my ancestors. I live my life in the now not the past. If those that feel wronged would get rid of their victim mentality and live in the now, not only would they be better off emotionally and economically, they would do more to improve race relations than any thing the government can do.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Have you ever noticed that when a city is a majority black, then you ALWAYS have race problems, from blacks? Memphis the example I use the most. They have had a black mayor and city council for 25 years. The majority of the city is black. And yet, they are constantly causing race problems. So, more and more whites leave to get away from it, and it gets worse. Same story whenever blacks "take over" a city.

Cowboyz1, keep it up man, you're dragging all the racist headcases out of the woodwork. That last post was one of the best fishing jobs I've ever seen here. Great job! :bash::clap:

:tup:

20 years ago, I would have thought he was fishing. Today? :D

And :D at thinking that responding negatively to that convoluted piece of contrived nonsense makes anyone a racist. If anything, it shows some degree of education beyond public schools.

:bash:

20 years ago, I would have thought he was fishing. Today? :D

And :D at thinking that responding negatively to that convoluted piece of contrived nonsense makes anyone a racist. If anything, it shows some degree of education beyond public schools.

If you get beyond the initial knee jerk reaction, it's a neat piece of writing in it's way. It really IS ironic that the new masters of the land spend their time beavering away all week to do things at weekends that the original masters of the land did all the time.

I'm not taking sides here but I do like to amuse myself by considering the foolishness of homo sapiens as a species from time to time. This post was very amusing.

ETA - I don't think he was playing the victim, I think he was simply pointing out the irony.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

...Blah, blah blah...

What we now call or designate; National Forests, Game Reserves, Mountain Resorts, and Habitat restorations the Natives called Home, Ironic indeed.

This is what revisionist history in the schools brings us! :D

Take a peeky-poo at things like:

-American Indian, tribal warfare (don't skip the part about the fascinating torture techniques employed by these peaceful people... there is some “fun, lighthearted reading" for 'ya)!

-The origins of the sport of La Crosse. I especially like the part of beheading the losing team and taking their women and children into slavery.

-Scalping anyone???

If you get beyond the initial knee jerk reaction, it's a neat piece of writing in it's way. It really IS ironic that the new masters of the land spend their time beavering away all week to do things at weekends that the original masters of the land did all the time.

I'm not taking sides here but I do like to amuse myself by considering the foolishness of homo sapiens as a species from time to time. This post was very amusing.

ETA - I don't think he was playing the victim, I think he was simply pointing out the irony.

Move to one of the less populated Hawaii Islands and become a beach bum. All you need there is a part time job, tent, hat, sunglasses and a surf board.

Cowboyz1, keep it up man, you're dragging all the racist headcases out of the woodwork. That last post was one of the best fishing jobs I've ever seen here. Great job! :D:D

The funny thing is, I think he is fishing for squishy condescending "open minded" liberals like yourself who come running to the aid of any of the p.c. minority groups. He knows that the left wing crowd white guilt ridden limp wristers will come in and patronize him by saying, "thats right, you are a victim and whitey has always been evil. There there, now see how enlightened I am", as you condescendingly pat him on the head on the way out. Trust me, its alot easier to get the elitest left to bite on crap like this than the right. My way, I bang you over the head with your abject squishy stupidity and you must answer the call. Cowboyz1 uses the more subtle, yet agonizing common approach, but his works every time because you are so caught up in your own superiority for being sooo tolerant and understanding. He sure sucked you in big time... :bash:

-American Indian, tribal warfare (don't skip the part about the fascinating torture techniques employed by these peaceful people... there is some “fun, lighthearted reading" for 'ya)!

I particularly like the ones where they cut off a person's eyelids & then bury the person up to their neck in soil in the sun, or where they strap a man spread eagle across a fire ant hill, cut off his genitals, put his genitals into his mouth, and then sew his lips shut.

Now, I know this isn't quite torture up to the level of stacking men naked in a pyramid before letting them return to their cells or anything, but it must have been great fun for their captives nonetheless.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Uh, gentlemen. Political correctness precludes anyone from ever saying anything negative about blacks, indians, mexicans or any other protected minority group. Please refrain from saying anything that might offend these historically disenfranchised groups, even if its true. Because the hallmark of political correctness is to revise history if it in any way might offend or insult one of these groups. Thanks in advance for helping us restore the self esteem of these poor always innocent minorities...

Uh, gentlemen. Political correctness precludes anyone from ever saying anything negative about blacks, indians, mexicans or any other protected minority group. Please refrain from saying anything that might offend these historically disenfranchised groups, even if its true. Because the hallmark of political correctness is to revise history if it in any way might offend or insult one of these groups. Thanks in advance for helping us restore the self esteem of these poor always innocent minorities...

I don't believe in PC as would preclude me from calling Bush and Cheney what I do.

I don't believe in PC as would preclude me from calling Bush and Cheney what I do.

They are white males between 21 yrs & 85 yrs old.

You can call them anything you want without any fear of any reprisal from anyone. They are firmly entrenched in the primary repressor demographic.