[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weather in Tonights Cinn/BLT Game - Thunderstorms

MudSkipper

If you are like me and this is a CRITICAL game for playoff implications then you do have to factor the Weather (which calls for thunderstorms at gametime). I am souring on McNair a bit as a result. If you are a local and could provide some insight it would be much appriciated. I do feel it will neagtively impact the passing game, and could have been a high scoring arial show otherwise. To bad really.

Edited by MudSkipper

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like these days most teams are pretty adept at executing their gameplans regardless of foul weather. However, I have to imagine that driving rain will slow down the Cinci arial assualt at least to some extent and increase the liklihood of some turnovers in this game.

Weather in the midwest....

They've been saying that the heavy stuff isn't supposed to come down until afte game time on local weather reports. It will definately be wet. If its just light rain, I think there is no cause for concern. Personally, I'd wait until right before gametime to make any plays if I could.

I have Carson and Rudy, so this game is critical. Gotta stick with them despite the weather. Go Cincy! Keep rackin' up the points. It's not a great matchup against a tough Ravens D, but the Bengals need this game more, are playing at home, and have the skill position players to burn the Ravens D for some scores. Cincy homers keep us posted on the conditions. Thanks.

Another thing about the weather ... It's been a balmy week or so for November here, like in the mid-60s (it's 66 right now where I am, about 15 miles north of the stadium). What's happening is that a front is moving in, and we don't know exactly when it will hit. Rain looks likely, but temperatures will be dropping rapidly, there is a chance of everything from thunderstorms to even freezing rain and snow which should probably not hit until after game time (tomorrow's high is currently projected for 40, 26 degrees colder than it is right now).

It's gonna be really hard to tell what to expect until much closer to game time, but it could be anything from cloudy to rain, and if the front does hit in full force with the thunderstorms, it will probably bring a lot of gusting wind with it, too.

Except for the game in Week 9, when the Bengals spotted them 17 points and lost by 6, Carson Palmer has owned Baltimore's D. I can't imagine a game plan, even in driving rain, that is just gonna focus on the run. With our defense, we'd lose that battle.

Our o-line has been playing much better the past three weeks, but I dare say we haven't been tested by the likes of what the Ravens will be bringing tonight. It'll be interesting, and the weather is just another factor of many.

Bengals 28, Ravens 26, called in the fourth quarter due to lightning.

i'm 15 miles north of Cincy and we haven't had any rain since early this morning. It's very cloudy, but i don't smell rain in the air.

My bro will be at the game and is calling me an hour before kickoff to let me know how it looks there.

Edited by theeohiostate

My injury report says Jamal Lewis is questionable (CBS Sportsline).

I can't find anything in the Baltimore Sun - their game analysis was from yesterday.

Here ya go...

After a first half in which running back Jamal Lewis rushed for 61 yards on 13 carries and a touchdown, Lewis ran the ball just four times for 5 yards in the second frame.

Lewis said he had no complaints with the cut in playing time because of Thursday night's game against the Cincinnati Bengals.

"That was just us getting prepared for Thursday's game," Lewis said. "I didn't really have to do anything else. We were up by a great amount of points. We have a short week coming up, and that was really just looking ahead."

www.baltimoresun.com

Weather in the midwest....

They've been saying that the heavy stuff isn't supposed to come down until afte game time on local weather reports.

Well, as long as the weatherman isn't named Carl Spackler, I wouldn't worry about it. :D

If that front hangs out in KC all afternoon, that would be fine with me.

:D Try Driving a Mustang GT in snow :bash: I may be walking home. (10 miles) No way I'm missing this game tonight on my new TV and surround sound :D