[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why did Bryant Gumble lie

Brentastic

Heard Eisen on a radio interview yesterday.He said the game is put out in full glorious HD but whether or not your cable company offers that is another story.He definitely did mention channel 95 on DirectTV.As far as the broadcast goes I personally enjoy it.The pre-game is very good.The way it is presented at the game makes you feel like you are there.The piece on Billick IMO was awesome and I really do not like the guy.The HD was very good IMO.Gumble and Collingsworth may not be the best tandem but they are serviceable.Gumble just does not have the type of voice that fits in a play by play booth.Bottom line is I am getting an extra game on Thursday in HD,I could not be happier.

Coming out of commercial, Gumble claims this game is brought to us in glorious HD. I have HD and this game is NOT in HD. Get your facts straight Gumble!!

i have it in HD

HD here.

Same here...

wurd

I totally have it in HD ... and it looks awesome. :D

:D

I think there is a salesman somewhere who is going to be in serious trouble today...

Gumball and Collingsworth have no chemistry at all. Horrible broadcast of an NFL game.

Is there a broadcast team ANYWHERE that this board likes? I can understand the MNF guys grating at you, mostly because of Kornheiser's incessant references to his fantasy team and the need to bring in Nelly and Jimmy Kimmel for no apparent reason. But I honestly had no problem with Gumble and Collinsworth last night. They did a decent to good job keeping the conversation focused on the game, tossed in a few statistical tidbits that I found interesting (ie, Cincy breaking the franchise record for consecutive quarters of shutout football), and played well off one another.

What exactly is it that you guys want these broadcast teams to do/say?

Is there a broadcast team ANYWHERE that this board likes? I can understand the MNF guys grating at you, mostly because of Kornheiser's incessant references to his fantasy team and the need to bring in Nelly and Jimmy Kimmel for no apparent reason. But I honestly had no problem with Gumble and Collinsworth last night. They did a decent to good job keeping the conversation focused on the game, tossed in a few statistical tidbits that I found interesting (ie, Cincy breaking the franchise record for consecutive quarters of shutout football), and played well off one another.

I have to agree with you. According to FF fans ALL the NFL games are broadcast by the worst broadcasters evah...LOL. Who cares I usually don't even realize they are talking.

IMO, the radio broadcast teams are invariably better than their television counterparts. I was VERY happy to discover that the game was not on a 7 second delay on the Verizon fiber optics system, and we listened to the radio guys instead. Made the game much more enjoyable. More football info,, less "entertainment".

IMO, the radio broadcast teams are invariably better than their television counterparts. I was VERY happy to discover that the game was not on a 7 second delay on the Verizon fiber optics system, and we listened to the radio guys instead. Made the game much more enjoyable. More football info,, less "entertainment".

Maybe I'm too picky, but I prefer it when the play-by-play guy doesn't describe the down and distance as '4 and 3'. :D

I agree with the gist of this statement, you guys sometimes sound like a bunch of old ladies whining all the time about the broadcasters. The NFL network team has been horrible at times, but I thought they were much improved last night. Collinsworth is pretty good. Gumble's voice is still grating, but he can't very well change that.

Broadcast team...I thought Nessler/Vermiel/Jaws were awesome when they did MNF on that one occasion earlier this year. Also, of course, Al Michaels and John Madden are fun to listen to.

The only microphones that the main MNF team and Gumbel should be any where close to are the ones in Burger King.