[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need advice on offering a split

dmarc117

Pretty simple here. If I thought that I were going to lose, then I would try to split. If I thought I were going to win, I wouldn't split.

Good call. I think your team is better but that doesn't guarantee they will show up this weekend. Seeing as how there is a decent chunk of change involved, I would have done the same thing. I'd rather have a guaranteed $1800 than a 50/50 chance of winning only $800.

Think I would consider hedging myself. To me it's all about winning and not the money so I don't see anything wrong with guaranteed money.

:D

Splitting is lamer than wearing a sweater vest.

I wear sweater vests and I STILL wouldn't split. I have never even heard of splitting til this thread. Never been offered in any of our leagues. Competition is the main goal.

:D I wear my sweater vests w/T-shirt, golf shirts, nothing (nipple fresh!), wifebeaters, silk blouses and the occasional sports bra!

Good info here. If you need the$ to pay rent then by all means, split away.

:D Good advice?????? Dude, if someone is counting on winnings to pay bills, think about getting a job and NOT paying the entrance fee to fantasy football! Or live in your Mom's basement.....

hmm, a split...that's a great idea.

You should take your idea to the NFL...perhaps they can split the Lombardi trophy, too....no reason to have to play that meaningless game called the Super Bowl. :D

I think splitting is perhaps the silliest idea I have ever heard...."yeah, rather than play the biggest game of the FFL season, let's just split it down the middle since neither of us has faith in the team we spent 14 weeks building".

I think splitting is perhaps the silliest idea I have ever heard...."yeah, rather than play the biggest game of the FFL season, let's just split it down the middle since neither of us has faith in the team we spent 14 weeks building".

What if it was winner-take-all and the pot was $1,000,000? Would you take your chances or ask for a split?

hmm, a split...that's a great idea.

You should take your idea to the NFL...perhaps they can split the Lombardi trophy, too....no reason to have to play that meaningless game called the Super Bowl. :D

Can understand why so many are against a split of the money? Haven't you ever hedge a 3, 4 or 5 team parlay? Or gone opposite of the 2nd half of a teaser bet? To me it simply boils down to why you play FF. Is it for the money or the enjoyment of competing?

Can't understand why so many are against a split of the money?

As I said before, who really cares what a bunch of people on these boards think. I'm all about the competition. The win is the most important thing but I'm also smart enough to realize that it's a very real possibility that I don't win. I've played too long and seen too many wrinkles happen in the course of a week's games. So if I can guarantee myself "x" amount, I'm gonna do it - and already have with my super bowl opponent this year.

The haters seem to have their blinders on methinks.

Why not split? Beause some anonymous people on a message board call you a nancy? That's BS.

I split every time and already have a 50-50 split worked out with my super bowl opponent. It's a good chunk of change and I'd rather have 1/2 of the 1st/2nd place money than a maybe scenario.

I'm still gonna try to win 'cause I want the trophy, but I am more than pleased to have a guaranteed amount in the bag.

No way you split. Unless you think you don't have a prayer and in that case the other owner has to be a moran not to see it too and why would he split then?

In my work $$$ my opponent suggested a 50/50 split of the $2100 pot.

I told him to take a hike and suggested winner take all. He clearly did not want to do it but after some heckling from the rest of the league he finally agreed.

Nothing ventured - nothing gained. Why play the game for 16 weeks and then just lamely split the pot?

Let me guess . . .

you don't rip the tags off your matresses either?