[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

need advice on offering a split

dmarc117

would you offer a split to the guy you are playing in the superbowl? i think i have a better team, but the split in winning is rather large. 70%,20%,10% are the splits with about 4k in the pot.

my team....

rex or young

gore, LT

holt, walker, berrian or henry

watson or graham

vinny

minnestoa

his team....

vick or garcia

barber, betts

driver, housh, wayne

gonzalez

gould

chargers

Edit: And no I wouldn't split. Splitting is for Nancys.

Gotta agree - talkign about $2800 vs $800, so straight splitting would either net or cost you $1000 - it's a lot, don't get me wrong, but it's just not what you do

reggie wayne not getting 6 more pts (so call it one TD) cost me at least $700, and potentially $2800, last night, and someone said I should have talked to the guy before the game about some sort of weighted split....i coulnd't even imagine that honestly

If you are the decided underdog, try offering a split. If they say no, it'll be that much sweeter if you win, and if you lose, you won't be any worse off than if you never offered it at all. I doubt you will get an equal trade unless your teams are pretty even. You could try a 55/35 and see what they say.

If you are the decided underdog, try offering a split. If they say no, it'll be that much sweeter if you win, and if you lose, you won't be any worse off than if you never offered it at all. I doubt you will get an equal trade unless your teams are pretty even. You could try a 55/35 and see what they say.

Whats that 10% commission for you? :D:bash:

I am 50-50 for splitting. I did one year and didn't the other. Both worked out fine. :D

Edited by Boilerduff

Whats that 10% commission for you? :D:bash:

I am 50-50 for splitting. I did one year and didn't the other. Both worked out fine. :D

10% was for third. I was talking about splitting the remaining 90%. If you could finagle an even split, that'd be even better.

Have you talked to your opponent?

In small leagues I don't care for splitting but in bigger money leagues I really don't see a problem. I have never asked for a split but anytime someone asked me I have never said no.

It actually seemed to work out to my advantage a little more than half the time.

Also consider a chop with a portion of the chop going to the actual winner. :D

i couldn't imagine not splitting. i'm in the finals this year and feel i have a good shot.. but we're splitting 2/3rds to the winner and 1/3rd to the loser. seems fair to me and there's still a good amount of cash on the line. its a 12 team league and there's no third place money.

Why not split? Beause some anonymous people on a message board call you a nancy? That's BS.

I split every time and already have a 50-50 split worked out with my super bowl opponent. It's a good chunk of change and I'd rather have 1/2 of the 1st/2nd place money than a maybe scenario.

I'm still gonna try to win 'cause I want the trophy, but I am more than pleased to have a guaranteed amount in the bag.

Why not split? Beause some anonymous people on a message board call you a nancy? That's BS.

I split every time and already have a 50-50 split worked out with my super bowl opponent. It's a good chunk of change and I'd rather have 1/2 of the 1st/2nd place money than a maybe scenario.

I'm still gonna try to win 'cause I want the trophy, but I am more than pleased to have a guaranteed amount in the bag.

nancy

would you offer a split to the guy you are playing in the superbowl? i think i have a better team, but the split in winning is rather large. 70%,20%,10% are the splits with about 4k in the pot.

my team....

rex or young

gore, LT

watson or graham

vinny

minnestoa

his team....

vick or garcia

barber, betts

driver, housh, wayne

gonzalez

gould

chargers

My advice is to retrace your steps and see if you come across your balls. Obviously, you lost them somewhere along the way. Seriously, you have perhaps the most dominant fantasy RB in history and you're looking to make a deal??? It's your $, so do what you want. I think you're crazy if you dont go for it all, though.

I say go big or go home!

my team....

rex or young

gore, LT

watson or graham

vinny

minnestoa

his team....

vick or garcia

barber, betts

driver, housh, wayne

gonzalez

gould

chargers

I offered a split today and my opponent accepted. I'm happy with it....

I offered a split today and my opponent accepted. I'm happy with it....

Good call. I think your team is better but that doesn't guarantee they will show up this weekend. Seeing as how there is a decent chunk of change involved, I would have done the same thing. I'd rather have a guaranteed $1800 than a 50/50 chance of winning only $800.

Why not just take a "split" from week one, everyone take back their entry fees, and just play in a free league. Splitting kind of defeats the purpose of playing FF, in my opinion. Unless the difference financially between 1st and 2nd place is so significant that you can't afford not to split, I don't really see the point.

Nancy......... :D