[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells retires

Popeye

Why the "JJ hate from the Cowboy fans" ... I don't like him because, while he may be a great businessman, he is NOT a good football man. He likes to think he knows football but he sucks as a GM and when he decides to get involved in coaching decisions things get even worse.

The only success he has ever had here in Dallas was on the shoulders of Jimmy Johnson. So his decision to get rid of Landry and hire Johnson was a very good one, albeit executed very poorly. But then he screwed that up when he drove Jimmy away. I am fully convinced that the Boys would have won at least 4 in a row with Johnson at the helm; i.e. the Boys would not have collapsed after the half in the NFC championship game to Steve Young and the Niners and would have gone on to win their 3rd in a row and would have won their 4th in a row the next year (the one they won under Switzer).

Norv Turner? You've got to be kidding? As the HC here ... that would be awful. Turner is a good OC when he has great offensive talent and he does not have to be creative. But with a sub-par line Turner can't run an offense ... load left doesn't work if you don't have an all pro bowl line.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man oh Man, this is a sad day. Parcells was magic when it comes to talent evaluation. I was hoping for one more year and another Parcells draft. If Romo holds that snap and we win, Bill stays. He just has no mechanism to cope with failure, he said so himself. That's his fatal flaw. Romo dropping that ball just broke him in half mentally because he just turns everything over and over in his head, trying to figure out what he could have done differently to win. When he realized that there was nothing he could do and faced another season with TO and rookie mistakes, he realized enoughs enough. I just wish he would have stayed another year to finish the job which he rarely does because of the mental makeup. He wants so much for his players to be successful and win big games, it must have broke his heart to see Romo fall off a cliff and the team with him.

I have no idea who will be next but they inherit a very talented ball club that just needs a few more parts and a fresh dose of fire to get over the hump.

Thanks Bill for all the drafted talent and bringing some respect back to Big D. Have a good life..........QUITTER! :D:D:bash:

Am I the only Eagles fan worried about this? I mean Parcells was obviously on the down-side of his career and now the Cowboys can go after Cowher (even if it is next year). I would hate to see Cowher in Dallas.

I don't know... that kind of speculation hardly ever comes to fruition. I really don't see it happening. Its not like they are going to hire someone right now, with no expectation for winning, just so they can maybe possibly get Cower someday if he decides to return to coaching.

Am I the only Eagles fan worried about this? I mean Parcells was obviously on the down-side of his career and now the Cowboys can go after Cowher (even if it is next year). I would hate to see Cowher in Dallas.

Cowher's fire and special seasoning to our 3 4 D would be a perfect fit. You have good reason to fear Cowher in Dallas. I think JJ will pull out all the stops to get him. Watching Cowher prowl the sidelines in Dallas would be a dream come true.

He seemed miserable coaching here. From the start. I didn't care for his drafting much. He's burnt out or the games has passed him by, either way in his current form it would be difficult to call him an asset. I guess that makes him a liability.

I figured he was coming back so I'm not sure yet who I like. I think Stoops did a hell of a job at Oklahoma this year but before this past season I wasn't uber impressed. I don't know enough about Rivera. Norv does nothing for me. My personal choice would be Fisher but I thought I heard he recently re-upped.

I'll give the Tuna some credit for making this decision before February 1.

Good luck to him. I didn't care for his style. I was let down by his results and if he's leaving because he wanted more money or more years, then I'm pleased with the fact he's the former head coach.

While I hardly want to get into this intense Cowboys / NFC East conversation, I just wanted to throw something into the mix. About 3/4 of the way through the season, a reporter here in Tampa put out an article that reported that Gruden was putting out "feelers" to NFL teams about their head coaching job. The team that was mentioned by name was the Dallas Cowboys. Gruden of course denied all this and was pissed at the reporter and newspaper for publishing it. I cannot find a complete link of the story without having to pay for it but I did find a small part.

Gruden Sending Out Feelers

Published on November 19, 2006, Article 15 of 16 found.

ikaufman@tampatrib.com

IRVING, Texas - Get used to this dateline, Buc fans.

It could be Jon Gruden's mailing address next season.

While it's unlikely the Glazers will dismiss Gruden this winter, there's a growing likelihood Tampa Bay's fifth-year coach will seek employment elsewhere.

The Tribune has learned Gruden already is sending out feelers regarding potential job opportunities for 2007. One major stumbling block is his (Tampa Tribune, The (FL), 1100 words.)

So hey, just putting this out there. JJ loves the high profile coach.... :D

a reporter here in Tampa put out an article that reported that Gruden was putting out "feelers" to NFL teams about their head coaching job. The team that was mentioned by name was the Dallas Cowboys. Gruden of course denied all this and was pissed at the reporter and newspaper for publishing it.

Translation: "Boy, I really f'ed the pooch here in Tampa, time to get outta Dodge...."

Certainly that's the guy I'd like running MY football team. :D

Translation: "Boy, I really f'ed the pooch here in Tampa, time to get outta Dodge...."

Certainly that's the guy I'd like running MY football team. :D

He's done what we paid him for. I wouldn't trade that Lombardi trophy for anything. However, if the boys want to give us some compensation for ole Gru, by all means... :D

Jones got lucky with Jimmie, the rest is bad history and I also think he is a younger version of Al Davis. Cowboy fans only hope is he might accidently get frigging lucky again and I don't think that is gonna happen.

How did he get lucky with Jimmy?

How's he a younger version of Al Davis? Coach Joe certainly couldn't disagree more but he only left Jerry to go work for Al. He was gutsy enought to fire coach Landry (I'll never forgive him for how it was done but I wouldn't have had the guts to do it at all) and he was smart enough to bring in Jimmy and Lacewell.

Jerry Jones is a business man but simply owning the Cowboys is good business. It is better when they win. He knows that. From everything I've heard from the man's own mouth on TV and the radio seems to me if he had a chance to do it all over again, thinkgs with Jimmy would have gone differently. The other owners certainly respect him enought to have him on the the rules committe.

And I believe he places winning and the legacy of the Dallas Cowboys above anything else, in every decision he makes. He owns the team and I can respect a man who makes a decision he believes in, no matter how it turns out. And when my owner makes a decision, right or wrong, I believe the decision is based on how it will affect the play of the Dallas Cowboys and I don't believe the man makes a football decision based on anything other than cap reasons and winning Super Bowls. I don't think he owns the Dallas Cowboys for the money.

I won't argue with anyone who doesn't care for his GM abilities. I'm not sure how much of that he really does anyways with Steven around. He's a flawed general manager, maybe. He places winning above anytghing else and he is certainly willing to take chances and spend money if he thinks it will help.

I'm not sure what's not to like about the owner of my favorite football team.

He's done what we paid him for. I wouldn't trade that Lombardi trophy for anything. However, if the boys want to give us some compensation for ole Gru, by all means... :D

Generally, I think when an organization hires a coach, it expects a CONTINUED level of success.

Gruden appears to be taking the Nick Saban approach of wham, bam, then he steals cab fare from your wallet and sneaks out the back door.

Generally, I think when an organization hires a coach, it expects a CONTINUED level of success.

Gruden appears to be taking the Nick Saban approach of wham, bam, then he steals cab fare from your wallet and sneaks out the back door.

Gruden does nothing for me.

I wouldn't want him as the next head soach as well.

Well in theory...... Or he was hired to do what Dungy could not.

Well, all things being equal (which they clearly aren't), would you rather have the Colts next 4 seasons or the Bucs?

Gruden may have done what Dungy couldn't, but it doesn't look like he is able to do what Dungy CAN do.