[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells retires

Popeye

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too good to be true...a HOF leaves the NFC East, leaving the Boy's without a leader tgoing forward

Let's see:

--Dallas now starting over with new coach, new philosophy, etc...can you spell "basement"?

--Giants almost in the same boat, but gave TC one more year...which is even better.

--I see Gibbs on the way out sooner than later with the Skins continuing to underperform.

For a "window that is closing" on the Eagles, it sure looks like the rest of the East might have the shades pulled down for the next several years.

In the end, you and the rest of the Eagles will be sitting on the couch :bash: and watching the Superbowl

Oh, and pass the damm popcorn over here. :D

Parcells leaving is a good thing. The last couple of years you could see he had lost his touch. I just find it interesting that he waited until everyone else had picked their HCs, and let the DC leave because he couldn't adapt to the 3-4.

Just feels like a little hey, JJ kiss my :D

Parcells = Colts defensive coordinator next year?

:D

:bash:

As a native Texan and longtime Cowboys fan, I always knew Parcells would bolt if things didn't go his way and quick. From the beginning the cards were stacked against him with management, questionable personel decisions from prior years, and a team that wants to continue to evolve (new stadium, TO, etc) and a coach that likes things to stay the old-fashioned way (good D, discipline, solid execution).

I love Parcells' gruff demeanor and focus on D but it never felt like a great fit for this franchise.

Nice try, Bill. :D My guess is he latches on somewhere as a coordinator. I think he's probably got two years of coaching left in him but not as a HC.

Parcells = Colts defensive coordinator next year?

:D

:bash:

As a native Texan and longtime Cowboys fan, I always knew Parcells would bolt if things didn't go his way and quick. From the beginning the cards were stacked against him with management, questionable personel decisions from prior years, and a team that wants to continue to evolve (new stadium, TO, etc) and a coach that likes things to stay the old-fashioned way (good D, discipline, solid execution).

I love Parcells' gruff demeanor and focus on D but it never felt like a great fit for this franchise.

Nice try, Bill. :D My guess is he latches on somewhere as a coordinator. I think he's probably got two years of coaching left in him but not as a HC.

No way in hell that someone as accomplished as Parcells would step down to a coordinator position. At least, I would be absolutely shocked if he did.

My guess is he latches on somewhere as a coordinator.

Now that's just silly. No head coach would hire Bill Parcells as a coordinator, and Bill Parcells wouldn't take a job as a coordinator.

I could see him taking a GM job somewhere.

i could maybe see stoopes taking that job. carroll? i doubt it very highly.

If I were Pete Carroll I would never return to the NFL. Might as well continue to become one of the greatest college coaches in recent history instead of risking your rep on another failed stint in the pros. Of course those hefty NFL contracts are mighty tempting. :D

Now that's just silly. No head coach would hire Bill Parcells as a coordinator, and Bill Parcells wouldn't take a job as a coordinator.

Fine, fine. I just think the guy loves the game too much. He has obviously not gotten it out of his system before and would probably accept/try a different role.

I like the GM thought. :D

Fine, fine. I just think the guy loves the game too much. He has obviously not gotten it out of his system before and would probably accept/try a different role.

I like the GM thought. :D

I think the Redskins should hire him as their GM. Giants and Cowboys fans would love it.

January 22, 2007, 16:43

NY Giants

Parcells Officially Named General Manager's GM

Jay Glazer, FOXSports.com -

According to Jay Glazer at FoxSports.com, the New York Giants have officially named former Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells as their General Manager's GM. Fearing they jumped the gun with loyal, longtime yes-man Tim Lewis, the Mara family is bringing in Parcells to "school" the young buck on what it means to be a "winning Giant". The deal is believed to be worth approximately $10 million over four seasons, with the Giants to officially name Parcells as their GM's GM on Wednesday.

January 22, 2007, 16:43

NY Giants

Parcells Officially Named General Manager's GM

Jay Glazer, FOXSports.com -

According to Jay Glazer at FoxSports.com, the New York Giants have officially named former Dallas Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells as their General Manager's GM. Fearing they jumped the gun with loyal, longtime yes-man Tim Lewis, the Mara family is bringing in Parcells to "school" the young buck on what it means to be a "winning Giant". The deal is believed to be worth approximately $10 million over four seasons, with the Giants to officially name Parcells as their GM's GM on Wednesday.

If this is true did the Giants tamper ?