[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Parcells retires

Popeye

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too good to be true...a HOF leaves the NFC East, leaving the Boy's without a leader tgoing forward

Let's see:

--Dallas now starting over with new coach, new philosophy, etc...can you spell "basement"?

--Giants almost in the same boat, but gave TC one more year...which is even better.

--I see Gibbs on the way out sooner than later with the Skins continuing to underperform.

For a "window that is closing" on the Eagles, it sure looks like the rest of the East might have the shades pulled down for the next several years.

Parcells brought back a much needed power shift away from Jerry Jones acting like he was playing with his personal box of G.I. Joes and back to a HC that made decisions. The club is better now than when he showed up to be sure. Now we get to see if JJ will continue to get a coach that makes decisions or if they are back to Gailey/Campo days....

Don't forget Switzer!!

Too good to be true...a HOF leaves the NFC East, leaving the Boy's without a leader tgoing forward

Let's see:

--Dallas now starting over with new coach, new philosophy, etc...can you spell "basement"?

--Giants almost in the same boat, but gave TC one more year...which is even better.

--I see Gibbs on the way out sooner than later with the Skins continuing to underperform.

For a "window that is closing" on the Eagles, it sure looks like the rest of the East might have the shades pulled down for the next several years.

Zero Lombardi Trouphies.

He won two Super Bowls with the Giants, helped restore the Pats and Jets(for awhile)-went to the Cowboys, was a 500 coach, who never won a division, never had a home play-off game, and was eliminated twice in the first round of the play-offs? I don't get the depression-forge onward, and hope not to get a JJ pawn coach.

Ill always respect Bill and the fact that he brought that quincy carter team to the playoffs spoke volumes about him as a coach but he was burnt out..Even his old players were calling him and saying how he didnt have that fire anymore and wasnt getting in his players faces anymore..I dont know much about Rivera but maybe a D minded young coach is what we need here..I doubt Cowher comes now maybe if Parcells lasted one more year he would have but I dont see him entering what is sure to be a circus when the guy is looking for a little family time and R and R

It will be one of these four:

Bob Stoops - JJ knows Stoops and has some ties to Oklahoma (Yes I know he went to Arkansas). As a Texas fan, I'd love to see this happen.

Dan Reeves - If he was 10 years younger, he would be perfect, now he would only be a stop gap.

Norm Chow - Zimmer is a good DC, the Boys really need someone that is offensive minded. This would probably be the best choice for the team in the long run.

Chan Galey - Jerry has stated that he was too quick to fire Galey, and did not give him the chance he deserved (his words not mine). Of the four, this is the worst, and sadly probably the most likely.

Let's see:

If you are content with a coach that is aces in the regular season then apples up in the playoffs I guess the Eagles are in good shape..Reid routinely gets his ass handed to him in the playoffs..He may win one or maybe 2 playoff games but his choke is never to far away. Dallas may get an upstart coach who could bring some fire back to the organization..I also dont get the JJ hate from the boys fans..Sure he is an egomaniac but no way Dallas gets those superbowls in the 90s without him as the owner..

Ill always respect Bill and the fact that he brought that quincy carter team to the playoffs spoke volumes about him as a coach but he was burnt out..Even his old players were calling him and saying how he didnt have that fire anymore and wasnt getting in his players faces anymore..I dont know much about Rivera but maybe a D minded young coach is what we need here..I doubt Cowher comes now maybe if Parcells lasted one more year he would have but I dont see him entering what is sure to be a circus when the guy is looking for a little family time and R and R

Does not Rivera like to run the 4-3? Ya think Big D would scrap the 3-4 project after one season.

If you are content with a coach that is aces in the regular season then apples up in the playoffs I guess the Eagles are in good shape..Reid routinely gets his ass handed to him in the playoffs..He may win one or maybe 2 playoff games but his choke is never to far away. Dallas may get an upstart coach who could bring some fire back to the organization..I also dont get the JJ hate from the boys fans..Sure he is an egomaniac but no way Dallas gets those superbowls in the 90s without him as the owner..

Now, I'm not going to completely disagree as Reid's clock management skills are about as good as Mike Vick's decision making on the way to the airport, but I'll take : 6 years, 5 playoff appearances, 4 Conf Champ, 1 SB for now...in 2 or 3 more, if we haven't won one, ask me again, cause I may be leading the www.fireandynow.com brigade

It will be one of these four:

Bob Stoops - JJ knows Stoops and has some ties to Oklahoma (Yes I know he went to Arkansas). As a Texas fan, I'd love to see this happen.

Dan Reeves - If he was 10 years younger, he would be perfect, now he would only be a stop gap.

Norm Chow - Zimmer is a good DC, the Boys really need someone that is offensive minded. This would probably be the best choice for the team in the long run.

Chan Galey - Jerry has stated that he was too quick to fire Galey, and did not give him the chance he deserved (his words not mine). Of the four, this is the worst, and sadly probably the most likely.

Zimmer is already gone to ATL to be the DC there...

Zimmer is already gone to ATL to be the DC there...

Crap, go on vacation for ten days, and then play catch up at work for a week and I've missed way too much. I just heard we that there will be two black coaches in the Superbowl.

Bill Parcells was great for the Cowboys, but he clearly couldnt motivate the team, especially the defense to play better, when the division and Bye was on the line. Parcells was clearly losing this team, and TO was not going anywhere next season, nor was Bill getting an extension. So Bill decided to call it quits.

The top 3 choices are

Pete Carroll. Carroll is a great defensive coach, and could bring in a staff intact, which is key this time of year, as most of the top candidates have already filled up other positions. Carroll is a big name, who has won big recently, and brings a reputation as a great in game manager.

Ron Rivera. Rivera is the last big name Coordinator, who happens to coach one of the best D in the league over the last 2 yrs. he brings an attacking style, with a secondary scheme that doesnt get beat deep often. If you watched the Boys, they lost at least 4 games late on big plays. Rivera could also be a 1 yr stop gap to Cowher if he fails.

Norv turner - Belicheck failed in Cleveland, and only now looks like a genius because he has a solid QB. Norv could make Romo the next Brady, and Norv already has weapons in place on offense to work with, as opposed to previous stops in Oakland and Washington, where he lost because of sh*tty talent. Norv is also smart enough to give the Asst Head Coach title to the DC, and be hands off and let him run the defense.

Of the 3, I hope Carroll gets the job. he brings what the Boys need most, enthusiasm, and a defensive pedigree. he like Bill B disguises their D in such a way, it wouldnt matter if they originally lined up in a 3-4 or 4-3, and the Boys wouldnt have to scrap the front 7, and start over with him.