[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

keggerz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lousy episode.

First of all, the casting of Jack's family is ridiculous. I can somewhat give them a pass on his brother, because he's been making appearances for 2 years and I'm sure it was only decided they were related like 10 minutes before this season started, but those two look like they're not part of the same species, much less related.

But James Cromwell as their father? Jack's like 5'8", Graham's maybe 5'6".. and Cromwell's 6'4". (guessing). How does that happen, exactly?

Also, the whole 'Walid getting his azz kicked' was ridiculous.

- You really believe he was able to pickpocket the guy's phone like that?

- The guy really didn't notice the phone was gone right away??

- Despite armed guards everywhere and the secret service guy's order, guards were nowhere to be found when the beatdown occurred?

- And now they're not terrorists? Was this plotline a total waste?

However, I did notice a new addition to this show's wonderful "Hey! It's THAT guy!" collection:

- The blonde secret service agent.. was the guy who may or may not like 'dem apples' from Good Will Hunting!

Reading a recap of last week's episode, I saw a user poll on the side:

How confident are you that Josh (Graham's son) is Jack's biological son?

- 100%

- 1000%

:D

Edited by Dr. Rock

Lousy episode.

First of all, the casting of Jack's family is ridiculous. I can somewhat give them a pass on his brother, because he's been making appearances for 2 years and I'm sure it was only decided they were related like 10 minutes before this season started, but those two look like they're not part of the same species, much less related.

But James Cromwell as their father? Jack's like 5'8", Graham's maybe 5'6".. and Cromwell's 6'4". (guessing). How does that happen, exactly?

- Despite armed guards everywhere and the secret service guy's order, guards were nowhere to be found when the beatdown occurred?

However, I did notice a new addition to this show's wonderful "Hey! It's THAT guy!" collection:

- The blonde secret service agent.. was the guy who may or may not like 'dem apples' from Good Will Hunting!

- 100%

- 1000%

the last two weeks have kinda sucked. usually it seems they start treading water around mid-day, but this season it seems they shot their wad with the nuke. the main terrorist had about six seconds of screen time in this episode. instead we have the dead-end detention camp plotline and the national security adviser tendering her resignation while the president goes, "no way, that sucks." i'm waiting for the middle-eastern CTU chick (who's pretty hot) to really be a terrorist and the dooosh chief of staff to be the heroic good guy.

Lousy episode.

- 100%

- 1000%

:bash:

:D Great summary........it was horrible in 24 terms.....too much politics and civil rights......I want more Jack :D & mushroom clouds........... :clap:

Lousy episode.

- 100%

- 1000%

The Secret service agent also played Cyril in Oz.

The son has to be Jack's. They've already implied that there was some relationship between Jack and Graham's wife. It is a typical 24-style plot twist. This show has really gotten out of hand (and yet I still watch)!!

I am getting a little worried as I am a first time fan this year.

Don't worry Skip, these episodes are a necessity to the 24 hour plot.

Its slow epsodes like these in the beggining of the season that get the plot going a little deeper, which allows Jack to be a bad ass later.

There's afew things we have to look forward to:

1. Jack is going to eff up his brother, in front of his "son" and old shag-mate, who happens to be his brother's wife. Not to mention he brings a strike team with him.

2. Another bomb will probably go off.

3. In a typical 24 fashion, the bombs will not be the main threat in 10 hours or so, it will turn into a bigger threat.

4. The CTU girl with muslim background is currently the victim... Leave it to 24-writers to turn it around and make her a threat later in the season. :D

Don't give up just yet, they need 1-2 slow ones in the beggining to get the plot moving. Usually means some Jack action is right around the corner.

Lousy episode.

Those were the EXACT thoughts I had while watching.

Those are the kind of moments when the producers and writers can't really make the situation realistic, so they simply "fix" it. Walid has to pickpocket a cell phone? No problem, just have him do it.

I call these "television solutions." :D

That episode sucked. I hope it gets better, cause I'm a first time viewer also.

Don't worry Skip, these episodes are a necessity to the 24 hour plot.

Its slow epsodes like these in the beggining of the season that get the plot going a little deeper, which allows Jack to be a bad ass later.

There's afew things we have to look forward to:

1. Jack is going to eff up his brother, in front of his "son" and old shag-mate, who happens to be his brother's wife. Not to mention he brings a strike team with him.

2. Another bomb will probably go off.

3. In a typical 24 fashion, the bombs will not be the main threat in 10 hours or so, it will turn into a bigger threat.

4. The CTU girl with muslim background is currently the victim... Leave it to 24-writers to turn it around and make her a threat later in the season. :D

Don't give up just yet, they need 1-2 slow ones in the beggining to get the plot moving. Usually means some Jack action is right around the corner.

Exactly!

Lousy episode.

- 100%

- 1000%

:bash:

:D Awesome call on THAT GUY from Good Will Hunting, was killing me, I could not come up with it- good stuff.

Since the 4 hour start to the season - :D brutally slow, and weak. The whole Walid grabbing the cell phone was lame, as is that whole plot line- the cute little story lines are starting to bug me- it all wraps together so nicely, the strangely cadevar-esque giraffe looking James Cromwll is Bauer's old man? and the bizarro Ron Howard is his bro?? uh, ok, then throw in Buchanan and the Homeland Secuirty broad now married, this show is getting too incestous for me- I don't care about tying up these cute story lines- let's get back to some action, decent stroy lines, some real drama (like when Jack had to put a cap in the back of the Priest from the Sopranos head for national security- now that was good tv) and less BS. It seems like each season is getting less believable, and more corny.

Chad Lowe evidently got out of rehab, signed the divorce papers, and then went straight to the Fox lot for an audition.

Well remember, I think it depends on what you watch this show for.

Season 1 was really good TV. Unique 'real time' format, great story of Jack trying to stop an assassination while simultaneously trying to save his daughter and then being blackmailed into being the triggerman. Really enjoyable stuff. You know, back when Jack was almost a real peson.

I didn't really watch much of seasons 2 or 3, but I really got back into it for 4 and 5 and now 6. And I watch the show now for entirely different reasons... mainly because it's SO stupid and SO ridiculous that it's awesome. On one hand, it's sad because I almost watch the show as much to laugh at it as I do because it's good, but on the other hand that means they can do as much stupid sh*t as they want and it won't faze me.

As I said to my friends before this season started, "this season could have Jack teaming up with Shaquille O'Neal, Jeremy Piven, and Lindsay Lohan to fight for control of the moon against Darth Vader, Kim Jong Il and France, and it wouldn't throw me off one bit."

As far as the actors for Jack's brother and father go I think they were stuck.

Jack's brother (Graham) was on last year so when they decided to make him Jack's brother the actor was already in place.

For Jack's father they wanted Donald Sutherland but Commander and Chief was still filming so he couldn't do it. That is when they went out and got James Cromwell.

P.S. for those going back to watch old seasons as a die-hard 24 fan I would rank them: 2, 1, 4, 5, 3. 6 is still to early to rank.

You know what, I call CACA DE VACA. First of all, every season someone in CTU is a mole. After 5 seasons now you'd think they could figure out how to avoid having an agent give up crap or allow the facility to be breached. The Muslim chick is a victim but there is NO WAY, I mean NO WAY she can be a terrorist in this season. If she is, that will end my 24 experience because CTU will become as stupid an organization there is. The fact, that Jack doesn't know his brother was behind last seasons entire drama is crap also. Phone records and his where abouts all last season just ingnored, I find that a stretch for CTU not to have any info on him until now. He was on the phone with the terrorists almost every day and yet there is no connection made what so ever.

The detention scene was a waste of film.

Who is the new detonator programmer? Cloe's boyfriend? It's someone we know alright, but who? It's someone they have to force to do it, so I assume it is an ex or current CTU programmer, which of course they don't think to work up a profile of who is capable of programming the thing and get surpised again.

I don't know but the writers are starting to show signs of writers block!

Edited by Cowboyz1

You know what, I call CACA DE VACA. First of all, every season someone in CTU is a mole. After 5 seasons now you'd think they could figure out how to avoid having an agent give up crap or allow the facility to be breached. The Muslim chick is a victim but there is NO WAY, I mean NO WAY she can be a terrorist in this season. If she is, that will end my 24 experience because CTU will become as stupid an organization there is. The fact, that Jack doesn't know his brother was behind last seasons entire drama is crap also. Phone records and his where abouts all last season just ingnored, I find that a stretch for CTU not to have any info on him until now. He was on the phone with the terrorists almost every day and yet there is no connection made what so ever.

The detention scene was a waste of film.

Who is the new detonator programmer? Cloe's boyfriend? It's someone we know alright, but who? It's someone they have to force to do it, so I assume it is an ex or current CTU programmer, which of course they don't think to work up a profile of who is capable of programming the thing and get surpised again.

I don't know but the writers are starting to show signs of writers block!

CTU made to look like fools again. Cloe's boyfriend the only guy that fits the bill to reprogram the dets. Predictable and totally weak................