[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CaptainHook

Randall

OH MY GOD!

What a weekend!

Just got back in Indy around 6:30 this morning, and have been sleeping. Yes, I went to the Super Bowl.

I will post about it later. I'm going to spend the next few mins reading the posts and catching up!

OH MY GOD!

What a weekend!

Just got back in Indy around 6:30 this morning, and have been sleeping. Yes, I went to the Super Bowl.

I will post about it later. I'm going to spend the next few mins reading the posts and catching up!

Congrats man! I couldn't be happier for a fellow hudder!

We arrived in Miami on Saturday afternoon. South Beach was slammed. People everywhere. They had Ocean Drive blocked off from fifth street to seventeenth. I stayed at Ocean Five Hotel which was between fourth and fifth on Ocean Drive.

Walked around for a while, it was the only day that we saw some sun, and temps were around 80. Went to the Clevelander (my sis has a buddy that's a local with connections, so we got in without having to pay the $50 cover). Saw a "bikini" contest (and I am using the term "bikini" loosely, because I'm not sure you can call what they were wearing "bikinis").

They closed the Clevelander at 7 pm for a private party, so we had to go. Ended up going to a place called Glass. Nice club, very crowded. Saw Antrel Rolle. We just missed seeing Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, supposedly. Once inside, we talked to Aaron Taylor. Had a good time, got home very early Sunday.

It was apparent immediately that Colts fans were badly outnumbered, probably 5:1.

Thank goodness we found someone in Indy selling tickest before we went down. Paid $1800 each for two tickets in the upper level corner. Once we got to the stadium, there were scalpers, but the lowest price I heard was $2000. Most wanted $2500 or more. By around 4 pm, most of the scalpers were gone and there were hundreds of people standing around looking for tickets, holding up signs or their fingers. The crowd was at least 75% Bears fans. We weren't able to get the other two tix we needed.

Once inside security, there was a lot to do. Posed with the Lombardi Trophy (it was in a glass case), there were all kind of activities (kicking FG's, 40 yard dashes, a Kids Zone). Hung around the CBS stage for a while. Beer cost $10.

Got to my seats early, and saw the Cirque de Soleil pre game show, kind of abstract, but some of the acrobats were awesome! Then the game started. Took a pic of the opening kick, lowered my camera, saw Hester break through the middle, and immediately knew he was gone. What a crappy way to start! I turned to my buddy and said, "that's how the National Championship started". I wasn't too worried, especially when Manning threw the TD to Wayne (that was right in front of where I was). From that point on I felt like Manning had a good feel for what the Bears were trying to do. Defense played awesome. Grossman is horrible. It was a wild first quarter! It was raining like crazy. I had a pancho on, but by the end of the game I was SOAKED. So were my $20 programs, my cardboard disposable camera, everything. What a game though. The highlight was definitely Hayden's interception return. Although I was worrying about the Colts continually having to settle for FG's, that's really been their m.o. this post-season. 3 points are better than a turnover, especially the way the Bears offense was playing. The Bears D was content to double the outside WR's, and use their LB's to cover the TE's. But they paid no attention the RB's out of the backfield, and didn't seem to make an adjustment to account for them.

What a great feeling watching Manning hold up the Lombardi Trophy! I thought the real MVP was the Colts offensive line, who dominated the game from start to finish, but I knew it would take a superhuman effort to pry it from Manning. Just glad to know that Manning doesn't have to worry about the "not able to win the big game" crap anymore. He's a great QB who works incredibly hard, and absolutely deserved this.

What a feeling to watch! It's the first championship for a team I actively root for, and was a ton of fun to watch (even though I gave up any thoughts of them winning the SB this year).

Bears fans were great all weekend too. Just had fun together in the Miami enjoying the moment. I'll probably post more stuff later, but I am just drained. The drive back was 18 hours (including stopping to eat dinner for about and hour). I'm tired, but happy.

For a face value $600 ticket you got one seat cushion, a keychain flashlight, and a Burger King video game!

When I went two years ago (Jacksonville) they gave us the seat cushion, a keychain flashlight (for the halftime show) and a radio that you could listen to both the Home and Away broadcast.