[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

d3's weekend update

darin3

Since Thursday night is generally a weekend night 'round these parts, I'll lump my Thursday night activities into this post.

Thursday night "kicked off" by a game of kickball in bitterly-cold temperatures. It was easily in the 20's. :tup: But a few Lonestars down the hatch warmed the body up. For those of you that haven't played kickball since 6th grade, I highly recommend getting involved, especially if you're new to a city or looking to make some new friends. My fiance' and I had been in town (Austin, TX) for nearly 4 months and had really only made a couple of friends. But now we have a whole bunch of wild and crazy kickball pals. Basically it's 45 minutes of somewhat-athletic competition and hours of hanging out at the "league bar": Freddie's Place ... after getting our azzez handed to us for the second straight week (we're a team of kickball newbies - but with my 20+ years of soccer behind me, I'm able to put a good foot on the ball and get on base), we headed to Freddies for buckets of Lonestar ... then it was on to The Continental Club, a iconic south Austin bar/music venue. A kickball buddy has been talking about this band, The Flametrick Subs for several weeks, so we just had to go see 'em. I believe they tour the country, so if you're into The Cramps, Reverend Horton Heat, or rockabilly in general, I highly recommend these guys. I'm not really that into that style of music, but WOW what a show! The stand-up bass player has a STUB for a left hand and whacks at that bass like no other! The lead singer oozes charisma and the drummer and lead guitarist are bad-azz chicks! And they have "cheerleaders" dressed in leather outfits on the side of the stage. Truly awesome. :D

Anyways, after Thursday night's beer-fest, we toned it down a bit last night and headed out to a comedy show headlined by John Evans. He's an up-and-comer in the comedy world and apparently is taping his first Comedy Central show. He was really funny ... "pop culture" type of comedy. Had a great time.

Tonight will be highlighted by a bar crawl down Austin's famed 6th Street. My kickball pal has a law school buddy in town so we're gonna do a bunch of Flaming Dr. Pepper shots! Fortunately it's warmed up considerably since mid-week. In the 60's today! :D

Hope y'all are enjoying your weekend! :doh:

Edited by darin3

Did you play soccer in college ?

Nah. I actually didn't even play in HS. I had played soccer essentially since I was able to walk and by the time 9th grade rolled around, I had to decide between hoops and soccer. I was more "into" basketball at the time, so I chose that. Probably a dumb move 'cuz with 4 years of HS soccer I would have most likely garnered scholarship offers. Our JV soccer coach was actually kinda pissed off at me; he was one of my old AYSO coaches and expected that my big left foot would play.

I did, however, co-lead an intramural team to a championship! :D

Nah. I actually didn't even play in HS. I had played soccer essentially since I was able to walk and by the time 9th grade rolled around, I had to decide between hoops and soccer. I was more "into" basketball at the time, so I chose that. Probably a dumb move 'cuz with 4 years of HS soccer I would have most likely garnered scholarship offers. Our JV soccer coach was actually kinda pissed off at me; he was one of my old AYSO coaches and expected that my big left foot would play.

I did, however, co-lead an intramural team to a championship! :D

That's cool ...played soccer my whole life including in college at st johns university ..did not think there were too many huddlers who played the sport

Enjoy the weekend and party on

Any hot waitresses?

:tup: Yeah The Continental Club had some good-looking waitresses and actually the comedy club did, too.

Some chick was totally hittin' on me at the Continental. Took my hat off my head and when I quickly grabbed it back (my hair was all f'ed up) she kissed me on the cheek! :D:D Glad the Mrs. didn't see that... I was like Khloe, Kim and Kourtney Kardashian?

:D I'll be pre-partying with some Leinenkugels in about 2 hrs.

I am 4 Woodford Reserve and cokes into a nice buzz. I was supposed to go play poker at a buddys house tonight, just a cash game with a $150 buy in, but its been snowing all day and I dont feel like getting out. So, I am staying in with the Fam and watching tv and getting loaded on some sweet f'n liquor!!

I am 4 Woodford Reserve and cokes into a nice buzz. I was supposed to go play poker at a buddys house tonight, just a cash game with a $150 buy in, but its been snowing all day and I dont feel like getting out. So, I am staying in with the Fam and watching tv and getting loaded on some sweet f'n liquor!!

Whereabouts do you live in Nashville, Spain? I visited an old buddy years ago near Murphrysboro. He lived in an actual log cabin out in the boonies. It was freezing cold that February. He told me I could have the bedroom and that he'd sleep on the couch. Guess what? No freeking heat, just a fireplace and logs is all that heated the place up. I woke up in the middle of the night, went into the main room and fell asleep in a chair. I froze my ass off in that bedroom. :D Nashville was booming then, I imagine it's even bigger now.

So, met up with some friends for beer and conversation. Ended up going to a dive bar to play some pool and continue the beer/conversation. Ran into a guy I had met through kickball that is the Austin equivalent of I Like Soup. Kinda looks like him, although his energy level wasn't quite the same. Also met the Austin equivalent of twiley. Sorta looked like Arthur, too. :D

Whereabouts do you live in Nashville, Spain? I visited an old buddy years ago near Murphrysboro. He lived in an actual log cabin out in the boonies. It was freezing cold that February. He told me I could have the bedroom and that he'd sleep on the couch. Guess what? No freeking heat, just a fireplace and logs is all that heated the place up. I woke up in the middle of the night, went into the main room and fell asleep in a chair. I froze my ass off in that bedroom. :D Nashville was booming then, I imagine it's even bigger now.

I live in Franklin, and fortunately for me, my log cabin has heat! Franklin is 20 minutes do west of Murfreesboro. Franklin is directly south of Nashville about 20 minutes and "The Boro", as its called by locals, is 30 minutes southeast of the city. The entire area, but especially Franklin and The Boro, have exploded with growth the past few years. These 2 areas are where everyone is moving too. Let me know the next time you are in town and you can stay with me at the very warm and cozy Spain Arms Trailer Park and Petting Zoo!

Am I the only one that thinks Darin only gets involved in stupid shi@te like that elementary school game called "kickball", just so he has another excuse to get drunk?

I still think its because hes gay but you may have a point