[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LOST

cliaz

So they advertised this weeks episode as 3 of Losts biggest questions answered...

so what were they?

You know my wife and I said the same thing. Some things were better explained but I'm not sure what questions were answered. Like what Jack's tatoo meant and where he got it. We found out Ethan was the surgeon for the "Others" until Jack's crew killed him off. The others don't live on that Island Jack was being kept on, that they have another place they call home.

I've never seen a show hit the level of popularity that this show did in its first season and then suck so bad as it does right now.

I'd rather watch Reba.

Haven't watched this week's episode yet (to busy editing a cease and desist letter), but last week's episode was killer!

This show has been a steaming pile of crap since day one, and now it seems they are bent on proving it.

I think it's obvious that they don't have a long term direction with the show, or even have a 1-2 week direction. Each week they throw in a monster/bad guy and have a little drama. Promote that with endless commercials saying sheet that won't happen, and blame, 84.5 gablillion sheep watch it.

I think this show got big and no one expected it, and now they don't know what to do.

This show has been a steaming pile of crap since day one, and now it seems they are bent on proving it.

I think it's obvious that they don't have a long term direction with the show, or even have a 1-2 week direction. Each week they throw in a monster/bad guy and have a little drama. Promote that with endless commercials saying sheet that won't happen, and blame, 84.5 gablillion sheep watch it.

I think this show got big and no one expected it, and now they don't know what to do.

I couldn't disagree more. I think this show got big quick, people tuned in to see what was so good then bailed when it caused them to pay too much attention, preferring to just watch mind candy like American Idol.

I couldn't disagree more. I think this show got big quick, people tuned in to see what was so good then bailed when it caused them to pay too much attention, preferring to just watch mind candy like American Idol.

agreed. While this week's show wasn't anything special, the previous two have been great.

agreed. While this week's show wasn't anything special, the previous two have been great.

Couldn't disagree any more. I've been watching it since the pilot.

The show's first season was awesome (except for only showing 4 new episodes every other 4 weeks). It was a thinking mans show with fantasic mystery and trama. Here are some issues I have

1. They changed the season final of season 1

2. The others were first billed as supernatural people with super human strength that could walk through the jungle without making any noise and who could blend in with the terrain.

3. The monster, the big eagle, the wispering voices in the jungle what happened to them all? gone.

4. What happen to the whole plot about a virus or sickness?

5. they left the whole black rock thing hanging

6. they left the whole cable thing hanging

7. they left the whole tail section thing hanging and the people they kidnapped (though they are trying to explain that right now and its not working)

8. the numbers they wrote off and they were a huge theme to the first season

and there are dozens more of these.

The show jumped the shark at the end of season 1. it's not worth the time or effort to watch it anymore.

it's a shame because season one was the best hands down ever.

Couldn't disagree any more. I've been watching it since the pilot.

The show's first season was awesome (except for only showing 4 new episodes every other 4 weeks). It was a thinking mans show with fantasic mystery and trama. Here are some issues I have

2. The others were first billed as supernatural people with super human strength that could walk through the jungle without making any noise and who could blend in with the terrain.

3. The monster, the big eagle, the wispering voices in the jungle what happened to them all? gone.

7. they left the whole tail section thing hanging and the people they kidnapped (though they are trying to explain that right now and its not working)

and there are dozens more of these.

The show jumped the shark at the end of season 1. it's not worth the time or effort to watch it anymore.

it's a shame because season one was the best hands down ever.

:D

Zero direction. If they put something in and don't like it later, they change it. I remember when the one chick had like 2 or 3 different back stories to how she'd gotten herself in trouble.

The show is crap. Whatever everyone is waiting for this show to be, it's never going to be.

You know my wife and I said the same thing. Some things were better explained but I'm not sure what questions were answered. Like what Jack's tatoo meant and where he got it. We found out Ethan was the surgeon for the "Others" until Jack's crew killed him off. The others don't live on that Island Jack was being kept on, that they have another place they call home.

Wow, so FINALLY we answered the question of where Jacks tattoo came from... :D

Seriously though, what was that whole flashback about? Was there something about the meaning of the tattoo or the "gift" of that Thai whore I missed? Didn't seem to add much to the story...

ps - and why did those dudes rough up Jack and make him leave for getting a tattoo???

Edited by alexgaddis

Wow, so FINALLY we answered the question of where Jacks tattoo came from... :D

Seriously though, what was that whole flashback about? Was there something about the meaning of the tattoo or the "gift" of that Thai whore I missed? Didn't seem to add much to the story...

ps - and why did those dudes rough up Jack and make him leave for getting a tattoo???

I think the whole tatoo thing was how you interepret the meaning of the tatoo. I belive the translation was "He walks among us, but is not one of us."

If you take it like Jack did (and what the Thai chick says it means), he is to walking among them, but is not one of them meaning he carries an elevated status. If you take it like the Thai dudes and the "sheriff" of the others did, it would be that he more or less is lower and does not belong on there level. At least thats how I took it.

I think the guys roughed him up because it was against her peoples rules for him to receive the tatoo, but he forced her to give it anyway.

How so?

By a crazy woman living alone in the jungle for 15 years or so

for now, the monster just killed echo a few episodes ago

didn't they explain it? It wasn't true, part of the experiment to keep them in the hatch...

prolly coming back to it in a few eps, part of t e whole "Hurly finds a n old car" episode comign up

Was it that big a plot point? The giant foot is bigger I think, and I'm sure that will be explained along with the two skeletons in the cave.

they just showed you where they went, startign last season with the survivors and last night they just showed you what happened to the ones who were kidnapped

they still show up, just not THE story anymore... they just made an appearance a few eps ago in the airport as the girls soccer jersey numbers.

This is still my favorite show on TV, I can enjoy it as it unfolds without having to have each new episode be a "much watch" event and let the mystery unfold and expand. They have started settign up an end point, and I'm willing to bet they are not just making it up as they go. Or at least I like it enough to enjoy it still and not care if they are.

However, there are WAY too many commercials and ABC would be smart to just run the season in 1 shot in 24 fashion.

the producers have hinted that there are two groups of others.