[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers' doctor investigated for hugh HGH purchase

Bronco Billy

LINK

The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center will begin an internal investigation into the purchase of human growth hormone by Dr. Richard Rydze, one of the center's physicians and a Steelers' internist....

According to the Times-Union of Albany, N.Y., a New York investigator flew to Pittsburgh last month to interview Rydze about why he allegedly used a personal credit card to purchase roughly $150,000 in testosterone and human growth hormone in 2006.

Rydze told the investigator the drugs were for his private patients, the paper said, citing an unidentified person briefed on the interview. There are no allegations Rydze violated any laws.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said today that the Steelers are gathering information and may have a statement later in the day on the situation.

Rydze told Sports Illustrated that, "The Rooneys are aware that I do this ... I mean, they have my trust that I would never do this with an athlete."

The doctor told the magazine that he made the purchases and uses the HGH to treat elderly patients who are "deficient in growth hormone," and require tendon repair. t's] not for athletes, never," says Rydze. "I don't give it to people who want to come in here and look pretty and look young and build up their muscles. I will not do that."

Rooney said he first became aware of the investigation yesterday and immediately called Rydze, who acknowledged that he was questioned by FDA officials at his office. Rooney said Rydze was told he was not a target of the investigation.

Oh come on. HGH is expensive. He was just purchasing the maximum supply of 90 days worth allowed under his mail order prescription plan. There's nothing to see here. Move along.

The financial cost is high. HGH injections are priced from $500 to $1,000 a month.

Link

Also from the article:

up to 30 percent of hGH prescriptions in the U.S. are used for anti-aging and “athletic enhancement.”

The financial cost is high. HGH injections are priced from $500 to $1,000 a month.

Link

Also from the article:

up to 30 percent of hGH prescriptions in the U.S. are used for anti-aging and “athletic enhancement.”

"In one of the few clinical studies done on healthy older individuals (age 65 to 88) that included women, significant side effects occurred. One third or more of the treated participants developed carpal tunnel syndrome, swelling (edema) and joint pain."

This is the effect I got from taking HGH. I couldnt unball my fist. In other words, I couldnt extend my fingers as they would get stuck when they were made into a fist. And it was painful in my hand and finger joints. The doctor called it "Trigger finger". I had to get off of it due to the problems in my hands.

Edited by spain

Yeah, sure, none of the HGH ever went to any player. :D

Don't get too comfortable with those SB rings from last year. Friggin' cheatin' The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY.

:D

Purchased in 2006....Steelers were 8-8 with HGH...must have been a bad batch.

Purchased in 2006....Steelers were 8-8 with HGH...must have been a bad batch.

Caught based on 2006 purchases. I suppose you're going with the "but it was my first time, honest" defense?

Maybe that's why Roethlisberger though he could ride his motorcycle through a car - he figured that a mere steel vehicle couldn't match up with him & hog.

Caught based on 2006 purchases. I suppose you're going with the "but it was my first time, honest" defense?

Maybe that's why Roethlisberger though he could ride his motorcycle through a car - he figured that a mere steel vehicle couldn't match up with him & hog.

He was caught purchasing the drug in 2006, he wasn't caught giving it to a single athlete. They haven't even accused him of anything. I don't even know what kind of doctor this guy is and how closely he worked with the Steelers and which ones in particular....anyone, anyone?????

He was caught purchasing the drug in 2006, he wasn't caught giving it to a single athlete. They haven't even accused him of anything. I don't even know what kind of doctor this guy is and how closely he worked with the Steelers and which ones in particular....anyone, anyone?????

From one of the articles I read, he was identified as one of the Steelers' seven game day doctors.

Selling this stuff to the underground bodybuilding community is a HUGE. I can buy Jintropin for $375 for 100 IUs on the internet. That lasts roughly 16 days at standard dosing, without cycling. Maybe this Doc is involved in distributing it. Ever hear of Greg Valentino? Do a search for him. HGH is huge, IGF is huge, these are being sold rampantly across the US. The appeal is growing in the bb community. Could Steelers have used this? Perhaps. I don't know enough about the testing to know if they could avoid it, how often they are tested, and the like.

But from the article on ESPN:

"The Times Union said investigators found evidence that testosterone and other performance-enhancing drugs may have been fraudulently prescribed over the Internet to current and former Major League Baseball and NFL players, college athletes, high school coaches, a former Mr. Olympia champion named above and another top contender in the bodybuilding competition."

This stuff is easy to get your hands on. And people from athletes to bodybuilders are using it. The dr may just have a very profitable "side business" going, and obviously not catering to "elderly people" as he stated... time will tell...