[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Out of curiousity, what is.....

Big Country

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my favorite number is 4 8 15 16 23 42... :D

Good luck with those. Now maybe Hurley will take you for a ride in the van.

PSS'T ... Azz ...

Just make it simple and round Pi to an even three...lots easier that way. Who needs to fool around with silly decimals, especially those ones waaaaay out there...you know, the ones in the hundredths and thousandths and beyond?

Incorrect Az. I'm still not really sure if Sun's number was meant to be pi

You're kidding... right?

(The only way somebody could think that he didn't mean it to be pi was if that somebody didn't know what pi was to begin with.)

Incorrect Az. I'm still not really sure if Sun's number was meant to be pi or if it was meant as a joke. Therefore no need for a correction on my part toward him or for me to say oops for being wrong for posting correct information about pi. Secondly, my response to what pi is was to Wiegie who saw my post to Sun and posted a :tup: . So I wasn't sure what he then meant, so I posted what pi was and then found the Wiki link for it.

So let me be clear I was not trying to correct Sun for anything. Oh and my info is correct. :D Gotta read the whole thread kiddo. It was a good effort you hit it far but foul. :doh:

oh my lord :D

oke, let's recap:

a correct approximation of pi, out to several hundred digits. i'm sure anyone (other than you) with more than a 6th grade education immediately recognized it as such.

I thought you might be refering to pi with this response. You know 22/7. But then realized the numbers were slightly off as pi would start out- 3.1428571

an incorrect "correction". pi does NOT start out 3.1428571. that is simply wrong. you are obviously operating under the mistaken assumption that pi = 22/7.

Divide 22 by 7. Pi- 3.1428571. No? If not I'm going to find my HS math teachers and file a grievance.

again, repeating the same error.

it's not a big deal, people make mistakes like that all the time. but instead of just recognizing it and saying so, you pull this act. which, of course, causes you to get beat down, again. then you start whining about that. soon you'll be posting about how you're really a great guy in real life, and you can't understand why nobody here gives you a fair shake, woe is me, blah blah blah. :D

You're kidding... right?

(The only way somebody could think that he didn't mean it to be pi was if that somebody didn't know what pi was to begin with.)

No dead serious. I thought of pi when I first saw it but also thought about Grits. When I divided 22 by 7 in my calculator they weren't the same so I thought his numbers might be off or knowing it wasn't an exact figure that the cheap cal. might be off.

oh my lord :D

oke, let's recap:

a correct approximation of pi, out to several hundred digits. i'm sure anyone (other than you) with more than a 6th grade education immediately recognized it as such.

an incorrect "correction". pi does NOT start out 3.1428571. that is simply wrong. you are obviously operating under the mistaken assumption that pi = 22/7.

again, repeating the same error.

it's not a big deal, people make mistakes like that all the time. but instead of just recognizing it and saying so, you pull this act. which, of course, causes you to get beat down, again. then you start whining about that. soon you'll be posting about how you're really a great guy in real life, and you can't understand why nobody here gives you a fair shake, woe is me, blah blah blah. :D

Your dead right. I didn't realize my own error. Therefore I was never completely sure it was or wasn't pi so I never meant it as a diss towards Sun.

OK, we all know that 666 is the number of the Beast, but did you know that...

670 - Approximate number of the Beast

DCLXVI - Roman numeral of the Beast

666.0000000 - Number of the High Precision Beast

665.9999954 - Number of the Pentium Beast

0.666 - Number of the Millibeast

/666 - Beast Common Denominator

666 x sq. rt (-1) - Imaginary number of the Beast

1010011010 - Binary of the Beast 6

1-666 - Area code of the Beast

00666 - Zip code of the Beast

1-900-666-0666 - Live Beasts! One-on-one pacts! Call Now! Only $6.66/minute.

Over 18 only please.

$665.95 - Retail price of the Beast

$699.25 - Price of the Beast plus 5% state sales tax

$769.95 - Price of the Beast with all accessories and replacement soul

$606.66 - Wal-Mart price of the Beast

$566.66 - Costco/Price Club price of the Beast

Phillips 666 - Gasoline of the Beast

Route 666 - Way of the Beast

666 F - Oven temperature for roast Beast

666k - Retirement plan of the Beast

666 mg - Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of Beast

6.66 % - 5 year CD interest rate at First Beast of Hell National Bank, $666 -minimum deposit.

Lotus 6-6-6 - Spreadsheet of the Beast

Word 6.66 - Word Processor of the Beast

i66686 - CPU of the Beast

666i - BMW of the Beast

DSM-666 (revised) - Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the Beast

668 - Next-door neighbor of the Beast

- Number of the Blonde Beast

uh... what was that number again?

Was that so hard?

No the hard part was figuring out that I was in fact wrong. Once Az helped me with that it was relatively easy.

:D

Hey Irish What do you get if you divide the cirucmference of a jack-o-lantern by its diameter?

Pumpkin Pi!

Yeah but what is the value of the Pi?

Just for the record, I like Irish...

Cause I'm a great guy right? :D

No the hard part was figuring out that I was in fact wrong. Once Az helped me with that it was relatively easy.

You were rather emphatic for a guy who was that wrong. Did you used to be an internet stock analyst a few years back?

Yeah but what is the value of the Pi?

I'd guess that a Pumpkin Pie would cost $10-20 bucks ...

In non-financial terms, the value of pi is the same here as it is everywhere else, 7/22.

:D