[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

so what is your favorite ABBA song?

Azazello1313

:D

So many to choose from. Take a Chance on Me is probably my favorite. But Waterloo is also very good. Wait, no. S.O.S. is probably my favorite. OK, these three are my favorites. Actually, Knowing Me, Knowing You has to be up there too. Same with Voulez Vous and Money, Money, Money.

Yes, I'm serious. :tup: I can explain... :D

but please don't :doh:

It's OK-I believe today is the official "I'm Ghey Day at the Huddle", so he's just coming out with a free pass for today-so everybody..be ghey.

I certainly hope everyone here has fond memories of the "family road trip". You know, Mom and Dad wake you and your brothers/sisters up at the butt crack of dawn to pack up the Volvo or Griswold-mobile. Hit the road, on your way to San Diego, or Palm Springs, or San Francisco, or the Redwoods. On the way, you and your siblings play "slug bug" or "find the out-of-state license plate". You stop in random towns at random diners. You sleep in The Bluebird Motel or the Eucalyptus Motor Lodge. And you listen to music.

Well, my Mom and Dad only had two tapes (or were they 8-tracks :tup:). ABBA and Neil Diamond. So when I reflect fondly on those days, I hear "Waterloo" and "Sweet Caroline". Some of those songs were somewhat bearable and have made a permanent imprint on my brain and will forever be some of my favorite songs.

:D That is all.

I certainly hope everyone here has fond memories of the "family road trip". You know, Mom and Dad wake you and your brothers/sisters up at the butt crack of dawn to pack up the Volvo or Griswold-mobile. Hit the road, on your way to San Diego, or Palm Springs, or San Francisco, or the Redwoods. On the way, you and your siblings play "slug bug" or "find the out-of-state license plate". You stop in random towns at random diners. You sleep in The Bluebird Motel or the Eucalyptus Motor Lodge. And you listen to music.

Well, my Mom and Dad only had two tapes (or were they 8-tracks :tup:). ABBA and Neil Diamond. So when I reflect fondly on those days, I hear "Waterloo" and "Sweet Caroline". Some of those songs were somewhat bearable and have made a permanent imprint on my brain and will forever be some of my favorite songs.

:D That is all.

don't get all tootie on us, ya hear?

Lots of good stuff, but I like "Eagle" - especially when I read someone mention that they (mistakenly) thought it was some sort of oblique tribute to the Eagles.

Pretty much anything off ABBA Gold is, urm, gold. Especially their later stuff where instead of generic "I love you" lyrics you got them addressing the breakdown of two marriages in every song - sorta the same thing that really makes Fleetwood Mac's Rumours really resonate.

Lots of good stuff, but I like "Eagle" - especially when I read someone mention that they (mistakenly) thought it was some sort of oblique tribute to the Eagles.

Pretty much anything off ABBA Gold is, urm, gold. Especially their later stuff where instead of generic "I love you" lyrics you got them addressing the breakdown of two marriages in every song - sorta the same thing that really makes Fleetwood Mac's Rumours really resonate.

Te amo. :D

ABBA is defiantly a guilty pleaser.

I just feel so alive listening to it. :D

I remember once in school my teacher said that ABBA was the ace of base from the 70’s I was about to say something but I my long hair and Slayer shirt told me to keep quiet.

fav song probably money money money, but its a hard choice with so many great hits.

Edited by whitem0nkey

I remember once in school my teacher said that ABBA was the ace of base from the 70’s I was about to say something but I my long hair and Slayer shirt told me to keep quiet.

You should've - it would have blown her mind.

ABBA is defiantly a guilty pleaser.

eh, I think anyone feeling guilt over listening to ABBA is overcompensating.

It's some of the best pop songwriting out there - and while the instrumentation and production can at times be cheesy, those women can f*cking SING.