[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wimmin will find a 5'6" man as attractive as a 6' man

The Misfit

Link (NY Times)

By tracking the success of online daters, the researchers calculated precisely how much extra income a man had to make (relative to the average man’s income of $62,500 per year) to offset a less than ideal attribute.

Some of their findings:

Suppose you’re an ordinary-looking guy whose online picture is ranked around the median in attractiveness. (In the study, the ratings of attractiveness were done by independent male and female observers hired by the researchers.) And suppose you’d like to be as successful with women as a guy whose picture is ranked in the top tenth. Then you’d need to make $143,000 more than him. If your picture is ranked in the bottom tenth, you’d need to make $186,000 more than him.

Similarly, according to the study, a 5-foot-0 guy would need to make $325,000 more than a 6-foot-0 man to be as successful in the online dating market. A 5-foot-4 man would need $229,000; a 5-foot-6 man would need $183,000; a 5-foot-10 man would need $32,000. And if that 6-foot-0 man wanted to do as well as a 6-foot-4 man, he’d need to make $43,000 more.

Does it? It might just mean landing a date "in person" At which time, the woman might decide all the money in the world isn't enough.

I'd put it this way:

Man: Online dating is succesful if I get a hand job, blow job, regular sex, or anal sex.

Woman: Online dating is succesful if I meet the man of my dreams and we get married and grow old together.

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I guess they don't have the data yet on certain physical attributes that are more, uh, gonad-centered. In other words, does having a 9" personality mean you can make more or less than a 6' 2" dude? Inquiring minds want to know...

Edited by Coffeeman

Link (NY Times)

By tracking the success of online daters, the researchers calculated precisely how much extra income a man had to make (relative to the average man’s income of $62,500 per year) to offset a less than ideal attribute.

Some of their findings:

Suppose you’re an ordinary-looking guy whose online picture is ranked around the median in attractiveness. (In the study, the ratings of attractiveness were done by independent male and female observers hired by the researchers.) And suppose you’d like to be as successful with women as a guy whose picture is ranked in the top tenth. Then you’d need to make $143,000 more than him. If your picture is ranked in the bottom tenth, you’d need to make $186,000 more than him.

Similarly, according to the study, a 5-foot-0 guy would need to make $325,000 more than a 6-foot-0 man to be as successful in the online dating market. A 5-foot-4 man would need $229,000; a 5-foot-6 man would need $183,000; a 5-foot-10 man would need $32,000. And if that 6-foot-0 man wanted to do as well as a 6-foot-4 man, he’d need to make $43,000 more.

i take it you're trying to imply that women are totally superficial....because of how they, on average, weigh different totally superficial attributes in a setting that allows for nothing BUT the most superficial evaluation? :D

i take it you're trying to imply that women are totally superficial....because of how they, on average, weigh different totally superficial attributes in a setting that allows for nothing BUT the most superficial evaluation? :D

What the hell, Az? You obviously don't have stock in any online dating services. I've put my whole nest egg there, so don't rock the boat, chump....

This has to be based on 3rd date, or getting laid or something....unless there's a box you put your salary in on the dating service, how are they really goign to judge salary vs. success....unless they ask these chicks:

ok - here's male model - would you go on a date - "of course"

ok, here's bill gates nerdy looking son - woudl you go on a date - "never"

then just start piling on 10k at a time....but i don't think that's really a way they could judge it