[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much to donate to my neighbors?

TimC

My neighbors kid has been in the hospital for the past week or so. She was hurt in a lawnmower accident and one of the other neighbor's is passing around the collection plate to help out with expenses (such as gas and stuff) to put in a card to show we care or something.

These people have a brand new house, a hugh SUV with spinners and all the ground effects (they're Mexican) and have just purchased another hugh SUV with the front bumper removed in prep for the new ground effects (sitting in their backyard, but visible from the main road that cuts into ours). He's built a hugh 2-story deck and toolshed slightly smaller than my first house. Oh, and they got the electricity cut off the second month they were in so we all donated then.

The neighbors handling the collection just called me at work and left a message they'd be taking the card over tomorrow and want my donation. Sooooo, how much to give?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbors kid has been in the hospital for the past week or so. She was hurt in a lawnmower accident and one of the other neighbor's is passing around the collection plate to help out with expenses (such as gas and stuff) to put in a card to show we care or something.

These people have a brand new house, a hugh SUV with spinners and all the ground effects (they're Mexican) and have just purchased another hugh SUV with the front bumper removed in prep for the new ground effects (sitting in their backyard, but visible from the main road that cuts into ours). He's built a hugh 2-story deck and toolshed slightly smaller than my first house. Oh, and they got the electricity cut off the second month they were in so we all donated then.

The neighbors handling the collection just called me at work and left a message they'd be taking the card over tomorrow and want my donation. Sooooo, how much to give?

Instead of money you should make up a dinner for the family that they can pull out of the freezer and shove in the oven.

Don't know what you can afford... but if you can, then offer to make a house payment for them. Find out the exact amount and the name of the bank, and then write a check for that specific purpose.

:D Can I be yer neighbor??? :D

Sounds like they're living beyond their means. I think the collection plate is a little tacky given the circumstances but I'd toss in $25 with some protest.

Exactly...if they are taking collections to help pay for things when he could just sell his rims instead, then don't feel too bad for them...

Well geez he maimed the kid with a lawnmower, its the least he can do.

No, no, no....the older kid ran over the foot of the younger kid. I had nothing to do with it...

...this time. :D

Why did you guys donate when the electricity got cut off?

Because they have 3 kids (really good kids too) and we felt bad for them. They didn't ask for help, but the same neighborly neighbors thought it'd be good for all the neighbors to help. This is a small neighborhood (7 houses). Yeah, I'm a sucker.