[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cover of 08 Madden

jake_the_builder

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brent, you never responded back to me. You bum, I thought we were tight after those tix.

Anyways, I am glad to hear no Bear got the cover! :D Good luck Titans fans!

We are tight Goop, but dude, I forgot :tup: I'm game for a game anytime. I can usually play during the week after 9:30-10ish and can play until about midnight or 1AM. Weekends are limited but I could figure something out. Let me know what works for you! See you later chump :D

I just don't get why Vince Young is on the cover. What exactly did he do to deserve this honor? I would hope there were a lot of rejections prior to getting to VY.

As a rookie, he came in a played awesome with a pretty crappy supporting cast. What was his record as a starter? The guy is a play maker. He is as exciting to watch as Vick, but he can actually complete a pass.

I just don't get why Vince Young is on the cover. What exactly did he do to deserve this honor? I would hope there were a lot of rejections prior to getting to VY.

Took a team that was projected to be the worst in the league into a team that went 8-8 and was in the playoff hunt until late in the season? Maybe it was the fact that a lot of those games he threw his team on his back and won them almost single handedly... Who exactly do you think should be up here?

The guy has already done so much for himself, his team, and the game. Coming right from college, everyone knew who he was. To think that he lived up to expectations and is going into his sophomore season is unreal.

That said, it is an interesting question if VY was their first choice.

Curse ends this yr. Vince is inVINCible

I was going to post something similar...albeit less corny.

The curse ends this year. I am very impressed by what I have seen from VY, and I think he takes his game up a notch this year.

It would be nice (for him) if there was a running game in Tenn. Time for a team 'code red' on LenDale...

Took a team that was projected to be the worst in the league into a team that went 8-8 and was in the playoff hunt until late in the season? Maybe it was the fact that a lot of those games he threw his team on his back and won them almost single handedly... Who exactly do you think should be up here?

Drew Brees.

As a rookie, he came in a played awesome with a pretty crappy supporting cast. What was his record as a starter? The guy is a play maker. He is as exciting to watch as Vick, but he can actually complete a pass.

I'm gonna have fun kicking your ass at chess. Check your stats bro Vick had a higher completion rate last year with all the receiver problems! Nice try though most of the board apprectiates your valiant effort. :D:D:tup::doh::D:D:clap:

I'm gonna have fun kicking your ass at chess. Check your stats bro Vick had a higher completion rate last year with all the receiver problems! Nice try though most of the board apprectiates your valiant effort. :D:D:tup::doh::D:D:clap:

The Titans WR's are worse than the Falcons . . .

Honestly? If I had to pick one right now? I'd take Vince Young . . .

:D All things being equal (they're not) that's a tough question. However, Vick has played 6 full season and seems to be getting worse. Notice I said seems - the stats may show a different story but the highlight of his career comes in only his second season when he led the Falcants to a playoff win at Lambau.

I would take Vince just based on age and upside alone (that's the unequal part). He's obviously a winner and we can only watch and see if he can bring that to the next level. Vick still has time but he can't rely on his legs forever. It's a shame he hasn't developed into even a decent passer because he has one hell of an arm. I'd love to see what that arm could do with more accuracy and a brilliant mind behind the wheel.