[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss goes to Pats

Put Moss on a winning team and he will "try." I am sure lots of players on horrible teams don't "try." Randy Moss is ten times the athlete than Owens and I still will take him any day of the week over him.

And I am sure the majority of players on your favorite team smoke pot. Not thinking that is being naive, plain and simple.

Ten times the athlete than Owens, really??!? Looks like you must have hit the peace-pipe a couple times this morning already

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ten times the athlete than Owens, really??!? Looks like you must have hit the peace-pipe a couple times this morning already

Faster and better jumping ability, two things very important for a WR. He has used his athletic skills to overshadow his other flaws, but again, I will take that.

The point made in the post above about Moss being asked to be a leader is so true! You can't expect that out of him. NE will be a perfect environment for him.

Totaly disagree that most players smoke pot on each team ( where did you get this info ? ) ?

And I will take a player who tries hard (TO) rather than on that does not care and quit like moss

With this said , ne taking a chance on moss and giving up so little is not a bad thing or bad move

Put Moss on a winning team and he will "try." I am sure lots of players on horrible teams don't "try." Randy Moss is ten times the athlete than Owens and I still will take him any day of the week over him.

And I am sure the majority of players on your favorite team smoke pot. Not thinking that is being naive, plain and simple.

Wow someone should take you to the hospital imediately. Ten times the athlete?!?!?! :D Re-assess and get back to us. :D

Quote from Pasquarelli:

Far more important to coach Bill Belichick than any financial concessions by Moss, though, are the promises by the nine-year veteran receiver that he will fit into the Patriots' culture, an atmosphere in which players are expected to subjugate personal performance for team goals. Moss has long been one of Belichick's favorite players, in part because of his competitive nature and desire to step to the forefront at critical junctures of games, but the Pats' coach would not have made the deal without being comfortable that it is a good fit for everyone.

Sources said that Belichick has discussed the acquisition of Moss with several key leaders and that the veterans to whom he spoke were on board with the deal. The feeling is that the New England locker room includes enough acknowledged leaders and high-character guys that Moss will not pose a threat.

OK. I have just read through this entire thread without comenting on any one post. I'm going to give my :D as Pat homer.

I'm on record here and other places, as being against this move earlier in the off-season. But that was before the rest of the Pat's off-season moves. I believe this move will work out for the Pats, and I'll attempt to explain the two main reasons for that.

1. The timing. Not when the trade took place for Randy(as far as having to leave OAK), or on the calender. But more, the fact that the Pat's made this move after acquiring three other WRs this offseason. The Patriots don't NEED Randy Moss. But Randy Moss NEEDS the Pats. Who else wanted this guy? Nobody. Did the Pat's want him? Obviously. But they don't need him. They had enough WRs allready to start the year as is. This takes Moss' power away. With Minny and Oak, Randy was "allowed" to act like he did because the teams had no other choice. What were they going to do, bench him? He can't do some of the things he's done in the past because BB WILL bench him. In a heart beat. And if he doesn't like that, it leads me to point...

2. The risk. The Pat's will cut him in a heart beat if he acts up. There's no way NE brings him in if he's still owed $20 mil. They made sure the contract was restructured. And I can gaurantee there are clauses in there all over the place that give the Patriots outs to drop his sorry arse for any myriad of reasons. And what did it cost them? The #110 pick in a watered down draft? That'd very little for the upside he may bring.

All in all, I'm now on board with the signing, while still being leery of Moss' potential for a blow-up.

Edited by Bring Back Pat!!!

After watching him most weeks on the Vikings that isn't true. He'll try most of the time when he's getting the ball but I remember times when all he had to do for a win was be a decoy on a running play and he wouldn't move. If he had just run a few steps the CB guarding wouldn't have made the tackle on the running play.

NE will deal with that or he'll be cut, but I'm not so sure he'd mind retiring.

Amazing how some fans forget.

For the level of pure talent that Randy Moss brings to the table, I'd trade a 4th round pick easy for him. NE has been very smart about this, how can you question them?

We know Randy.

The Eagles werre smart about TO too but you slide slowly down a hole without even noticing it. Then suddenly you notice the quicksand is all around you. :D

I guess I am the only one, but I think Moss is not half the problem that Owens is.

Yes, you are definitely the only one. Moss may be double the problem though, maybe you just confused your figures. :D

I like it. Risk-reward deal. 4th rounder is nothing. And while he's been banged up a bit, and there's evidence to question his all-out motivation every snap of every game, I don't think it's entirely accurate to say his skills have diminished the past few years -- any receiver catching "passes" from the likes of Collins, Brooks, Tuiasosopo and Walter will look less "skillful." He'll be playing with the best QB he's ever played with. And while it'd be foolish to expect his rookie year n umbers in the NE system, it's not unreasonable to expect 1,000-1,100 yards and 8-10 TDs.

And Bring Back Pat nailed it, I think: (just like they did with Dillon) the Pats wanted him, but don't need him. Oakland organization was a f'n disaster from top to bottom, and the Vikes under Tice were a joke, too. He's finally in a place where his BS won't be tolerated. If he acts up, he's gone. If he shuts up and plays, he and the team both make out fine.

Moss is going to pull his hammy in week 2. Though I hope not. With this WR corp surrounding brady this could be a very interesting year for the pats. But Moss hasn't been very healthy in the past.

Edited by cliaz

Totaly disagree that most players smoke pot on each team ( where did you get this info ? ) ?

I'd say a good percentage do. Most pro sports drugs/steroid testing is most likely to catch stupid people, as opposed to habitual users (tabling the "habitual use makes you stupid" argument for now).

I face mandatory random drug test at work, plus a whiz quiz after any vehicle or lost time accident; I have been known to indulge and have had to really sweat the results maybe twice. I always tell them when they send me in "if I used drugs, I'd be more relaxed and easy to deal with than I am"; my supervisors don't see the humor in that for some reason.

Yep.

Let's put it this way - I see the FLOOR for Moss in NE as 50-800-8. Do you think any 4th round WR is going to give you that sort of value out of the gate?

Well-said

Yeah sure. Big shocker that you are known as the biggest moran on this board. :D

Well-said