[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss goes to Pats

????

Or were you joking?

He was being a blind, homer, idiot is all. Mid season he'll realize what a buffoon he looked like saying this. :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was being a blind, homer, idiot is all. Mid season he'll realize what a buffoon he looked like saying this. :D

I'm a blind homer for saying that they are in the mix to have a chance to make the playoffs ?

Yeah sure. Big shocker that you are known as the biggest moran on this board. :D

Your an idiot, everyone knows it, if anyone should give up, it is you.

Is that all you can say is I'm an idiot and that the Steelers will contend? Lame. Very, very lame!! I'm giving up on this conversation trying to help you see reality. Thanks for the advice. :D

Was I joking that the Steelers are in the mix as a team that might make the playoffs. No.

You should be joking cause that's all it can be seen as a cruel joke.

Is that all you can say is I'm an idiot and that the Steelers will contend? Lame. Very, very lame!! I'm giving up on this conversation trying to help you see reality. Thanks for the advice. :D

You should be joking cause that's all it can be seen as a cruel joke.

You are an idiot of epic proportions of which this board has never seen before. Congrats on that. :D

I would ignore you like so many others have, but, laughing at you is far too fun.

O.k. I'm done.

Edited by Menudo

Was I joking that the Steelers are in the mix as a team that might make the playoffs. No.

How does an 8-8 team that did little to upgrade themselves (in comparison to many of the other AFC teams you mention) warrant the tag "solid", and be considered a serious playoff contender?? :D

wow. just wow.

I'm not worried about Moss being a "problem" in New England. He'll behave himself, at least for a year. And the risk New England is taking is minimal. What does concern me is that Moss has always relied on his physical ablilities to make him an elite WR. He's not a great route runner. He's lazy. He doesn't work out much. He won't go over the middle. He is simply not the WR he was a few years ago. I don't see how going to New England changes that. But winning covers a lot of problems.

Great trade by the Pats. Well worth the risk, IMO.

Edited by CaptainHook

How does an 8-8 team that did little to upgrade themselves (in comparison to many of the other AFC teams you mention) warrant the tag "solid", and be considered a serious playoff contender?? :D

Well, perhaps due to the fact that they had major issues that everyone knew about that effected their start last year. They ended their season with a 6-2 run.

Look, I'm not sitting here saying they are going to the Super Bowl, but, to say they aren't in the mix as a playoff team, would be just as silly as me saying they are a Super Bowl favorite.

I know that you are just :D and I am an easy catch when it comes to the Steelers, but, the thought of getting into another one of these pi$$ing contests with you bores me to no end.

So, lets just wait and see what happens.

Edited by Menudo

As the saying goes, "Winning is a great deodorant."

There's so many moving pieces to this puzzle, that I don't know how anyone can make any predictions at this point. Any time a WR moves to a new team, the learning curve is steep. Now the Pats have an entirely new corps, not even just a single player.

I think the people who are :D about Pats' fans drinking the Moss koolaid are just kidding themselves. I think we're all quite aware of the bust factor here. It could be a hugh mistake but the risk/reward is also HUGH. I don't think his physical skills have really diminished, it just remains to be seen if he can get his head into the game again. :D Totally worth a 4th rounder to find out. And we still have the 49ers 1st rounder next year. Nifty wheeling and dealing if you ask me, but of course, you didn't.

As the saying goes, "Winning is a great deodorant."

There's so many moving pieces to this puzzle, that I don't know how anyone can make any predictions at this point. Any time a WR moves to a new team, the learning curve is steep. Now the Pats have an entirely new corps, not even just a single player.

I think the people who are :D about Pats' fans drinking the Moss koolaid are just kidding themselves. I think we're all quite aware of the bust factor here. It could be a hugh mistake but the risk/reward is also HUGH. I don't think his physical skills have really diminished, it just remains to be seen if he can get his head into the game again. :D Totally worth a 4th rounder to find out. And we still have the 49ers 1st rounder next year. Nifty wheeling and dealing if you ask me, but of course, you didn't.

:tup: Well said. :doh:

In any event, Moss for a 4th rounder is a very smart gamble. He's already agreed to restructure, etc and so forth, so who knows?

Yep.

Let's put it this way - I see the FLOOR for Moss in NE as 50-800-8. Do you think any 4th round WR is going to give you that sort of value out of the gate?

As a Hugh Dar I'm glad to get rid of a friggin self centered infection such as Moss. Though reading this all the Pats fans are saying he will be different there....... This just in : Moss will always be Moss. He had the world in Minny and F'd that up. He had the world in Oakland and what seemed to be a better fit for his personality and F'd that up. He is a disease that works it way out from the inside. No coach, QB or otherwise will change that. Will he have flashes of the Moss brilliance? you bet. Will he eventually drive a spike between the Pats cohesiveness and become the aforementioned disease? In less than a year is the over/under.

Buh Bye Randy, you selfish, underacheiving maroon :D

Edited by Hugh B Tool

He had the world in Oakland and what seemed to be a better fit for his personality and F'd that up.

Better fit for his personality, in that you mean disfunctional?

What does having "the world in Oakland" mean if Oakland has been one of the worst run franchises in the last 4 years?

If you put a disfunctional person in a disfunctional place, odds are he'd be even more disfunctional.

Edited by charty

I'm just :D . There have been Moss rumors around here in the local sports media for weeks, but I never once took them seriously. I have strong misgivings about him being able to turn himself into a hard-working, good citizen but hey, if Dillon can do it maybe Moss can too? :D

In any event, Moss for a 4th rounder is a very smart gamble. He's already agreed to restructure, etc and so forth, so who knows?

You can't be serious. Randy Moss is a charitable, good human being. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about...

Ne is taking a gamble with great possible upside while giving up very little ( 4th rounder for pete's sake ) ..I think its a great move by the pats

I also think curry for oakland can be a very good recever and fantasy player ( if he stays healthy )

I assume that Al Davis dealt Moss to NE because he knew how bad Moss wanted to go to GB.

Too bad for us S&B fans that we won't get to see JaMarcus Russell hook up with Moss, but Randy is way too much of a team cancer to keep around for the new HC.

Yeah because he would much rather play for a GB team with an aging QB, no running game, and a terrible defense than the odds on favorite to win the SB..... :D

He is a jacka$$, but, so was Corey Dillon.

HUGE difference... Dillon was a malcontent, but always played hard for the Bungels. Moss is a malcontent and has NEVER played hard his entire career.

Makes me wonder if the Pats were so great last season, why on earth did they feel it was necessary to acquire bad character guys like Moss and Merriweather - and give up valuable draft picks for role players like Wes Welker??

MOSS WON'T SPEAK AT THE PODIUM AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE but will do a conference call later on his way to his flight NFL Network reports.

Nice way to start Randy.

Actually, this is the ultimate team-first move. Instead of having a me-me-me press conference, just go about your business and be a part of the organization.

You just can't win with some of you people. If he had the conference, you'd be singing the opposite tune...

I am surprised people are comparing Moss to TO. TO is truly a team cancer. Since when did Moss make it about himself or cry to the media or bring the attention to him? His problems are usually only about him, such as not trying, pot, etc. I'd take Moss over Owens any day of the week.

Solid move for NE. :D

I am surprised people are comparing Moss to TO. TO is truly a team cancer. Since when did Moss make it about himself or cry to the media or bring the attention to him? His problems are usually only about him, such as not trying, pot, etc. I'd take Moss over Owens any day of the week.

So you would rather have a player who doesn't play hard all the time and smokes pot (Moss) than a player who does play hard all the time but loves attention (Owens)....Wow :D

Edited by Return Of S&B

So you would rather have a player that doesn't play hard and smokes pot (Moss) than someone who plays hard but loves attention (Owens)....Wow :D

Put Moss on a winning team and he will "try." I am sure lots of players on horrible teams don't "try." Randy Moss is ten times the athlete than Owens and I still will take him any day of the week over him.

And I am sure the majority of players on your favorite team smoke pot. Not thinking that is being naive, plain and simple.

lol...im laughing at some of the stuff im reading...especially some of the bitterness against randy

moss was asked to be leader in minny and oakland...that aint him...and he doesnt have to be one in NE

bill consulted with some of the veteran leadership before making this deal...and he doesnt have to do that....