[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moss goes to Pats

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a big Viking fan and have had my ups and downs with Moss. I think this is a great trade for the Patriots. They got him to restructure his deal and they only gave up a 4th round pick. Randy Moss needs a QB to get him the ball and he finally will have that in Brady. When Moss was winning in MN he wasn't really a problem on the field. I see the Patriots winning this year so that will make a happy Moss and a very scary Patriots team. Some of you guys will be surprised but I see Moss being a leader on that team.

Indy won't make the playoffs, NE has nothing to worry about from them.

:D He says it every year. One of these days, he's gonna be right, and crowing about it, even though he's predicted it each of the past 3 seasons. . .

Nice to see you pimping someone besides Vick. You jump off that bandwagon? I've noticed your comparisons of him to Manning have died down considerably. :D

It's nice to know that you don't read all of my posts unlike Swerski. You don't remember the whole Green Bay mooning incident I see.

Comparing those two is a hard thing to do. They both have different numbers on their uniforms. One donated money to VT. One has WRs that are only great because the QB magically gave those guys the skills, bodies, and vision that they have. One quit choking up the big games and won the Superbowl. One QB hasn't been in the league as long as other, but is paid more than the more experienced QB. One QB has cheesy commercials to match his demeanor.

So you see, comparing these two gems is just too hard for mortals like us.

It's nice to know that you don't read all of my posts unlike Swerski. You don't remember the whole Green Bay mooning incident I see.

Comparing those two is a hard thing to do. They both have different numbers on their uniforms. One donated money to VT. One has WRs that are only great because the QB magically gave those guys the skills, bodies, and vision that they have. One quit choking up the big games and won the Superbowl. One QB hasn't been in the league as long as other, but is paid more than the more experienced QB. One QB has cheesy commercials to match his demeanor.

So you see, comparing these two gems is just too hard for mortals like us.

you forgot to mention that one (Manning) is a significantly better QB than the other (Vick). :D

In his conference call he said it's nice to go to a professional organization. :D While I enjoy dissing the Vikings that is a bit much.

he clearly meant the raiders, and is there anyone who would say that statement is wrong? the raiders were an absolute laughingstock from davis on down last year, last few years. maybe things change with the young (i.e. a fresh start) kiffin in there and some new personnel overall -- i hope for raiders fans they do change, because sat what you want about their dirty image, the black hole, etc., but oakland has for the most part been one of the league's marquee franchises through the years -- but moss isn't saying anything that the entire world doesn't think about that (recent) joke of a team.

One thing to point out about Moss is that when he had Chris Carter in Minny and a role model, he was nothing like a malcontent. One thing the Pats have is lots of high character guys to help keep Randy's head on straight. Watch as things develop, but while next year will be solid for Randy, the following year will be HUGH. Like top of the game HUGH.

Here's my view on Moss (as a hugh Vikings homer and former fan of the freak)... while he obviously takes plays off, has an injury bug, and gets alligator arms when he has to run routes across the middle, he is NOT a cancer in the locker room. Other players typically love to have Moss around, and he is said to be genuinely one the nicest guys to play with, as well as having a decent work ethic (off the field anyway) coming in early and working hard and staying late, etc. He's funny, charming and usually quite accessible with the local press as well.

He is still amazingly fast, he is experienced, and he has HOF caliber talent for making grabs. I think Moss sees this as his last and best chance to get a ring. He is going to be VERY good for the next 3 to 5 years in NE.

Did Moss shoot one of your kids or something?

:D

I am a big Viking fan and have had my ups and downs with Moss. I think this is a great trade for the Patriots. They got him to restructure his deal and they only gave up a 4th round pick. Randy Moss needs a QB to get him the ball and he finally will have that in Brady. When Moss was winning in MN he wasn't really a problem on the field. I see the Patriots winning this year so that will make a happy Moss and a very scary Patriots team. Some of you guys will be surprised but I see Moss being a leader on that team.

I also see him being a leader. the year before last he was hurt all year because of injuries and last year the Raiders just forgot they had him and he gave up. I think this year he rebounds to being the best WR in football again.

One thing to point out about Moss is that when he had Chris Carter in Minny and a role model, he was nothing like a malcontent. One thing the Pats have is lots of high character guys to help keep Randy's head on straight. Watch as things develop, but while next year will be solid for Randy, the following year will be HUGH. Like top of the game HUGH.

Cris Carter as a role model? that guy was 10 times fruitier than Moss.

Here's my view on Moss (as a hugh Vikings homer and former fan of the freak)... while he obviously takes plays off, has an injury bug, and gets alligator arms when he has to run routes across the middle, he is NOT a cancer in the locker room. Other players typically love to have Moss around, and he is said to be genuinely one the nicest guys to play with, as well as having a decent work ethic (off the field anyway) coming in early and working hard and staying late, etc. He's funny, charming and usually quite accessible with the local press as well.

He is still amazingly fast, he is experienced, and he has HOF caliber talent for making grabs. I think Moss sees this as his last and best chance to get a ring. He is going to be VERY good for the next 3 to 5 years in NE.

I agree with this.

Some of you guys will be surprised but I see Moss being a leader on that team.

I wouldn't go that far. Moss is not the leader type and hasn't been able to handle that role in the past. I do, however, agree that he will fit in just fine in NE. He wants a ring and this is his best chance to get one. Perhaps if NE wins the SB this year and Moss gets his ring, then he starts bitching about more $, but not until or even if then. NE already has plenty of leaders on their team and that suits Moss just fine IMO.

It's nice to know that you don't read all of my posts unlike Swerski.

Hey, where did you go during the playoffs? :D

You sure you want to go through this again? :D

Comparing those two is a hard thing to do. They both have different numbers on their uniforms. One donated money to VT.

The other didn't get a full scholarship from VT and you have no idea if he donated or not.

One has WRs that are only great because the QB magically gave those guys the skills, bodies, and vision that they have. One quit choking up the big games and won the Superbowl. One QB hasn't been in the league as long as other, but is paid more than the more experienced QB. One QB has cheesy commercials to match his demeanor.

One QB was sued for knowingly giving a woman herpes. One was caught trying to sneak Josh Gordon onto a plane... in a water bottle that isn't allowed on the flight either. One is also currently involved in an animal abuse scandal.

Sounds like you picked a real winner there. Oh, wait, he hasn't won on the field, either. :tup:

Edited by Bill Swerski

Cris Carter as a role model? that guy was 10 times fruitier than Moss.

During his early years, yes I agree. But during his last couple of years he did provide that mentor rolle for Moss. Randy was on good behavior until Carter retired and he was asked to step up.

During his early years, yes I agree. But during his last couple of years he did provide that mentor rolle for Moss. Randy was on good behavior until Carter retired and he was asked to step up.

The only thing Carter did in those later years was cause problems. if it was not with Moss it was with his QB. he was mad because he went from being double covered to being single covered because Moss as a rookie had already demanded more respect than him and was already better than him.his jealousy was what was coming out of him most of that time. he did call out Moss on not being aggressive enough over the middle and he was correct. then he went on a tear where he kept dropping passes right after that. noone liked him and noone paid any attention to what he said.

Not trying to make this sound like some kind of rant Kid as you always throw out some good knowledge when talking football..just thowing what I saw out there.

The other didn't get a full scholarship from VT and you have no idea if he donated or not.

One QB was sued for knowingly giving a woman herpes. One was caught trying to sneak Josh Gordon onto a plane... in a water bottle that isn't allowed on the flight either. One is also currently involved in an animal abuse scandal.

Sounds like you picked a real winner there. Oh, wait, he hasn't won on the field, either. :D

Oh no he didn't!

The only thing Carter did in those later years was cause problems. if it was not with Moss it was with his QB. he was mad because he went from being double covered to being single covered because Moss as a rookie had already demanded more respect than him and was already better than him.his jealousy was what was coming out of him most of that time. he did call out Moss on not being aggressive enough over the middle and he was correct. then he went on a tear where he kept dropping passes right after that. noone liked him and noone paid any attention to what he said.

Not trying to make this sound like some kind of rant Kid as you always throw out some good knowledge when talking football..just thowing what I saw out there.

No offense taken Doc. I'm 5 steps removed from the Vikings so my impressions are only what the media wanted me to see. :D

I really hope Randy Moss does well in New England. I think he has been mislabeled by the media and he is due back some good.

What Savage said is dead one. However, I am not sure how good of a leader he is and that is where he is struggled arguably. Randy won't be asked to be a leader in New England and once he gets in that huddle with Brady (like someone else has stated already), he will understand how things work. I think he is already on good behavior and this notion that he is going to tear that team apart is so far from reality. Stop drinking the Haterade.

I really hope Randy Moss does well in New England. I think he has been mislabeled by the media and he is due back some good.

The guy has deserved all of the labels he has gotten. IMO this is a desperation move by Beledick that I hope backfires big time on him. Moss may have a few good years left, but he will absolutely not help the chemistry of this team. One or two players is all it takes to mess up an entire team.

What Savage said is dead one. However, I am not sure how good of a leader he is and that is where he is struggled arguably. Randy won't be asked to be a leader in New England and once he gets in that huddle with Brady (like someone else has stated already), he will understand how things work. I think he is already on good behavior and this notion that he is going to tear that team apart is so far from reality. Stop drinking the Haterade.

I agree with this.

Cris Carter was extremely upset when he wasn't allowed to pass Herman Moore for the reception lead in the last game of the year. This was before Randy was on the team in '95. Moore had 123 and CC and Rice ended up with 122. According to Carter's book, you are to refer to him as Mr. Carter. Not sure if it goes the other way but it's highly unlikely that he refers to anyone in this way himself.

Is this the guy that showed Moss the ropes?

Don't get me wrong. I liked what Carter and Moss did for the Vikes. I know that when Randy talks, people interpret things differently than what he meant to say. I don't think either one is a terrible guy on or off the field. I've spent alot of time here at the Huddle defending Moss.

But I don't believe that Randy will be a different person on one team than he is on another. What happens when another player or team rep is sitting in the seat on the bus that Randy thinks should be his? He won't yell at that person because he's on the Patriots? :D I don't see andthing different from Randy while with the Patriots than what I've seen from him in his entire career.

There's nothing wrong with hoping for the best and that he will be a happier person in a new environment. But I don't see any dramatic changes in Randy for very long even if he is on a great team like the Patriots.

The guy has deserved all of the labels he has gotten. IMO this is a desperation move by Beledick that I hope backfires big time on him. Moss may have a few good years left, but he will absolutely not help the chemistry of this team. One or two players is all it takes to mess up an entire team.

It very well could be a desperation move but for what he gave up, a fourth round draft choice it is definitely worth it to land a HOF talent. And how does Randy Moss deserve the labels he has gotten? He has proven he can get it done on the field. And I don't consider his Oakland time productive time because he had a quarterback who was inept at passing and couldn't at times because his offensive live was just plain awful. The one thing I will slight him for was him saying he doesn't try on every single play. Ok, fine, he shouldn't have said that, but I guarantee you many players feel the same way. What else has he done? Complained about not being on a winning team? Any player would say the same if forced to. Does anyone have that article that was in SI or ESPN the Mag a year or two ago? It talked about how Moss lives in a gated community made for elderly people. He is a model citizen and people love him there.

Randy Moss is a good guy, better than a lot of the guys in the NFL. When did he EVER break team chemistry up? This isn't TO by any means, stop the comparisons.

It very well could be a desperation move but for what he gave up, a fourth round draft choice it is definitely worth it to land a HOF talent. And how does Randy Moss deserve the labels he has gotten? He has proven he can get it done on the field. And I don't consider his Oakland time productive time because he had a quarterback who was inept at passing and couldn't at times because his offensive live was just plain awful. The one thing I will slight him for was him saying he doesn't try on every single play. Ok, fine, he shouldn't have said that, but I guarantee you many players feel the same way. What else has he done? Complained about not being on a winning team? Any player would say the same if forced to. Does anyone have that article that was in SI or ESPN the Mag a year or two ago? It talked about how Moss lives in a gated community made for elderly people. He is a model citizen and people love him there.

Randy Moss is a good guy, better than a lot of the guys in the NFL. When did he EVER break team chemistry up? This isn't TO by any means, stop the comparisons.

:D