[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bad Luck Date

T_bone65

I know everyone will laugh and ridicule but does anyone have a certain date that has brought them bad luck?

Well mine is May 11th and I will list a couple of reason why.

May 11th 1977, I was 12 years old and just finishing up 6th grade. After school some friends and I were playing soccer and the ball ended up on top of the roof of the school, 12 feet up. Well, we always climbed up on the roof to get balls or whatever else ended up there. This time I had cleats on though and when I got to the top I pushed off with my right foot from the wall and slipped and fell 12 feet onto concrete head first. I broke my right forearm and my left arm had 3 compound fractures in the wrist, elbow and shoulder. I broke my nose and had stiches on my right eyebrow. My eyes were swollen shut for 2 weeks and I had a cast on my left arm for a total of 3 months during the summer.

May 11th 1983 I was 18 and working at a Country club tennis shop, talking about hitting young hot chicks with plenty of $$$ :D I was drying out a glass bowl after a luncheon and the bowl shattered in my hand and tore a tendon on my left ring finger knuckel amongst other minor cuts. I had to have surgery to repair the tendon and I still have no feeling in that finger and I have 4 other cut scars as well.

May 11th 1987 I was 22 and playing basketball with some friends and I turned my ankle and tore all of the tendons/ligaments and had to wear a cast for about 6 weeks or so. Still hurts to this day.

May 11th 2000 I was 35 and almost lost my Governemnt job/Security Clearance over a DUI, self inflicted I know but I have learned my lesson big time

There are 4 short stories to why this is my bad luck date.

Anyone else have anything similar happen on a single date?

You're due. I'd stay the frack inside and close the doors and don't get up or move or anything.

I had to keep my Iron man streak of 2 weeks without missing work going though :D Well since I have been brack to work that is, man those 3 months off were sweettttttttttttttt

Its funny you should post this because the 11th has always been an eventful day for me too

May 11th 1977- I remember pushing some kid off of a roof

May 11th 1983- I had this delicious salad in a great big bowl. I remember cracking the bowl a little but I didnt mention it to anyone. I always felt guilty about that.

May 11th 1987- I used my pattented step on the ankle of my opponent in hoops. Some poor bastage I was playing went down like a ton of bricks

May 11th 2000- I called the cops from my cell to report some erratic driving by some guy in front of me.

Edited by whomper

Its funny you should post this because the 11th has always been an eventful day for me too

May 11th 1983- I had this delicious salad in a great big bowl. I remember cracking the bowl a little but I didnt mention it to anyone. I always felt guilty about that.

May 11th 1987- I used my pattented step on the ankle of my opponent in hoops. Some poor bastage I was playing went down like a ton of bricks

May 11th 2000- I called the cops from my cell to report some erratic driving by some guy in front of me.

:D

I know everyone will laugh and ridicule but does anyone have a certain date that has brought them bad luck?

Well mine is May 11th and I will list a couple of reason why.

May 11th 1977, I was 12 years old and just finishing up 6th grade. After school some friends and I were playing soccer and the ball ended up on top of the roof of the school, 12 feet up. Well, we always climbed up on the roof to get balls or whatever else ended up there. This time I had cleats on though and when I got to the top I pushed off with my right foot from the wall and slipped and fell 12 feet onto concrete head first. I broke my right forearm and my left arm had 3 compound fractures in the wrist, elbow and shoulder. I broke my nose and had stiches on my right eyebrow. My eyes were swollen shut for 2 weeks and I had a cast on my left arm for a total of 3 months during the summer.

May 11th 1983 I was 18 and working at a Country club tennis shop, talking about hitting young hot chicks with plenty of $$$ :D I was drying out a glass bowl after a luncheon and the bowl shattered in my hand and tore a tendon on my left ring finger knuckel amongst other minor cuts. I had to have surgery to repair the tendon and I still have no feeling in that finger and I have 4 other cut scars as well.

May 11th 1987 I was 22 and playing basketball with some friends and I turned my ankle and tore all of the tendons/ligaments and had to wear a cast for about 6 weeks or so. Still hurts to this day.

May 11th 2000 I was 35 and almost lost my Governemnt job/Security Clearance over a DUI, self inflicted I know but I have learned my lesson big time

There are 4 short stories to why this is my bad luck date.

Anyone else have anything similar happen on a single date?

I got married on this date back in '96. There are some who'd say my fate is worse than yours.

(Not me, though. How can annual sex night be a bad day?)

I got married on this date back in '96. There are some who'd say my fate is worse than yours.

(Not me, though. How can annual sex night be a bad day?)

Since it is my bad luck day I am not going to swing at this softball :D

Congrats and many years of happiness :D

My wife was born on May 11. It's still up in the air whether was good luck or bad luck for me.

A Happy Birthday to Mrs. Teve :D

Remembering that is half the battle... so probably good luck for you!

is Today allowed - my cell/blackberry broke, our digital camera broke, i tore up my hand at home depot, and my wife's ATM card gets declined at the starbucks in the airport as she's beginning a trip, completely freaking her out.

I call the bank on that last one (after checking the account and seeing no issues online) - their answer essentially after an hour of first convincing them it's me and my wife and then pressing for the "why" they shut it down - between some shopping (for a dress to wear to the wedding she's traveling to..and shoes..and whatever the heck else she got), two trips to hair stylist in 4 days (shoot me)...and then hitting the airport, somehow that tripped their new fraud system put in for "terrorist" reasons (no lie - woman blamed it on that)....now, weddings are scary, but for christ sake

I started essentially yelling "it was STARBUCKS, not GunsRUs" -

good news is, still got 90 minutes till 2nd child is asleep then hours of some painting and other work around here - meaning at least 4 or 5 other things could happen before today ends.