[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Party Idea

AtomicCEO

The concept: Wine and Scanner Party

Invite long-time friends over to the house and have them bring a bottle of wine, and their photo albums from the time we have all known each other.

Go through photo albums and scan good photos onto CDs/Media cards for everyone to take home. Meanwhile, get loopy and reminisce about the good old days. I have lots of pictures from college and since, but they are mostly of the people I'd invite to the party, whereas they have the pictures with me in them.

Sound fun?

What a fast way to scan photos? The only way I know how to do it involves Photoshop, a slow scan process, then cropping and correcting color, and then saving... that whole process is time consuming and technical. Do they make scanners now that do auto color-correction and cropping to save time?

The concept: Wine and Scanner Party

Invite long-time friends over to the house and have them bring a bottle of wine, and their photo albums from the time we have all known each other.

Go through photo albums and scan good photos onto CDs/Media cards for everyone to take home. Meanwhile, get loopy and reminisce about the good old days. I have lots of pictures from college and since, but they are mostly of the people I'd invite to the party, whereas they have the pictures with me in them.

Sound fun?

What a fast way to scan photos? The only way I know how to do it involves Photoshop, a slow scan process, then cropping and correcting color, and then saving... that whole process is time consuming and technical. Do they make scanners now that do auto color-correction and cropping to save time?

Hey by all means have a blast!! However, remembering that I'm not one to judge on these things as I'm married and don't do much, therefore I'm not up to date on what's cool now, but this Party idea sounds like it would be what a bunch of women would do if they planned a get together, no? I mean a bunch of guys getting toasted on wine, sharing pictures of each other, which by the way they are putting on disks so they can take them home from the party to put them on their own computers to stare at. :D:D

But hey if that's what you like, as I said, Have a Blast!! :tup:

Edited by irish

Atomic, you're in a position where the first thing you should do is ensure you have safe transportation for everyone to and from the party.

Think about that.

Nah... my friends are all experienced drunk drivers. It's cool.

(lets see how far off track this thread can get)

• Sad 1

Hey by all means have a blast!! However, remembering that I'm not one to judge on these things as I'm married and don't do much, therefore I'm not up to date on what's cool now, but this Party idea sounds like it would be what a bunch of women would do if they planned a get together, no? I mean a bunch of guys getting toasted on wine, sharing pictures of each other, which by the way they are putting on disks so they can take them home from the party to put them on their own computers to stare at. :tup::D

But hey if that's what you like, as I said, Have a Blast!! :doh:

Oh my. Did Irish just call me gay?

T-minus 10 minutes to brutal retaliation... :D

Did irish make a sarcastic joke that actually was worth a chuckle and hit the mark? My understanding of the world has shifted just a little to accomodate that which I thought was not possible. If I may pile on, have you considered hiring a carcicature artist that could draw you and your friends in zany situaitons such as water skiing and shoveling snow. The jocularity that will ensue would be insane!

Oh my. Did Irish just call me gay?

T-minus 10 minutes to brutal retaliation... :D

yes... irish just poked you with a stick

:D:tup::doh::D It was just a little stick. I thought when typing my message that I could be missing something but if I did, I'm still missing it. Don't get me wrong man, you want to get together with your boys, get wasted, look at pictures of each other while sharing stories and putting the pics on disks as parting gifts. Who am I to judge? Like I said have a blast!! Just make sure all the items like plungers are locked away. :D

Did irish make a sarcastic joke that actually was worth a chuckle and hit the mark? My understanding of the world has shifted just a little to accomodate that which I thought was not possible. If I may pile on, have you considered hiring a carcicature artist that could draw you and your friends in zany situaitons such as water skiing and shoveling snow. The jocularity that will ensue would be insane!

:D:D

I think it's a good idea, but will prolly be too labor intensive for a party. My sister is into scrapbooking, and she put together her last one and then had it copied. It came out very nice with high reolution for about $2 a page. If you instead had everyone bring over their photos and put together a scrapbook, then you could copy them. If it was years of photos within a group of friends, I would think it would be fun to put together and make copies for everyone.

Did irish make a sarcastic joke that actually was worth a chuckle and hit the mark? My understanding of the world has shifted just a little to accomodate that which I thought was not possible.

:sigh: I thought you were smarter than this. I shall bookmark this post as evidence when everyone's wondering why Irish's drivel reaches the point of insanity.

Yeah... scrapbooking wasn't really what I was after here... Just getting digital copies of the raucus pictures we all have of each other.

And the reason it was wine was so we could have the wives over too. As much as I love a good beruit tournament, it's tough to get the wives interested in that at my age. Plus, it's the offseason, so football is out.

I have a lot of drunk-ass pictures of parties and concerts and camping trips and stuff, but I'm curious what pics my friends have too.

Nah... my friends are all experienced drunk drivers. It's cool.

(lets see how far off track this thread can get)

:D

Irish said it, but many were thinking it....

That said, it could be a blast for you and your friends.

Yeah... scrapbooking wasn't really what I was after here... Just getting digital copies of the raucus pictures we all have of each other.

And the reason it was wine was so we could have the wives over too. As much as I love a good beruit tournament, it's tough to get the wives interested in that at my age. Plus, it's the offseason, so football is out.

I have a lot of drunk-ass pictures of parties and concerts and camping trips and stuff, but I'm curious what pics my friends have too.

Oh the ladies are involved well then that's the horse of a different color. That changes the whole scene. Now this sounds like a nice get together between good friends, having fun drinking and talking about the good times. :D

Oh and Darin stop living in the past, those days are over, move on. :D

Edited by irish

Oh the ladies are involved well then that's the horse of a different color. That changes the whole scene. Now this sounds like a nice get together between good friends, having fun drinking and talking about the good times. :D

Oh and Darin stop living in the past, those days are over, move on. :D

I'll believe it when I see it.

the sun will rise, the lions will lose, twiley is drunk somewhere........ and irish will find a way to step in poop.

Hmmm... I could have sworn I mentioned wives in the original post, but I see now that I didn't. I guess that does sound a little gay.

But even if we were sipping Zima spritzers with parasols through crazy straws and watching The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants... I'd bet it'd be a far more rockin' party than whatever 7up and Juicy-juice party Irish throws.

That's all I'm saying.

so your party idea involves booze, pictures and wives (sounds good so far), but you want to sit around a scanner and scan "memories" and chit? :D sounds like the male version of a tupperware party or baby shower. maybe one of your friends is good at burning the edge of the pages so it looks old and chit, that would really add to the whole flavor you've got going here. then maybe you could do a time capsule.

And I thought going to a couples shower was ghey! But getting your buddies together to exchange pics of each other whilst sipping on a nice chablis? :D Yes, there is something definitely wrong with that. Richard Simmons thinks that party is too ghey for him to attend. That is just wierd bro. I have no words other than to say that I hope this was a nice fishing expedition on a boring Sunday afternoon...

Edited by spain