[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fleetwood Mac

muck

I found myself listening to some older Fleetwood Mac songs on YouTube this morning, and thought ... "Christine McVie seems to have aged much better than Stevie Nicks" ...

What other 1970s rock-stars have aged well / not aged well?

I found myself listening to some older Fleetwood Mac songs on YouTube this morning, and thought ... "Christine McVie seems to have aged much better than Stevie Nicks" ...

What other 1970s rock-stars have aged well / not aged well?

Way less mileage.

Stevie Nicks actually looked really good (for someone her age) during the '97 reunion tour, but she's gained a ton of weight since. And, IIRC, she was kind of heavy shortly before that as well.

And, yes, Grace Slick is an absolute hag now. She wasn't exactly a knockout back in the '60s, either.

this is barely still in the 70s, but for me chrissy hynde still has the same kind of somewhat sexy/somewhat scary vibe she did back in the day.

Good call. Pretenders opened for The Who late last year and were excellent. I last saw them back in....1981 or so, I think, and Hynde was little changed from then.

And, yes, Grace Slick is an absolute hag now. She wasn't exactly a knockout back in the '60s, either.

well, in fairness, i think she's consumed her fair share (and then some) of the controlled substances.

she probably snorted keith richards' dad with him. :D

another one who is just plain scary these days: diana ross :D

Anyone seen Debbie Harry (Blondie) recently? I did a quick Google and I couldn't really tell, but she didn't seem to hold a candle (at all) to her former self.

You know, Marie Osmond doesn't look that bad, though... She was more of a teeny bopper in the 1970s (iirc) than an adult, so she has a few years' head start on "still looking good" than, say, Chrissy Hynde or Christine McVie...

:tup: I thought this was going to be about Fleetwood Mac's music. I have always dug them. Lindsey Buckingham is a f'in stud.

Edit: Of course, his name IS "Lindsey", though. :D

Plus you just called a non-fantasy player a "stud". :D