[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Mock #1

DMD

I have only seen a couple of drafts so far this year but that is the earliest I have seen the WR drained. I picked Fitzgerald at the 2.06 and the 2.07 spots in two different drafts with Wayne still left in both of those leagues (granted, I think he went right behind me).

But this draft cleared them out by the 3.04 IMO and that is going to make teams 5 through 12 have a tough time getting difference makers. Gates has also really fallen in drafts this year compared to 2006.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far to my experience, QBs are like last year - Manning in the second and then the next is in the 4th round, maybe one in the 5th and then everyone starts raiding in the 6th

so far to my experience, QBs are like last year - Manning in the second and then the next is in the 4th round, maybe one in the 5th and then everyone starts raiding in the 6th

Why take a QB early. Even Manning isnt likely to be head and shoulders better than the field now that he realized the running game helps out his defense, and got him a Championship.

That is the beauty of QBs - they last so long and you can still get a good one if not a great one. I just could never take a QB earlier than about the 4th unless the scoring rules really favored QBs. I prefer to wait until the 5th and the 6th if I think I can get away with it.

Why take a QB early. Even Manning isnt likely to be head and shoulders better than the field now that he realized the running game helps out his defense, and got him a Championship.

That is the beauty of QBs - they last so long and you can still get a good one if not a great one. I just could never take a QB earlier than about the 4th unless the scoring rules really favored QBs. I prefer to wait until the 5th and the 6th if I think I can get away with it.

:D It's a mock, and I'm testing a theory. RB depth is as deep as it's ever been, with teams employing two RBs more and more. We'll see how it pans out. I usually PREFER to wait, too... but this fortunately isn't a real league. It's a mock draft.

At what point are we going to have someone log in and make the pick for him? At this rate, the mock will take a week and a half...

I PMed DMD to make the pick.

In mocks here in the past, I believe that we give people 30 minutes to an hour before we start considering having DMD step in. This is typically between 10am and 7pm Central time, as I recall. If you're going to be away for a few hours and don't want to preselect, PM your "plan of action" to another Huddler (preferably one that is not in the mock, who is paying some attention to the results).

I PMed DMD to make the pick.

In mocks here in the past, I believe that we give people 30 minutes to an hour before we start considering having DMD step in. This is typically between 10am and 7pm Central time, as I recall. If you're going to be away for a few hours and don't want to preselect, PM your "plan of action" to another Huddler (preferably one that is not in the mock, who is paying some attention to the results).

I'll be leaving around 7central time until about midnight... I plan on putting up enough guys in my pre-select that it wont matter.

I will be around for a bit but it doesnt look like much is happening.

I have dart league tonight but we do have internet at the bar I play out of so I will be able to check in throughout the night!

I have only seen a couple of drafts so far this year but that is the earliest I have seen the WR drained. I picked Fitzgerald at the 2.06 and the 2.07 spots in two different drafts with Wayne still left in both of those leagues (granted, I think he went right behind me).

But this draft cleared them out by the 3.04 IMO and that is going to make teams 5 through 12 have a tough time getting difference makers. Gates has also really fallen in drafts this year compared to 2006.

I was shocked to be able to get Driver and Housh after the major run.

I was shocked to be able to get Driver and Housh after the major run.

Yeah I should have grabbed Housh but I was in a rush to get back to work everytime I made a pick. My goal was to start a WR run but when I got back to the puter i realized it was just too much to go through all the picks in the few mins I had so I went back to RB and grabbed my QB. Meh we'll see if I can keep this team on its feet through the whole draft? :D

Sorry guys...I loaded up my Round Three pre-selects about 8-players deep, but they were all gone. Perhaps I should have put one of those dreaded Cowboy RBs in there, so i could be sure it would take?

And I didn't know everyone would be hanging out live to do this...last years Mock #1 lasted four days. I am here for the rest of the night, waiting to :D the next guy who slows this down.

:D