[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Mock #1

DMD

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt go QB but am trying something to see how bad it hurts my RB's

Sorry for the delay as I had my pick predrafted and it didnt take? :D I will be on for about a 1/2 an hour and then will check in throughout the afternoon.

I didnt go QB but am trying something to see how bad it hurts my RB's

Sorry for the delay as I had my pick predrafted and it didnt take? :D I will be on for about a 1/2 an hour and then will check in throughout the afternoon.

Before you save your selections, check and see what round you're saving them for. For whatever reason they don't roll over into other rounds.

Before you save your selections, check and see what round you're saving them for. For whatever reason they don't roll over into other rounds.

I was in a hurry when I did it and think I may just not have hit the save button. It was definately for the 2nd round! Dunno for sure I thought I saw the 2 guys names at the top of the screen when I was done.?.?

I am pretty sure, but will have to double check, that you can copy all of your selections from one round to the next wit hthe click of a button from their site.

Ha...didn't want anyone t trump the pick, eh? :D

Seriously...Manning at #22 overall...hard to argue with LJ already on board.

It's risky. I knew I'd end up with a decent WR (although not top-5) and my #2 RB is going to be shaky. But arguably the #1 RB and #1 QB is a deadly combo. Seriously, who's to say LJ can't be #1? That's why I jumped at the chance of mock drafting at #3. Either LT, S-Jax or LJ would be a terrific start to a team.

I'm wondering if this is going to be another year similar to last, where the luck of drawing the #1 pick in re-draft leagues gives you a huge advantage over, say, the number 7-10 spots. At least looking at this mock (I know it's early and it's the first of the year), I can safely say I would be very happy to start a team with LT2, Holt, and Harrison. Virtually no risk in those 3 picks, IMO.

I'm wondering if this is going to be another year similar to last, where the luck of drawing the #1 pick in re-draft leagues gives you a huge advantage over, say, the number 7-10 spots. At least looking at this mock (I know it's early and it's the first of the year), I can safely say I would be very happy to start a team with LT2, Holt, and Harrison. Virtually no risk in those 3 picks, IMO.

Thats part of the reason I chose to pick no.8. I usually end up between 7-9 anyways, so the practice won't hurt. The problem with going LT, Harrison, Holt in my opinion is that he will have a marginal rb as his RB2 and really won't have a strong enough RB3 to use at the flex. Im a firm beleiver in stocking up on backs in 3/4 rounds.

I'm going to disagree to a point. LT2 is a no-brainer, obviously... but I disagree that Harrison is a perfectly safe pick. The guy HAS to start showing signs of a decline, right? :D And according to Tauntaun, Holt is not even a top-10 WR :D

In all seriousness, I think starting at 1, 2 or 3 this season could produce awesome teams. That's why I decided to go the Manning route. It could be construed as a mild mistake, but it may prove my theory right.

I concur. I like that team.

Thats part of the reason I chose to pick no.8. I usually end up between 7-9 anyways, so the practice won't hurt. The problem with going LT, Harrison, Holt in my opinion is that he will have a marginal rb as his RB2 and really won't have a strong enough RB3 to use at the flex. Im a firm beleiver in stocking up on backs in 3/4 rounds.

A lot of 1st and 2nd round RB's have woefully underperformed the last couple years and I expect that to keep happening this year. Having a RB3 to use at flex is nice I guess, but not sure it really matters that much over using a #4 WR (PPR leagues have improved the scoring of the Tier 3/4 WR's the most). The guy with LT, Harrison, and Holt already has a hugh advantage on most of the field, IMO. If he finds even a servicable #2/#3 RB (which quite a few still seem to be available), watch out.

Darin's Manning pick is also interesting and I think it uses the same mind set of grabbing studs instead of RB depth. He also could have gone Gates/WR or WR/Gates.

A lot of 1st and 2nd round RB's have woefully underperformed the last couple years and I expect that to keep happening this year. Having a RB3 to use at flex is nice I guess, but not sure it really matters that much over using a #4 WR (PPR leagues have improved the scoring of the Tier 3/4 WR's the most). The guy with LT, Harrison, and Holt already has a hugh advantage on most of the field, IMO. If he finds even a servicable #2/#3 RB (which quite a few still seem to be available), watch out.

Darin's Manning pick is also interesting and I think it uses the same mind set of grabbing studs instead of RB depth. He also could have gone Gates/WR or WR/Gates.

I considered Gates as well, but I think the TE pool is deep.

I agree that many second-third tier RBs have underperformed and I will be grabbing "RBs with upside" that will most certainly give me enough options.

This happens at the top of draft as well, right? Just because last years 1st early 2nd round rb's have underperformed in the past doesnt mean they will in the future...

This happens at the top of draft as well, right? Just because last years 1st early 2nd round rb's have underperformed in the past doesnt mean they will in the future...

Over the past 3 seasons it seems as the bust rate (I use that term loosely) on RB's turns into somewhat of a crapshoot mid 1st round and later. Yes that happened with SA last year, but not nearly as much when you get into the 2nd-3rd round tier RB's. Tier 1/2 WR's may be some of the safest picks in the drafts.

I'm not understating the importance of RB's, but as someone who almost always went RB-RB for about 5 years in a row, I'm now more open to changing that approach (and had success doing it last year) depending on the circumstances.

Over the past 3 seasons it seems as the bust rate (I use that term loosely) on RB's turns into somewhat of a crapshoot mid 1st round and later. Yes that happened with SA last year, but not nearly as much when you get into the 2nd-3rd round tier RB's. Tier 1/2 WR's may be some of the safest picks in the drafts.

I'm not understating the importance of RB's, but as someone who almost always went RB-RB for about 5 years in a row, I'm now more open to changing that approach (and had success doing it last year) depending on the circumstances.

They're the only guys who are going to touch the ball 20+ times for sure a game.

The reason why 2nd and 3rd round picks bust a lot is because a large amount of them are incumbant backs with a younger guy on the bench, or they have some serious injury concerns...

While waiting for Sarge to pick in round 2 right in front of me, I had Edge as my #1 and Peyton as my #2 pre-select. I actually fully expected to see Manning beside my team and didn't think he'd go with TJ.

I love TJ this yr. That Jets OL is going to be something. And Mangini would rather have the ball in Jones hands, than Pennington's late in games.

I put Thomas Jones as the 8th best RB next yr

1400 rush yards

38 catches for 400 rec yards

12 TDS