[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddle Mock #1

DMD

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I PMed DMD to make the pick.

In mocks here in the past, I believe that we give people 30 minutes to an hour before we start considering having DMD step in. This is typically between 10am and 7pm Central time, as I recall. If you're going to be away for a few hours and don't want to preselect, PM your "plan of action" to another Huddler (preferably one that is not in the mock, who is paying some attention to the results).

Sorry, Darin...didn't mean to hold things up. One of my four kids was getting crushed with allergies, and the wife was at school, so I had all four of them at the doctor. I preselected (it should have showed that next to my draft slot, unless it deletes it if all your players are gone), but as luck would have it, my players were all taken. I planned on going RB/WR/WR with my first three picks, and can't beleive the run on stud WRs that took place before my 3rd-rounder was due. I pre-selected the top 7 remaining WRs (after Smith and CJ (mine) were gone), and Manning, for my 3rd-round pick, thinking surely I'd get one of them. All gone. Amazing.

If I had been around, I would have taken Moss with my 3rd-round pick, and Jacobs with my 4th, but it worked out fine with Jacobs/Colston.

The 10-7 timeframe, though, is tough. When we have done mocks in the past here, people check-in and make their picks at all times of the day/night. To say that all East coasters need to be available on 30 minutes notice from 11:00 to 8:00 EST, and west-coasters from 8AM-6PM is a little rough, no? Unless I am brain hemorraging, last year's mocks typically took 3-4 days to complete. We blew thru almost five rounds of a 16 round draft today. Not bad, and right on track. Another 5 rounds tomorrow, and we can finish it up on Thursday.

BTW, I've been checking in every 20 minutes all night tonight...we seem to be stuck again :D

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Sorry, Darin...didn't mean to hold things up. One of my four kids was getting crushed with allergies, and the wife was at school, so I had all four of them at the doctor. I preselected (it should have showed that next to my draft slot, unless it deletes it if all your players are gone), but as luck would have it, my players were all taken. I planned on going RB/WR/WR with my first three picks, and can't beleive the run on stud WRs that took place before my 3rd-rounder was due. I pre-selected the top 7 remaining WRs (after Smith and CJ (mine) were gone), and Manning, for my 3rd-round pick, thinking surely I'd get one of them. All gone. Amazing.

If I had been around, I would have taken Moss with my 3rd-round pick, and Jacobs with my 4th, but it worked out fine with Jacobs/Colston.

The 10-7 timeframe, though, is tough. When we have done mocks in the past here, people check-in and make their picks at all times of the day/night. To say that all East coasters need to be available on 30 minutes notice from 11:00 to 8:00 EST, and west-coasters from 8AM-6PM is a little rough, no? Unless I am brain hemorraging, last year's mocks typically took 3-4 days to complete. We blew thru almost five rounds of a 16 round draft today. Not bad, and right on track. Another 5 rounds tomorrow, and we can finish it up on Thursday.

BTW, I've been checking in every 20 minutes all night tonight...we seem to be stuck again :D

Don't apologize to me or anyone else. We all have stuff that pulls us away... don't worry about it. I loaded up on mocks last year and from what I remember, during "normal business hours" (Central time) there were picks being made every 10-15 minutes (on average) with some taking 45 minutes to an hour. Obviously, if people want to log on at night and pick, that's great. The basic mantra is: preselect if you feel you're going to be away for more than 2 hours and your pick is 4-5 spots off. :D

Edited by darin3

The reason why 2nd and 3rd round picks bust a lot is because a large amount of them are incumbant backs with a younger guy on the bench, or they have some serious injury concerns...

You pretty much described almost every RB in the NFL.

Last year consensus 1st rounder picks like Lamont Jordan, Caddy Williams, Ronnie Brown, and Edgerrin James (that is a consensus 5 out of the first 12 picks) put up less stats compared to FWP, MJD, Bush, Betts, Addai, A. Green, Mcallister, and Thomas Jones with a sprinkling of several 4th to 5th round and later picks in between.

The top 5 scoring WR's last yer generally consisted of Harrison, Owens, Wayne, Holt, and Steve Smith with Lee Evans, Donald Driver, and Housh being minor suprises in the top 10......Mike Furrey in the top 15 was a major suprise.

RBs are busting because their team and/or O-line sucks and they can't or won't commit to the running game after they get behind. Even RBBC RBs are putting up decent numbers considering.

Edited by bushwacked

Correct, I would like the rookie in Minnesota, not the washed up backup in Chicago. Thanks for the catch.

Then why didnt you choose the one from Minnesota. Do you two not know the team the players play for. Sure doesnt look like it, when you make this kind of mistake. I dont get this. How can 2 dif owners screw up in less than 5 rounds. Seriously. Get it to together.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Then why didnt you choose the one from Minnesota. Do you two not know the team the players play for. Sure doesnt look like it, when you make this kind of mistake. I dont get this. How can 2 dif owners screw up in less than 5 rounds. Seriously. Get it to together.

My guess is Major-Tom, a longtime Huddler, knows SJax plays for St. Louis, but he probably searched by name, rather than team, and just clicked the wrong guy. Ditto for Peterson. Imagine, someone made a mistake. Not the end of the world.

Then a gain, maybe they should be barred from all future mocks, and perhaps even have their Huddle membership rescinded? Or worse, be put in a room with Irish for an hour? :D

My guess is Major-Tom, a longtime Huddler, knows SJax plays for St. Louis, but he probably searched by name, rather than team, and just clicked the wrong guy. Ditto for Peterson. Imagine, someone made a mistake. Not the end of the world.

Then a gain, maybe they should be barred from all future mocks, and perhaps even have their Huddle membership rescinded? Or worse, be put in a room with Irish for an hour? :D

Well unless I'm mistaken, in all instances, it says the player's team right next to their position and name. :tup:

So yeah... people, Steve Smith from CAR has already been selected. Don't get all excited when you see "Steve Smith" on the list. :D

Just be careful, people. Preselecting is fantastic, but do it right. :doh:

:D

Guys, chill...a couple guys hit the wrong player....not a big deal...DMD will fix it. As DMD stated in the original post, its practice for everyone...practice on how to draft, how to use the MFL software for those new to it...in the words of Iverson, "We're talkin' practice!" :tup:

Definitley not worth calling these guys out and making them feel bad...no big deal. I am sure the lesson is learned. :D

you're kidding me..

well holding the pick for now. Is DMD about to straighten this out?

I am sure he'll be checking-in shortly....no rush. Last thing we want to do is ruin the mock for the website. It may cost us an extra hour or two...no biggie. Pre-select if you need to scoot.

:D

Guys, chill...a couple guys hit the wrong player....not a big deal...DMD will fix it. As DMD stated in the original post, its practice for everyone...practice on how to draft, how to use the MFL software for those new to it...in the words of Iverson, "We're talkin' practice!" :tup:

Definitley not worth calling these guys out and making them feel bad...no big deal. I am sure the lesson is learned. :D

I guess it is somewhat of a big deal now isn't it?

Ugh...the mistake cost us some time...we have our 2nd A. Peterson drafted.

Halt drafting until DMD can fix and Sleeping King can re-select.

These mistakes are making this mock a joke. This mock will be on the site. So it may be practice to those drafting, but its a tool for the site, and some are making a mockery of this opportunity.

I guess it is somewhat of a big deal now isn't it?

These mistakes are making this mock a joke. This mock will be on the site. So it may be practice to those drafting, but its a tool for the site, and some are making a mockery of this opportunity.

Are you guys strung out on something? So the draft takes an extra hour...or two...or day...or two...who cares?

DMD will fix it, the draft will be fine, and we'll move on...simple.

Are you guys strung out on something? So the draft takes an extra hour...or two...or day...or two...who cares?

It's not a really big deal because it stopped after 1 more drafter only but what if the next 5-6 picks were preselects and then we had to get a hold of 4 huddlers to go back? That would be costly and turn this into a mess.

Considering someone who already had one of his picks made by DMD, because you werent around, you are the last one who should open your piehole.

These drafts generally take 4 days to complete, then another one begins. This will go into next week at this pace, and guys like you are making it worse.

Memorial Weekend is coming up, and I know I wont be around, and I doubt I am alone here. So this needs to be done in 4 days, like the average of these mocks. So time is important.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I am sorry my error has delayed the progress of the draft, but I fail to see how it makes a mockery of it. The intent is to see where players fall and how the teams turn out. I know people want to get through this as quickly as possible, but when people do things as quickly as possible there is a higher probability of mistakes. I rushed my AP preselect before I ran out of the door this morning so that nobody would have to wait on me while I drove to work. Since it caused such a big problem I will start taking more time to make sure my picks are correct.