[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nightmares...

irish

I have some real bad dreams now and again. When I was 10 years old, my parents died in a plane crash. My dad owned a single engine small plane. They were flying to Riverside, CA with some clients to go to dinner. Engine trouble doomed them both.

I wake up soaking wet some nights from bad dreams of falling or plane crashes. I hate to fly. I have only been on an airplane once since 911. I wish I could get past it, but it continues to haunt me.

Bad dreams suck.

I am very sorry to hear that Missoula Griz. I cant possilby imagine how that must have been for you. But I know once my kids are grown. we are going to be foster parents for orphans and kids who have been abandoned or taken away by the state.

I used to have nightmares when I was about 4 or 5 after watching the tv series "Dark Shadows". My Mom quit letting me watch it and the nightmares went away. Except for my recurring dream about snakes. I havent had it in a while, thankg goodness. But that bad boy will wake me up in a cold sweat... :D

I have some real bad dreams now and again. When I was 10 years old, my parents died in a plane crash. My dad owned a single engine small plane. They were flying to Riverside, CA with some clients to go to dinner. Engine trouble doomed them both.

I wake up soaking wet some nights from bad dreams of falling or plane crashes. I hate to fly. I have only been on an airplane once since 911. I wish I could get past it, but it continues to haunt me.

Bad dreams suck.

Damn, Missoula...I know you were just posting this in response to Irish but I'm real sorry to hear that. :D

Unfortunately I have nightmares more often now than when I was a kid. 90% of them I can't remember, most of the one's I do are things like being chased, feeling closed in(I have a bit of a phobia) or something similar. Most of the dreams a short ones that have me waking up with a gasp and most times when I have them they recur multiple times through the night. Sometimes I'll go through 2 or 3 nights at a time having nightmares. I pretty much chalk them up to stress & anxiety and at this age find them more of an uncomfortable annoyance than anything. Every now & then though I'll have one that's much more vivid and long and really gives me that feeling of reality. Two nights ago I had one that I was in a prison camp. I actually woke up sobbing(no tears) after the dream had brought me to a point where I truly felt hopeless. Bad dreams do indeed suck. :D

I used to have real bad nightmares as a kid. My grandmother gave me a set of sheets with sheep and stars on it. She said they were magic and would make me not have nightmares anymore. They worked. =)

These days the only bad dreams I have are about getting busted by the cops for something or other. I'll come home and there will be cops in my house with a hugh bag of "whatever". Pretty sure I know where this anxeity comes from.

not really nightmares, but i had some reoccurring dreams that still pop up once in awhile. the most frequent is that i don't know what class to go to because i lost my class schedule. so i run around the school like an idiot and then end up in the school office getting my schedule. related dreams include forgetting my locker combination, forgetting a class i was supposed to attend in college which stops me from graduating.

I still have these dreams fairly often as well. I'd be interested to hear someones take onthis.

I still have these dreams fairly often as well. I'd be interested to hear someones take onthis.

Had similar dreams to this and what tonmorator explained ...I think subconciously its a sign or reminder of not being able to get something done ...or something which requires a deadline or a reponsibility that is weighing on one"s mind and causing worry ..maybe work related or family related ...that's my take anyway

I am so sorry to hear that. Who raised you after their deaths? You don't have to answer if you choose not to.

My Aunt and Uncle adopted my sister, myself, and little brother. They had 4 children of their own. It was quite a sacrafice they made. 7 children between the ages of 13 and 4.

They were great parents and gave us a lot of love. I am still really close to them, but I always felt cheated out of not having my own parents around. I now have two children. My son is 11 and daughter is 7. I spend a lot of time with both of them. Its pretty cool reliving some of the things you missed through your kids.

I am very sorry to hear that Missoula Griz. I cant possilby imagine how that must have been for you. But I know once my kids are grown. we are going to be foster parents for orphans and kids who have been abandoned or taken away by the state.

Thats way cool Spain.

• 3 years later...

Normally, I dont remember much (if any) of my dreams. Recently had one that still has me a little shaken...

I am standing back from a distance watching as my wife and the new puppy (we just got) are crossing a street of some kind. Traffic comes up behind them all of a sudden and they dont seem to be aware. Just as vehicles are about to get to them a panel truck cuts off my view and I dont actually see them get hit. When the truck passes, they are both laid out in the road, though. By the time I get over to them, the puppy is struggling to drag itself through a pool of blood to get over to my wife who is lying motionless. I woke up terrified at that point. Cant get the damn image out of my head and its been days now :wacko:

Ever have a really bad dream and just cant seem to let it go?

Talk about an old bump!

As a kid I had the "no pants" dream a lot. Went to school wearing only my tighty whities. Petrified someone would notice.

As far as not being able to let dreams go, several times I dreamt about my ex (while we were still married) and I'd wake up still angry at her! Also had a few dreams where I fell in love, and still felt like that after waking.

As a kid, had a recurring dream, my best friend and I are being chased by a T-Rex, it catches him, and eats him head first. It then catches me, eats me half way to my waist, feet first, and I say 'Oh, wow, it doesn't even hurt...." and he gulps the rest of me down. :wacko:

My parents just said go back to bed, it was a nightmare. They made it out like it was no big deal... and that seemed to work fine.

Dinosaurs were my problem when I was a kid. I used to dream of those things chasing me all the time. The only other one I remember were dreams of hurricanes while we were at the beach.

My daughter now dreams of tornadoes and dinosaurs chasing her.