[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick a heavyweight in dog fighting?

Randall

Outside the Lines story

"Our confidential source says he's been involved in dog fighting for over 30 years. He's trained and fought -- by his estimation -- around 2,000 pit bulls and was poised to tell "Outside the Lines" about the time in 2000 when his dog squared off against a dog owned by someone he referred to as one of the "heavyweights" of the dog fighting world: Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick.

"He's a pit bull fighter," the source says of Vick. "He's one of the ones that they call 'the big boys:' that's who bets a large dollar. And they have the money to bet large money. As I'm talking about large money -- $30,000 to $40,000 -- even higher. He's one of the heavyweights." :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point the truth may be hard to discern from fancy. This guy could simply be a glory hound looking to ride the publicity wave. Or he could be looking for Vick to pay him to shut up. And yes it is possible that he speaks the truth.

Surely Vick is the most exciting dog fighting trainer to ever hit the circuits.

I'd guess that Vick never successfully threw a dog fight...

...and he couldn't pass one by either...

And yes it is possible that he speaks the truth.

As a long time confidential police informant that the media had to blank his face and diguise his voice, I'm betting he has a bit more credibility than Ron Mexico or his welfare-check-to-the-mansion-dog-fighting relative that Mike's trying to pin this on ...

Vick is as clean as Ricky Williams' bong or Onterrio Smith's whizzinator! :D

As a long time confidential police informant that the media had to blank his face and diguise his voice, I'm betting he has a bit more credibility than Ron Mexico or his welfare-check-to-the-mansion-dog-fighting relative that Mike's trying to pin this on ...

actually that wasnt the police informant.. the police informant was blacked out too, but no disguised voice.

thats nasty ...true but nasty. this just keeps getting better and better. I love all of this it makes the offseason more fun ....... :D

At this point the truth may be hard to discern from fancy.

where there's this much smoke, there's bound to be at least a small fire. The NFL is really dragging their feet on this one because they obviously don't want to suspend one of their most popular players but I can't wait until Goodel is forced to drop the hammer on Vick.

"Our confidential source says he's been involved in dog fighting for over 30 years."

Over 30 years? How old is the future hall of famer, 27 or 28?

they start em young in the dog fighting circuit. you start out fighting shih-tzu's and slowly make your way up to the esteemed pit bull circuit.

Edited by dmarc117

He then went on to describe the scene from that night seven years ago, as he took his 42-pound dog into the pit (the area dogs fight in) to face off against Vick's dog. He says Vick did not get into the pit but had a member of his entourage handle his dog while Vick placed bets with the 20 or so people in attendance.

"Then he started, you know, waving money," the source said. "He was betting with everybody … He said he got $5,000. He said he's betting on his animal."

:D

Somebody check my math here.

This confidential source says Vick was throwing around thousands of $$$ per fight, but wasn't Vick still in College seven years ago?

Edited by Big Score 1

:D

Somebody check my math here.

This confidential source says Vick was throwing around thousands of $$$ per fight, but wasn't Vick still in College seven years ago?

It means that Vick broke some college rules as well. :D

Is that for real?

Or are you just speculating / joking?

Buster Olney talked about it on "Mike & Mike" this morning and also the radio show I am interning for talked about it here in Chicago. It's all speculation but it does not look good.

The voice and showing of this "informant'" is the creepiest/funniest thing ever.

Informant: "He is a pitbull fighter."

Interviewer: "What does that mean?"

Informant: "He likes to fight dogs!"

Edited by Goopster24

"Our confidential source says he's been involved in dog fighting for over 30 years."

Over 30 years? How old is the future hall of famer, 27 or 28?

First thing i noticed when i read it

They were referring to the confidential informant being into dog fighting for 30 years, not Mike Vick.

"Ill take Reading Comprehension for $200, Alex."

They were referring to the confidential informant being into dog fighting for 30 years, not Mike Vick.

"Ill take Reading Comprehension for $200, Alex."

:D:D:tup:

Is the American education system in the tank or what?