[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick is all done

Crazysight

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I've seen are media reports referring to a WVEC-TV show that mentionined it, but that's it. No official word from the authorities & the story on the carcasses being found by WVEC-TV has now been pulled.

POSTED 6:22 a.m. EDT, June 9, 2007

WVEC DROPS CLAIM THAT 30-PLUS DOG CARCASSES WERE FOUND

Several readers have pointed out to us that WVEC-TV has dropped without explanation from its web site a statement that ESPN Radio has reported that nearly three dozen dead dogs were found on the property owned by Mike Vick in Surry County, Virginia.

Attention, WVEC: You can't just make a claim like that, drop it, and make no mention as to why you've done so.

We suspect that the error resulted from WVEC's interpretation of an interview of ESPN's Kelly Naqi during Friday's Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio. Naqi said that the suspicion was that up to 37 dogs were buried on the property. She never said that 37 dogs have been actually found there.

With that said, it's our understanding that WAVY-TV's Mary Kay Mallonee said during a Friday afternoon appearance with Rick Ballou on 1010XL in Jacksonville that dog carcasses were found on the property, and that investigators were happy with the outcome of the search.

So were there any actual dog carcasses found, or not? I've looked for links but can't find any. :D

you know, as hard-nose as Goodell wants to seem now, it may not take a whole lot to hand down a suspension for this. But it would have to have a conviction or something very close to it to happen.

I disagree. No conviction is necessary to be suspended by the commish these days for conduct detrimental to the league. Lots of bad press for the league in this case will cause Goodell to act. I dont think he is going to suspend him for the year or even 8 games. But I think he is looking at 4 games with or without a conviction on the dog fighting charges.

I also am wary of Poindexter, to play the race card so soon seems to be building a defense. Surry County fugged up some way and got jumped by the Feds.

Also, if this is not "Conduct Detremental to the League", well then, I don't know what is....Plus, as I said earlier...Arthur Blank has an image as well, and if you don't think the owner of something as big in the public eye as Home Depot cares about that image and people shopping at the Depot...well, once again, I think you are clearly mistaken. Jerry Richardson would have suspeneded him already-regardless of what the union would say...on that I'm sure.

Goodell will lose major face if a "higher face value player" like Vick is deemed to be treated differently. Plus, there has been a detachment of NFL security moinitoring the case-which Goodell offered there assistance and the Surry County declined....Goodell still kept them in Surry County.

:D He's done. the new commish has a definite plan for the league, and it's been VERY apparent throughout his decisions and disciplinary actions thus far. Vick is as dead as one of his dogs...

All I've seen are media reports referring to a WVEC-TV show that mentionined it, but that's it. No official word from the authorities & the story on the carcasses being found by WVEC-TV has now been pulled.

So were there any actual dog carcasses found, or not? I've looked for links but can't find any. :D

Chris Henry

I'm sick and tired of shoddy reporting. How about just the facts, people? Same deal with the Culpepper issue...one minute they're telling us that he's headed to Jacksonville, the next minute they're backpedaling.

Both of these articles were brought to us, by the way, by rotoworld.

Edited by Crazysight

I thought it was very odd that I wasn't seeing many resources for the Vick info.

The way things are going, I get the feeling that we might not get much for concrete info on this case until it gets closer to trial. The Feds are probably keeping it a very controlled investigation.

Edited by Crazysight

I'm sick and tired of shoddy reporting. How about just the facts, people? Same deal with the Culpepper issue...one minute they're telling us that he's headed to Jacksonville, the next minute they're backpedaling.

Both of these articles were brought to us, by the way, by rotoworld.

It's not just rotoworld Crazysight. ESPN radio got bambozzled too, as did others

All of these media outlets got it from the local station WVEC-TV, who have now pulled the story.

Sensationalistic inaccurate reporting is running rampant these days. But hey! Why verify the facts when it sells? :D

It's not just rotoworld Crazysight. ESPN radio got bambozzled too, as did others

All of these media outlets got it from the local station WVEC-TV, who have now pulled the story.

Sensationalistic inaccurate reporting is running rampant these days. But hey! Why verify the facts when it sells? :D

It sells enough to get 132 responses to this thread with everything from hanging Vick to hanging from Vicks ball sack! I would say the story sold what it was intended to sell.

Eariler in this thread, I've seen it mentioned that Vick may have been brought up in a world that believes that there is nothing wrong with dog-fighting. I have to admit that it brought back something that I remembered as a child and hadn't really thought about it much, but with all the attention that this has gathered, I find myself thinking about it more and more.

I live in northern Texas, quite near the Oklahoma border. As a child, until I was around say 8 or so, my Grandfather used to take my 2 cousins and I across to Oklahoma to attend cock-fights that his brother would have birds in. I hadn't even thought about it except occasionally over the years until this whole story came out. I remember how they used to have metal spurs they would add on the chickens' legs to increase the amount of damage they could do to each other. I also remember seeing a trash barrel (the kind you usually see people burning trash in, metal with holes in the bottom to allow for more air flow to create a good burn) with several dead birds in it.

I find animal fighting, in general, to be a repulsive activity. I do own a Great Dane, Orion, that is a loving and great companion to my wife and I and our 3 daughters. But, when I remember back to those cockfights, I remember there being at least a couple hundred people at some of these fights. It makes me wonder if I had continued to go as I got older, would I have grown accustomed to the fights and found that there wasn't anything actually wrong with it? Which side of the fence would I have been on? Just makes me wonder is all. I don't defend/condone any animal fighting and anyone who believes this post is to that effect is wrong or maybe I just haven't worded it well. So just let me get that out now, I don't like it and don't condone anyone doing it.

My grandfather's brother was still breeding fighting roosters when he died somewhere back in the mid 90's. I even remember him being sentenced to 30 days in jail for having an owl trap on a pole in his yard. Owls are protected around here and he had some coming in and killing his rooster's while they were staked in the yard. You see, just like the dogs, he couldn't put them in a coup together, they had their own little house with a pole driven a few feet away and they were tethered to that pole.

Sorry this post is so long, but I thought I'd share that there is a culture of cockfighting/dogfighting out there. If you feel the need to flame, go ahead I guess, but having seen things from my perspective I can see how people could believe it to be no crime. But having seen what the fights do to the birds, I'm not sure how those same people can't see that it is morally wrong.

+1

So when do we find out if the story is true or not. I'd hate for Broncosn05 to think that his hero is a bad guy if it isn't true :D

Regardless of what comes out of this, if he is still your hero, and if you still defend, I don't thing I will be the only one to lose some respect for you.

The guy, whether he is convicted or not, has been proven to be a disgusting individual, which is very sad, considering the talent he has.

Regardless of what comes out of this, if he is still your hero, and if you still defend, I don't thing I will be the only one to lose some respect for you.

The guy, whether he is convicted or not, has been proven to be a disgusting individual, which is very sad, considering the talent he has.

:D Well said once again. Anybody who can support him needs to recheck their morals.

I mean, let's be realistic here: What is Bobby Petrino thinking right now?

They found the remains of a few dozen dogs on the property? This is absolutely sickening.

Not to make light of this, but...

<Petrino & Blank> Why the hell did we trade Schaub? </Petrino & Blank>

They found the remains of a few dozen dogs on the property? This is absolutely sickening.

<Petrino & Blank> Why the hell did we trade Schaub? </Petrino & Blank>

April 21 (the day of the 2001 NFL Draft) will go down as the worst day in Falcons history and March 22 will go down as the second worst day in it (the day they agreed to trade Schaub).

+1

So when do we find out if the story is true or not. I'd hate for Broncosn05 to think that his hero is a bad guy if it isn't true :D

Vick and his little brother are both a couple of ghetto thugs. Regardless of how this case turns out. I just hope that Broncos05 recognizes that fact.

The remains of 37 dog carcasses being found, was only reported by one media source, a local station WVEC-TV. The story by WVEC-TV was then re-broadcast by other major media outlets.

WVEC-TV has since pulled that story.

<Petrino & Blank> <Rich McKay>Why the hell did we trade Schaub? </Petrino & Blank></Rich McKay>

Fixed in the interests of accuracy, but I completely agree with your point. I don't see "Piano Boy" as an upgrade to Schaub.

However, Schaub would've been an UFA next year & likely too expensive to keep. So regardless of how this Vick dog fighting disaster plays out, trading Schaub now & getting what they got, was the right thing to do. I do think the Falcons could've done better @ back up QB though.

A little patience & they could've had Culpepper. While I don't know if Culpepper will ever return to the form of his Pro Bowl glory days, at least he has shown he's capable. The same cannot be said for "Piano Boy".

The remains of 37 dog carcasses being found, was only reported by one media source, a local station WVEC-TV. The story by WVEC-TV was then re-broadcast by other major media outlets.

WVEC-TV has since pulled that story.

Fixed in the interests of accuracy, but I completely agree with your point. I don't see "Piano Boy" as an upgrade to Schaub.

However, Schaub would've been an UFA next year & likely too expensive to keep. So regardless of how this Vick dog fighting disaster plays out, trading Schaub now & getting what they got, was the right thing to do. I do think the Falcons could've done better @ back up QB though.

A little patience & they could've had Culpepper. While I don't know if Culpepper will ever return to the form of his Pro Bowl glory days, at least he has shown he's capable. The same cannot be said for "Piano Boy".

Yes they probably should have drafted someone after trading Schaub. Looking at the videos of Culpepper at OTA's his knees look pretty agile. He may have something left. Why not take a look?

Regardless of wether the 37 carcasses were found or not, there were still 66 dogs there surrounded by blatent proof of a pretty nice sized dog-fighting operation. I still believe that a back-hoe would uncover the remains of several dogs...if it has not already. Also, it could have been 100% true, but the Feds show up at WVEC and say ..."pull the story" for now. 1st admendment or not, the Feds carry an awful lot of persuasion and slander and liable can be made to stick, FCC license proviked etc...several ways around the "freedom of speech" bail out for the Feds.

Also, it could have been 100% true, but the Feds show up at WVEC and say ..."pull the story" for now. 1st admendment or not, the Feds carry an awful lot of persuasion and slander and liable can be made to stick, FCC license proviked etc...several ways around the "freedom of speech" bail out for the Feds.

That doesn't make any sense PD.

The Feds would not single out WVEC-TV & make them pull the story, yet contine allowing a plethora of other national media sources to re-broadcast it.

That doesn't make any sense PD.

The Feds would not single out WVEC-TV & make them pull the story, yet contine allowing a plethora of other national media sources to re-broadcast it.

Just an insight in to "why" it might have been pulled...not saying they did. I'll just wait and see how it shakes down and whose left standing when all the smoke finally clears, as this is not an attack on the Falcs or their homers.

Edited by PantherDave

:D Well said once again. Anybody who can support him needs to recheck their morals.

+1. Whatever the details, Vick and anyone supporting dog fighting in the 21st century is a subhuman fit only for setting fire to.