[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fathers of Daughters

alexgaddis

As long as any kid is asking questions and you as their father answer them truthfully as possible you will be alright in the long run. Sometimes you have to prod their questions out of them, but it has always worked for me with mine and others that I have taught/coached.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Father's of Daughters,

I'm not sure you are aware, but, if your daughter is 18 years of age or older, it is required by Huddle by-laws that you post a picture of them, preferably in a bikini, mini-skirt, or some other scantily-clad attire. We will also accept pictures of them in Pittsburgh Steelers jersey. Sorry, I don't make the rules. :D

They have been lax on this rule for long enough, now, lets get those pictures posted !!!!!

:D this coming from a guy with a namesake of a ghey boys band and whom named his son Aids for short. Go back to your wet dreams or get beat down by a real Dad. Oh yeah good thing yours was a boy because you are clueless.

:D this coming from a guy with a namesake of a ghey boys band and whom named his son Aids for short. Go back to your wet dreams or get beat down by a real Dad. Oh yeah good thing yours was a boy because you are clueless.

Dude, it was obviously a joke. Lighten up.

As for my son, we named him Aidan, and not one person has called him 'Aids'. What evidence do you have that I'm not a 'real Dad', I sure feel like one. What exactly am I clueless about and why would it be a 'good thing' that I had a boy ?

Edited by Menudo

Dude, it was obviously a joke. Lighten up.

As for my son, we named him Aidan, and not one person has called him 'Aids'. What evidence do you have that I'm not a 'real Dad', I sure feel like one. What exactly am I clueless about and why would it be a 'good thing' that I had a boy ?

I don't have a lighten up side when it comes to my kids especially my daughter.

I have known 4 Aidans in my life and they have all been nicknamed Aids throughout the years. Something parents consider a bit when naming kids.

Boys are a lot easier to raise than girls.

Though maybe having a girl down the line would help a ton for your outlook on other fathers/daughters relationships.

Edited by Hugh B Tool

I have known 4 Aidans in my life and they have all been nicknamed Aids throughout the years. Something parents consider a bit when naming kids.

Though maybe having a girl down the line would help a ton for your outlook on other fathers/daughters relationships.

I have complete respect for the Father / Daughter relationship, and you really need to relax, as I was joking and not even and a tiny bit serious. Next time we consider names for our children though, we will come to you for guidance, as I lay in bed every night with major concern that someone will call my son 'Aids'. :D

Edited by Menudo

Opposite with my boys: after reading the end of Charlotte's Web, I was a little choked up. My boys just looked at me with a quizzical look. I'm pretty sure they were ashamed at me... :D

And we bust Puddys balls for the tire story ?????

I guess I am glad I never told you guys my youngest daughters real name is Herpesia

BTW muck, I think this all is a real good take on parenting. Not that I know alot on the subject, but after some of the behaviors I've seen...well let's just say this is like a ray of sunshine.

:D

My mother always told me not to date a girl who won't mind herpes and Q's.

Much like yoursef, your mom is wise.

I have a 7 year old daughter. The teacher at the end of the school year gave out awards to each child in his first grade class. She was given the "drama queen" award. She still has it hanging on the fridge. Half the time she is a good drama queen; the other half of her drama queen act drives me nuts.

Girls are way harder to raise. :D

Damn your old. :doh:

You had a 5 year old when ET came out?? How the hell old are you?? :D

Ooops. ET was 1982, my daughter was born in '84, so we were watching a video in about 1988 or 89, some seven years after the movie actually came out.

He is as wrinkled as ET

And you're as wrinkled as the center of this -----> :D

:D 50

Correct as always. :tup:

Edited by Ursa Majoris

Wait till she gets married. Talk about being blue. I remember the last meal we had as a family, just me and the mrs and the four little HRs before the oldest daughter got married. I realized it was never going to be like this again. 18 years of the six of us was over. Talk to me about father/daughter talks when you do that.

Wait till she gets married. Talk about being blue. I remember the last meal we had as a family, just me and the mrs and the four little HRs before the oldest daughter got married. I realized it was never going to be like this again. 18 years of the six of us was over. Talk to me about father/daughter talks when you do that.

That's sad. I never thought about it that way. Glad I read this while my oldest is only 13. Thanks.