[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A truly sad day in pro wrestling

SeductiveNun

OK, as many of you probably know by now, I have been a huge wrestling fan from way back in the 70's when I could wrap my fragile little mind at that time around the concept of pro wrestling. Today has to be the most tragic day in the history of the sport/enternainment form in my memory. The Canadian Crippler, AKA the Rabid Wolverine, Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy - AKA Woman - who was beyond a shadow of a doubt one of the best valets/managers of her time, and their young son Daniel were found dead. The entire family gone, just like that. As a wrestling fan who has watched may outstanding matches with Chris Benoit, and can remember the days when Woman made Miss Elizabeth look like Purina Dog Chow, this is really a sad time. :D

Wrestler Benoit, Wife and Son Found Dead

By Associated Press

48 minutes ago

In this March 29, 2004 file photo, provided by ...

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Other recent links:

No gunshot wounds found

Unbelievable. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that there is even something called "pro wrestling" is really sad ... it even sadder that it apparently has an established fan base.

I'd rather watch golf ... and that's saying alot.

What is even more sad is your lack of class. If you want to bag on "pro wrestling" that is fine but not only did the guy and his wife die but a little kid did too.

The fact that there is even something called "pro wrestling" is really sad ... it even sadder that it apparently has an established fan base.

time and place for everything and for all types of posts ...not sure this one was the right for thid grits ..just saying

If he killed his family, I dont feel a bit sorry for him, just the lives he took. That is what is sad. I dont understand if you think you cant live any longer, why you have to take innocent people with you.

i think may be a while before all the facts come out but certainly if he took their lives ( including a child ) and then his , that was would be a disgrace ...but until the facts come out completely , just a sad turn of events imho

If he killed his family, I dont feel a bit sorry for him, just the lives he took. That is what is sad. I dont understand if you think you cant live any longer, why you have to take innocent people with you.

i think may be a while before all the facts come out but certainly if he took their lives ( including a child ) and then his , that was would be a disgrace ...but until the facts come out completely , just a sad turn of events imho

If this is true, then I am sickened by this entire tragedy.

DA confident it was a murder/suicide

Wrestler, family found dead

Mon, 06/25/2007 - 10:06pmBy: John Munford

Authorities believe wrestler Benoit killed wife, son then himself

Authorities believe a professional wrestler, his wife and son ‑ found dead in their central Fayette County home Monday afternoon ‑ died in a murder-suicide.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said Monday night that he felt confident that Chris Benoit killed his wife Nancy, their 7-year-old son and then himself.

Ballard declined to release the cause of death, but said that earlier news reports that the Benoits died of gunshots were false. The crime lab is in the process of confirming the cause of death, but Ballard said there was enough evidence on scene to make him confident that the Benoits were not killed by another person.

Ballard said sheriff's deputies were called to the Benoit home around 2:30 p.m. after another wrestler called the sheriff's department asking them to check on the family because Benoit had failed to show up for an event in another state. When deputies got to the Benoit home off Quarters Road, they smelled the odor of decaying bodies, Ballard said.

The family's bodies were found inside the home, Ballard confirmed.

"Every indication is that this is a murder-suicide," Ballard said, adding that additional investigation still has to take place before a final determination can be made.

Ballard said when he heard that a young child was killed, it "just tore my guts out."

Benoit made his WWE debut in January 2000, following a stint in ECW and WCW and he was at one time world heavyweight champion, world tag team champion and intercontinental champion.

Right now, I ain't got the words.

Edited by SeductiveNun

What is even more sad is your lack of class. If you want to bag on "pro wrestling" that is fine but not only did the guy and his wife die but a little kid did too.

Don't get him started...he didn't even grieve for Barbaro. :D

Anyway, I hate to hear this type of stuff. A guy seemingly has the world as his oyster and brings it crashing down on him and his loved ones.

Anytime you hear about something like this it's a bummer. I wish there would be some oversight as to the drugs these guys are taking though.

Havent read past this post, but I'm sure youve derailed this thread with your garbage. Is everything about you and your opinions little buddy? This kind of post is what should get people banned.

Here is an update on what they are saying about this terrible incident. I couldn't imagine what could lead to someone doing an act as terrible as this. Very sad.

:D

Pro wrestler Chris Benoit killed family, official says

ATLANTA-- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press today.

The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled today by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.