[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I need a math expert please

cliaz

125,000,000 / 6,000,000,000 = 0.0208333

2.08%

Why do you care what the population of Japan is to the world?

The US has about 300,000,000 or 5%

Discovering an equation that explains emotion takes a math expert. Figuring a percentage with two given variables is 3rd grade math :D

:D

On the plus side, I get to pretend I am a math expert today :tup:

On the plus side, I get to pretend I am a math expert today :D

:D Well you have alot of excuses not to be as you spend alot of your time on fantasy football.

Awesome, thanks guys.

yes I know i have horrible grammer when it comes to posting. Yes i know i'm about as bright as a lump of coal when it comes to math [yet i'm a software developer, go figure]. Hence why I posted this.

anyways...

2.08% is the % of parents in the world that have had twins in 2005. I was trying to figure out where my wife and I stood compared to the entire human race when it came to being a parent of multiples.

Did you know that the three most common types of twins are in order are:

1. Fraternal - male/female - 40% of all twins born [which we fall into]

2. Sororal twins - female/female

3. true fraternal - male/male

4. Identical -female/female

5. identical - male/male [the rarest type]

There is a 6th type of twin called a "polar body twin" which is [in theory] when one egg is fertilized by two different sperm and can split to be male/male, male/female, female/female. This is also known as half identical twins.

Awesome, thanks guys.

yes I know i have horrible grammer when it comes to posting. Yes i know i'm about as bright as a lump of coal when it comes to math [yet i'm a software developer, go figure]. Hence why I posted this.

anyways...

2.08% is the % of parents in the world that have had twins in 2005. I was trying to figure out where my wife and I stood compared to the entire human race when it came to being a parent of multiples.

Did you know that the three most common types of twins are in order are:

1. Fraternal - male/female - 40% of all twins born [which we fall into]

2. Sororal twins - female/female

3. true fraternal - male/male

4. Identical -female/female

5. identical - male/male [the rarest type]

There is a 6th type of twin called a "polar body twin" which is [in theory] when one egg is fertilized by two different sperm and can split to be male/male, male/female, female/female. This is also known as half identical twins.

Really? The rarest type eh? Guess I lucked out getting two boys.

Actually, math man... if you factored it into 6 billion people in the world... you're making the assumption that all of them are parents. But even if you did that, you should probably divide it by two, since it takes two people to be a parent.

2+1= ??

Since whomper is not here, it is 3.

The fallacy noted was the assumption that the world's population instead of the number of the world's parenting couples was used as the denominator to determine the percentage of parents that had twins.