[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2007 Projection Spreadsheet -- 8/01/07

rhino

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhino, you are the man!!! These instructions worked for me too. Thanks again.

Glad to hear it! You can thank "ts" for these instructions, I believe. He found them a couple years ago. How he every came across this "recipe", I'll never figure it out.

Well, I figured out my deal with Excel. It just took a little visit to the update office website and now everything works great. Rhino, I really appreciate this.

Glad to hear it! Yes!

Rhino

Do you still have the spreadsheet for WDIS? I am a huge fan of the draft spreadsheet and wanted all the cool tools.

I'll get that up and started when the season gets closer. I'm working on keeping the Wtd Avg Draft sp-sheet updated for now.

Hey Rhino, thanks a ton! This thing is simplifying...err, complicating my draft ten-fold. But in a good way.

One problem though, the update player list buttons don't work for me. Is this a problem that occurred when I opened it (I'm using a mac w/office 2004 BTW) or is the script incorrect. When I press it, it makes every player the first player alphabetically. So if I update RBs, everyone becomes Joseph Addai...They should all be so lucky. Sadly I never learned Basic, so when I looked at the scripts I just got confused. :D

Hey Rhino, thanks a ton! This thing is simplifying...err, complicating my draft ten-fold. But in a good way.

One problem though, the update player list buttons don't work for me. Is this a problem that occurred when I opened it (I'm using a mac w/office 2004 BTW) or is the script incorrect. When I press it, it makes every player the first player alphabetically. So if I update RBs, everyone becomes Joseph Addai...They should all be so lucky. Sadly I never learned Basic, so when I looked at the scripts I just got confused. :D

ALWAYS, after hitting the <Update Player List> button on any Rank tab, one must hit the <F9> (re-calculate button) to have the formulas update the names on the Rank tab.

So, when doing this operation on a Rank tab, follow this order:

a. <Update Player List> ("copies" all names from the Position tab)

b. <F9> (recalculates so that the actual names are listed, just not "Addai, Joseph" on the RB Rank tab (for example))

c. <Fantasy Points> (resort the Rank tab based on projected fantasy points)

d. <F9> again, to get the Rank II tab updated with the new sort order from step "c".

Done.

(I know thisi is a pain in the butt, but if one has "Automatic Calculation" turned off, then this is needed.)

can someone email me a version of this spreadsheat, i can not get it open, email it in works if you could. thanks mbarton11@yahoo.com

You'll need Excel. I know not if this works in Works. If it did, I don't think you'll like the final result, as I'm sure Works leaves A LOT out that I'm using in Excel. Just my .02.

ALWAYS, after hitting the <Update Player List> button on any Rank tab, one must hit the <F9> (re-calculate button) to have the formulas update the names on the Rank tab.

So, when doing this operation on a Rank tab, follow this order:

a. <Update Player List> ("copies" all names from the Position tab)

b. <F9> (recalculates so that the actual names are listed, just not "Addai, Joseph" on the RB Rank tab (for example))

c. <Fantasy Points> (resort the Rank tab based on projected fantasy points)

d. <F9> again, to get the Rank II tab updated with the new sort order from step "c".

Done.

(I know thisi is a pain in the butt, but if one has "Automatic Calculation" turned off, then this is needed.)

:D

Glad to hear it! You can thank "ts" for these instructions, I believe. He found them a couple years ago. How he every came across this "recipe", I'll never figure it out.

My life is nothing but a series of "workarounds" to challenges presented by every day events.